Trying to learn all the EZPZ categories.

JohnCenaSong-

19 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Why though ?1f3fc.png‍♀️ Just seems a weird thing to monitor ?

I find it interesting. Just getting an idea of the scale and variety available if one were to give it a go. Not saying I would (or, maybe, as a small thing for a month or something xD)

Thanks for the extra submissions anyone who's given some. I'll add some more to the list it seems.

The saddest part is that a bunch of the Ratalaika published games are supposed to be great, but the only thing a mere mortal like myself can do is vote with my wallet and not support anything they publish... which sadly also hurts those Indie devs. 

12 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

The saddest part is that a bunch of the Ratalaika published games are supposed to be great, but the only thing a mere mortal like myself can do is vote with my wallet and not support anything they publish... which sadly also hurts those Indie devs. 

Honestly, with the addition of ps5 autopops, there's no point anymore.

No harm in picking up the Rat titles you might enjoy, few and far in between they may be.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Honestly, with the addition of ps5 autopops, there's no point anymore.

No harm in picking up the Rat titles you might enjoy, few and far in between they may be.

I personally view them on the same plane and I don't plan to autopop what I can avoid. Worst case scenario I might get some of the Ratalaika published games on PC.

Chilidog Interactive also fit the bill - their games are mostly fun, and can be challenging, but most come with a cheat code that allows you to pretty much auto-pop the platinum (which... WHY?).

Many Jandusoft games also are quick and easy - trophywise anyway.

Top Hat is another publisher with skippable visual novels (again, though, WHY WOULD YOU?)

(Off-topic, but as I see that 98% of people skipped through a Rata VN, Cross the Moon, which I am really enjoying right now, I'd encourage everyone to actually read it? Also playing Rata's Rise of the Slime at the moment, which is fun as hell, in an easy Slay the Spire way)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, djb5f said:

Tellatale (albeit longer games) could technically fit.  

A longer visual novel that spans hours and cannot be rushed through in 30 minutes or less is a different experience.  I mean, you can actually die in a Telltale game like Walking Dead and you can't die at all in something like Journey, yet that game is an "experience" to.

The main difference being stretching the dollar.  So you could buy (pick any number) of X games from crap, lets say 30 at $1/piece, and that $30 = 5 minutes of entertainment per game, so 150 minutes or 2.5 hours.  Or you can spend your $30 on 2 games at $15, or 3 games at $9.99 or less and get at least 8 hours x 2 or x 3, minimum, so 16 or 24 hours of gaming.  If they are longer titles, 16 or 24 is an underassumption.  Point is you get a lot more gaming and experience for your dollar buying any non-ezpz than you do by just buying the cheap shit.  Same as almost anything in life really, you get what you pay for - including the rare occurrence you screwed by buying a game that sucks or isn't fun.

• Like 1

I think someone already said JanduSoft and Sometimes You. There's also Xitilon, Ternox, Green Lava, Auto Slavic (Space Kabaam), Super Power up Pinball, Gumbo Machine, Playstige, Gamuzumi, Otterrific, Arcade Archives.

Basically we're at the point where it's probably easier to list all the publishers that don't solely release joke trophy spam games.

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

There's no reason that the break games can't have respectably challenging trophy lists. I'd buy them a if they did. I stopped buying Ratalaikas as I dont want to dilute my list any more. I wish I didn't do as many as I have tbh. Those jumping taco, "the pig d/the pigeon p", breakthrough gaming, etc B.S. games should be boycotted. Stop supporting the free trophy game industry. They wouldn't irritate me as much if there was one released every now and then, but there's literally a new one on PSN every single or every other day. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

It could be said that trophy hunting is an addiction and these EZPZ’s, autopopping, buying platinums are an easy fix. 

In snowflake world you’re not allowed to go and pass judgement on people who cant resist a brownie or a drink. It’s just not done. Us EZPZ poppers shouldn’t be met with constant ridicule and have to justify our actions on the daily either. It’s an illness ?

You should see a doctor then. At least you are recognizing the issue, good on you. ?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

It could be said that trophy hunting is an addiction and these EZPZ’s, autopopping, buying platinums are an easy fix. 

In snowflake world you’re not allowed to go and pass judgement on people who cant resist a brownie or a drink. It’s just not done. Us EZPZ poppers shouldn’t be met with constant ridicule and have to justify our actions on the daily either. It’s an illness ?

No one is asking you to justify yourself - but it doesn't mean that it isn't immune to criticism. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, djb5f said:

Tellatale (albeit longer games) could technically fit.  

Since the list seems to be getting quite full I might opt to exclude Telltale just based on their length compared to the others.

6 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I liked the original title of this thread better

I didn't notice it changed xD

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

I really like the Break games - https://psnprofiles.com/series/775-break

Ah, thanks for the series link.

