Closed Servers and Unobtainable Platinums

dontwaketheKIDS

# of Games in Your Collection that You Will Never Plat Due to Closed Servers  

186 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Unplattable Games Do You Have?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16+

After double-checking my trophy list, i'm surprised that I only have 2 games which have unobtainable platinums:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origins

Resistance 2

I do have a couple of other games, but thankfully I managed to get the online trophies done before their servers closed:

MK vs. DC Universe

Need For Speed: The Run

my list of unobtainable plats : 

FIFA 09

FIFA 10

FIFA 11

FIFA 14

PES 2010

WWE 13 

Bulletstorm. 

old football games  :spank: :facepalm:

14 hours ago, I Am Error said:

Get ready for a long list :P

FIFA 09

FIFA 11

FIFA 15

MADDEN NFL 10

NBA 2K10

NBA 2K11

NBA 2K12

NBA 2K13

PES 2010

Quantum of Solace

Heroes Over Europe

Pure Football 

WWE 13

WWE 2K15

Fight Night Champion 

Grand Slam Tennis 2

MLB 09 The Show

MLB 10 The Show

MLB 11 The Show

MLB 2K9

MLB 2K10

MLB 2K11

Ridge Racer Unbounded 

NCAA Basketball 10

James Bond 007 Bloodstone

Buzz Quiz World 

Buzz Brain of

Buzz The Ultimate Music Quiz

NHL 11

NHL 2K10

Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe 

Dirt 2

WRC 2

WRC FIA World Rally Championship 

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

2010 FIFA World Cup

Long enough for ya :P 

Grand slam tennis 2 is unobtainable ? :jaymon: shame i wanted to add it to my tennis plats collection ..

Edited by ahmedelebiary

29 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

my list of unobtainable plats : 

FIFA 09

FIFA 10

FIFA 11

FIFA 14

PES 2010

WWE 13 

Bulletstorm. 

old football games  :spank: :facepalm:

Grand slam tennis 2 is unobtainable ? :jaymon: shame i wanted to add it to my tennis plats collection ..

Yep it is because of this trophy https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1256-grand-slam-tennis-2/41-sharer

people have tried getting ea to fix it with 0 luck 

13 hours ago, locutus442 said:

Batman Arkham Origins

This one is actually still achievable. Don't know if it's like the Call of Jaurez: Bound in Blood scenario, or they just didn't shut them down for some odd reason. But people are still boosting and getting these trophies. 

Gran Turismo 5 is all, I think. Do have a few more I haven't started that are unobtainable, though. Mortal Kombat on the Vita, Resistance 2, and Little Big Planet Karting. Could be others I'm not aware of.

15 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

This one is actually still achievable. Don't know if it's like the Call of Jaurez: Bound in Blood scenario, or they just didn't shut them down for some odd reason. But people are still boosting and getting these trophies. 

Gran Turismo 5 is all, I think. Do have a few more I haven't started that are unobtainable, though. Mortal Kombat on the Vita, Resistance 2, and Little Big Planet Karting. Could be others I'm not aware of.

LittleBigPlanetKarting is still achievable 

Just now, I Am Error said:

LittleBigPlanetKarting is still achievable 

Really? What is with these announced server closures that never actually happen? Lol. Probably will always be unachievable for me, though, 'cause they refuse to fix the digital version for NA, and I refuse to give them more money to earn trophies. Basically, the same reason Portal 2 will never be completed..

On 7/8/2014 at 8:21 PM, Quikdrawjoe said:

0 technically as Time Crisis Razing Storm servers are still up even if they're not active and Fairytale Fights can be completed offline with a 2nd controller.

Fairytale Fights need a patch for get platinum.

I've got the original Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Lord of the Rings Conquest that I'll never be able to plat but I'll probably putter through all the offline eventually.  Picked up Quantum of Solace for A-Z, then they shut the servers down there too.  I'll still likely do the SP at some point as I heard good things about it.

So far I only got three but I know it will be more in future as I don't own any physical copy on some games anymore cause in early days I didn't really went for trophies after completing the game.  ?

1) The Lord of the Rings: Conquest - Online is already shutdown when I started.

2) Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 - Thought all online trophies can't be boost especially winning % ratio in few match.

3) Overlord II - Online is already shutdown when I started.

1. FIFA 14 (PS3)
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. PlayStation Home

The ones above are the ones I haven't platted or 100%'d. Man, I wish FIFA 14 was still obtainable, since I only have one damn trophy left -_-.

4 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

singstar is too I think?

Actually SingStar is still obtainable, and always has been. It's just rare.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 3:18 AM, Arin1979 said:

Fairytale Fights need a patch for get platinum.

You mean it needed a patch or it needs a patch now?  It shouldn't need a patch because the servers went down when Gamespy? servers closed but everything can be done offline if you have a 2nd controller.  It was patched long ago to fix the A+ trophy but that was way before the servers went down and made the trophy go from close to impossible to just annoying.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Quikdrawjoe said:

You mean it needed a patch or it needs a patch now?  It shouldn't need a patch because the servers went down when Gamespy? servers closed but everything can be done offline if you have a 2nd controller.  It was patched long ago to fix the A+ trophy but that was way before the servers went down and made the trophy go from close to impossible to just annoying.  

Treasure Hunter trophy_bronze.png
Open all treasure chests.

If you haven't downloaded the game's patch yet, do so if you want this trophy. Without it, the trophy will not unlock even if you've gotten every treasure chest.

Edited by Arin1979

On 4/30/2017 at 1:57 AM, DamagingRob said:

Really? What is with these announced server closures that never actually happen? Lol. Probably will always be unachievable for me, though, 'cause they refuse to fix the digital version for NA, and I refuse to give them more money to earn trophies. Basically, the same reason Portal 2 will never be completed..

Do what I did for LBPK...go to Gamestop buy a used copy, boost the online portion and return the game for your money back.