*CONFIRMED* PS Plus for June 2022; God of War, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker

Golem25

2 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I ran into something when I was going for the Persona 5 Royal platinum where I couldn't get one of the avatar packs because supposedly it was time limited but nothing ever gave an indication that it was.

If you contact Sony support they can get the codes for you

I plat FFVII remake a while ago and just found out there were avatars rewards, contact them this weekend and got all

1 hour ago, MichMasteR said:

If you contact Sony support they can get the codes for you

I plat FFVII remake a while ago and just found out there were avatars rewards, contact them this weekend and got all

I've done that, the avatar pack with Haru and Kasume was apparently a limited offer despite not even being the hardest to get.

7 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I ran into something when I was going for the Persona 5 Royal platinum where I couldn't get one of the avatar packs because supposedly it was time limited but nothing ever gave an indication that it was.

Hmm, well that would be a cause for concern. I know Sony has a page or at least a blurb on their site about the few games that offer such rewards but I don't recall any time limit info. 

It's really starting to feel like Sony are trying to 'encourage' players to up their tier beyond the basic package to get anything worth a shit. GOW isn't bad at all but by this point how many players aren't going to have that? Especially when it's available for cheap if they wanted it. 

16 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Would be great to see Indie games suffering in obscurity with ~300 owners be included here to give them the boost they deserve. 

I've said this for a long time, Plus would be much better off featuring good indies, there's a lot of them that get lost in the catalogue.   I'm not sure how they work the budget for Plus but I have to imagine it would be cheaper, and maybe they could pepper the service with the odd day one AAA release.   

I understand the arguments on both sides when it comes to popular AAA games, but GOW is over 4 years old, it's been on the Plus collection for a year and a half, and it's been dirt cheap to buy for a long time, it's £7.50 on Amazon right now.   All additions like this do is eye roll the 20 million or so PS5 users, GOW fans that were always buying it, and even more gamers with mild interest that could pick it up so cheaply it's worth the punt.   I get that some will be happy with the opportunity to play it but I have to query how many gamers that actually is, and is it worth annoying, at bare minimum, 20 million PS5 users that got this game free as part of the 'buy this console incentive' collection?  I'm not sure it is worth it, and it's not the first time we've all had this debate.

I'd honestly rather see good indies on the service, there's some great little indie games out there that just pass people by.

• Like 2

I'd honestly rather see good indies on the service, there's some great little indie games out there that just pass people by.

Presumably those indie games get lost because the general public avoid or aren't interested in them. 

You want to use the service as a way to lead a horse to water and make them drink.

Trading popular games for unpopular games doesn't seem like a good deal.

1 hour ago, Auto-Tomato said:

People want big-name games on the service as it makes them feel like they get more value for being a PS+ member. There are great indie games out there, but being able to put a big name AAA like FIFA ( I hate Soccer/sports games) game will be far more positive for the service.

I think they do a good job at helping smaller games explode in popularity. I doubt Fall Guys or Rocket League would have ever garnered such a huge audience if they weren't on PS+ at launch. Even more recently Bugsnax would probably have gotten no attention.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

On 5/30/2022 at 1:55 PM, Infected Elite said:

ultimately doesn't mean much to me. im upgrading to premium. I also very rarely touch psplus titles 

Same, this drop news became a lot less important. The only update is to see the full catalog.

31 minutes ago, Patrin18 said:

Same, this drop news became a lot less important. The only update is to see the full catalog.

i don't even care about full catalog, it'll have PSNow and some other stuff but idk how likely i am to play ps1 games. PS2 depends what they are, but also unlikely. Prob stick to some ps3 games, do some easy fighters.. and so on.

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

Presumably those indie games get lost because the general public avoid or aren't interested in them. 

You want to use the service as a way to lead a horse to water and make them drink.

Trading popular games for unpopular games doesn't seem like a good deal.

Respectfully, I don't think that's fair, there's a lot of good indies that just don't get the exposure, a lot rely on word of mouth, it's not strictly that they are unpopular or lack interest, they often just get lost in amongst the plethora of games that release constantly and overshadowing from fashionable big budget AAA games that have the marketing budget behind them.  You can't make a horse drink, but there's nothing wrong leading it to water, many indies are great experiences that sometimes put AAA games to shame.

