[POLL] New PlayStation Plus Service You'll Choose

TurtlePM

PS+ Service You'll Choose  

565 members have voted

1. 1. What service will you choose when it's available in your country?

• I already have PS+ Premium/Deluxe (Plus+Now)
    • I'll upgrade to PS+ Premium/Deluxe
    • I'll upgrade to PS+ Extra
    • I'll stick with PS+ Essentials
    • I won't subscribe to any PS+ Service

I'm curious about Premium and have said in the past I'd like to buy a year and see how it goes. But since I currently have PSN+ and Now, I believe I'll get a sampling anyway. Either way, if Premium doesn't pan out, probably just drop down to Extra.

Essential. The classics game library needs to grow for me to consider Premium. Plus sites like CDKeys or Eneba having codes for super cheap...I haven't paid full price for PS+ since like 2012 (I paid full price once time when it was still $50 a year and have found discounts ever since), I won't be doing it for Premium either. 

Edited by Viper

i will stick for essential for now, im really curious about the 700 games

23 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

When they announced trophy support for PS Classics they earned my premium subscription for life

Syphon filter Will have platinum, dunno about the other games

• Like 1

Having only PS Now gives you access to premium, and that's my situation. I would upgrade to extra since the games announced are really good so far, and many of them I still have to try them. But it's early to say until the 24th, then we'll know the whole selection.

8 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Can you add Deluxe to the poll? We don't have Premium over here

I've added it to the poll, as alternative to Premium Edition (which is basically the same service except streaming games). 

I'll be sticking with regular PS+.  I don't want to stream games.  If I was able to download and keep more games in my library (as long as I'm a member) like with the current PS+ then I would pay for a higher tier but I don't think this is the case with any of the new tiers (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm sticking with Essentials for now a my current PS+ subscription doesn't end until next year anyway. By then, the Premium tier will have been out for a while and I can assess if it is worth it. As long as PS1 classics are available to buy outside of the subscription, then I will stay with Essentials and just buy the games that I want, but if there is no other way than Premium to access PS1 games then I would consider it. I have no interest in the mid-tier Extra pack.

Sticking with essential tier until they either - 

A) Flesh out the classics game list a lot more 

B.) Allow most games to be downloadable. 

Not everyone has good enough Internet for streaming, going to wait until the service is reviewed / the initial hype is worn off & then make a decision. No need to rush and make a brash choice out of FOMO. 

Edited by MushuMixLipa

Essential

I rarely use PS Plus, and when I do, it's only for playing online. I already have a monstrous backlog and really don't need any more games "for free". As of right now, I own more games I'm ever being able to play during my lifetime.

Edited by R4M Razr

As a PS1 veteran, I wasn't sure about the highest tier at first, but then I watched some Syphon Filter gameplay to recall the game's qualities and the sound of its silenced pistol was enough for me to get it. First I got the nostalgia trip in Astro's Playroom and now this. I'm not even 30 and I'm already reminiscing the good old times lol.

• Like 1

I stick with Essentials. With my daily job, switching between drawing and gaming in my free time, and the huge backlog, the allocated time doesn’t make every penny of a higher subscription tier worth it.

Plus, Syphon Filter is the only known classic game with trophies so far, and with other games like Oddworld: Abe’s Odyssey having no trophies, doesn’t give me confidence that many games will have trophies (just yet), so it doesn’t entice me much to upgrade. I’d rather get these games with trophies individually.

• Like 1