3 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

I think someone already said JanduSoft and Sometimes You. There's also Xitilon, Ternox, Green Lava, Auto Slavic (Space Kabaam), Super Power up Pinball, Gumbo Machine, Playstige, Gamuzumi, Otterrific, Arcade Archives.

Basically we're at the point where it's probably easier to list all the publishers that don't solely release joke trophy spam games.

Thanks, that's quite a few. I'm quickly learning there's a lot more than I first thought! I knew there were plenty but there's huge chunks I wasn't even aware of.

21 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I also disagree with Arcade Archives, those games don't have platinum trophies, don't purposely repeat the same list a billion times over, and the selling point is the actual game and not the trophy list.

I disagree with Telltale-style games too, because even though they are quite easy, they are still actual games with stories that usually take several hours of effort to platinum... Not to mention those games actually have silver and bronze trophies, and most of the trophies are bronze like a normal trophy list! Gasp!

Yep, Telltale should not be on there either.

Let's also not forget that most of the Arcade Archives, when they were released, they were the Elden Ring / Breath Of The Wild of their time.

Sure, quite a lot of the Arcade Archives are arse, perhaps even back then, but almost all of them were created on very limited hardware and were designed to be the next big smash. They certainly weren't knocked up in a day using MSPaint or Encarta 95 gif clipart and therefore should be treated with more respect.

It would be like playing a "Playstation Archives" game in 2052 and then buying God Of War Raganarok and having trophies for killing 5, 10 or 15 enemies and tossing the game away.

"Omg this game is so EZPZ, I'd rather be playing my actual in the Matrix kung fu game" (or whatever is the current state of next gen 30 years from now)

Time hasn't been kind to most of these games, but at least it's taken decades for them to age, unlike the current batch of games which are rotten before they even come out the door. We shouldn't really even be calling them EZPZ, I mean they're barely even games

"trophy transaction apps"

disguised as games seems more appropriate.

"hack and scam" games.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Putting Arcade Archives in that list is quite insulting, sure most are easy, but some of the games on Arcade Archives are pretty hard, and most importantly all the games were made in an era before trophies existed so as a re-release the trophies are just kinda on, without any real effort being put into them.

Also in the context of EZPZ, cost is also a factor. Super easy, low effort and low cost.

Arcade Archives are more like Expensy Pensy because you'll need to buy about 10 or so, just to get enough points for a platinum.

Arcade Archives are definitely EZPZ. Look at the first 10 results from the search, most only take 5-10 minutes, the longest being 15 minutes.

If cost is a qualifier, then you need to remove smobile's break and run games. Those are expensive. Even more so when you factor in they're not crossbuy. Edit: also you need to exclude Ratalaika and Sometimes You and any of these others that physical Vita releases. Autoskip VNs too, especially those that need to be imported, even though they're literally no effort.

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/6019-arcade-archives-galaxy-fight-universal-warriors

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/6107-arcade-archives-last-resort

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/6324-arcade-archives-king-of-the-monsters

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/6441-arcade-archives-aero-fighters-2

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/6791-arcade-archives-real-bout-fatal-fury

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/6896-arcade-archives-the-king-of-fighters-97

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/7220-arcade-archives-blazing-star

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/7247-arcade-archives-the-last-blade-2

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/7322-arcade-archives-real-bout-fatal-fury-2

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/7439-arcade-archives-sengoku-3

39 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I also disagree with Arcade Archives, those games don't have platinum trophies, don't purposely repeat the same list a billion times over, and the selling point is the actual game and not the trophy list.

Arcade Archives lists are the same thing over and over. "Post a high score".

Edited by Milktastrophe

Well, you're wrong. Did you even read what people wrote?

Most Ratalaika games are not EZPZ games either. Don't mistake games with super easy trophy requirements, for games that are too easy.

Otherwise you're going to have to put autopop PS5 games as EZPZ games as well.

There should probably be an "EZPZ lite" catageory.

Games that are not EZPZ but because of save states, very easy trophy requirements or something that means they can be played as if they are EZPZ games.

We definitely need some of distinction that separates the good games from the absolute shite "games".

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Well, you're wrong. Did you even read what people wrote?

Most Ratalaika games are not EZPZ games either. Don't mistake games with super easy trophy requirements, for games that are too easy.

Otherwise you're going to have to put autopop PS5 games as EZPZ games as well.

This thread isn't about easy games. It's about easy trophy lists. Doesn't matter how hard a Ratalaika game is, if you get the plat in 5 minutes from pressing left once, dying once, jumping once, it's an EZPZ. Some of their lists aren't EZPZ, which exposes the fallacy of generalizing judgment on all their games, but most of them are EZPZ.

• Like 1

But the title of this topic is

Trying to learn all the EZPZ categories.

and not a topic about easy trophy lists. Like BlindMango says, Telltale games are easy but not EZPZ, as are for example point and click adventure games since you can just use a guide on every single one of them. Is that a category though? By your logic, at this rate you're going to have to include half of all games ever released because most games are easy.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2