58 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

People want big-name games on the service as it makes them feel like they get more value for being a PS+ member. There are great indie games out there, but being able to put a big name AAA like FIFA ( I hate Soccer/sports games) game will be far more positive for the service.

I think they do a good job at helping smaller games explode in popularity. I doubt Fall Guys or Rocket League would have ever garnered such a huge audience if they weren't on PS+ at launch. Even more recently Bugsnax would probably have gotten no attention.

I understand the value perception, I did say pepper it with AAA releases, but I've always had a problem with both popular, like TJ above stated, and the age of AAA games, in that a lot  gamers will have already bought these games...they're popular after all, and the longer from release the easier it is, for people that want to play these titles, to pick them up cheaply.  TJ made the comment about not being interested in indies, the same applies to AAA, I really do query how many gamers that have any interest in GOW haven't already played it, compared to those that have no interest regardless.  I'm sure there will be some but I suspect it's quite the minority.

Day one releases of AAA games would be welcome, we're seeing more of that in the industry, I think NHL 22 released day one on Game Pass for example, having a Plus line up with regular good indies and the occasional day one AAA would be much preferable to years old AAA games that most have already played and/or can pick up dirt cheap.

I agree with you about smaller games, I could list a lot of indie games that I played because of Plus that were a blast, Deadly Tower of Monsters, New Little King's Story, Grow Home, Galak-Z, Xeodrifter, Apotheon, Horizon Chase Turbo (fantastic little arcade racer)...   I can't think of many AAA games on Plus that I didn't already own.

1 hour ago, Auto-Tomato said:

I understand the value perception, I did say pepper it with AAA releases, but I've always had a problem with both popular, like TJ above stated, and the age of AAA games, in that a lot  gamers will have already bought these games...they're popular after all, and the longer from release the easier it is, for people that want to play these titles, to pick them up cheaply.  TJ made the comment about not being interested in indies, the same applies to AAA, I really do query how many gamers that have any interest in GOW haven't already played it, compared to those that have no interest regardless.  I'm sure there will be some but I suspect it's quite the minority.

Day one releases of AAA games would be welcome, we're seeing more of that in the industry, I think NHL 22 released day one on Game Pass for example, having a Plus line up with regular good indies and the occasional day one AAA would be much preferable to years old AAA games that most have already played and/or can pick up dirt cheap.

I agree with you about smaller games, I could list a lot of indie games that I played because of Plus that were a blast, Deadly Tower of Monsters, New Little King's Story, Grow Home, Galak-Z, Xeodrifter, Apotheon, Horizon Chase Turbo (fantastic little arcade racer)...   I can't think of many AAA games on Plus that I didn't already own.

I think the issue in this specific instance is GoW itself. It's a game that sold over 10 million copies, is part of the PS Collection (so it's already free for all PS5 owners), and it will actually be part of the upper tiers of the new PS+ subscription. It has no business being a free game on PS+.

For quite some time, PS+ AAA games have generally been games I don't buy like Darksiders, Just Cause, Battlefield, Tomb Raider, and more. These are definitely older titles for sure, but I think you might be underestimating how many people just don't get around to buying games they are interested in. It definitely feels bad when it is a game you have, like when FF7 Remake was free (and surprisingly quickly after launch), but I don't think it's as widespread as most make it out to be.

I think more AAA game Day One release would be great, but I don't think it will happen. As far as I can tell, If Xbox wasn't owned by Microsoft, they would be hemorrhaging money. It doesn't seem like it's sustainable, but we will see.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 2:39 PM, Squarevii87 said:

i think  god of war sold 20m copies

ps4  120m

so its around 15%

How dare you use math/statistics as an argument when we are living in times where feelings are more important than science ?

On 5/30/2022 at 3:08 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

Come on guys, look at the bright side. ?

Totally agree with you. Probably sony is planning to take down the whole Ps plus collection in a near future (one game was already took out). ??