Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster on PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI

As the days get closer the chance of a proper retail release has all but diminished. Its something I'd been quite keen to get my hands on. Maybe, just maybe they do actually decide to release it later in the year.

Still 2 half months til 16 is out. 

If no proper physical release comes in the future, I might just print out my own FFPR cover and stick it in an empty case or browse around places like Etsy to see if anyone's made any of their own.

In any case I hope at least FF1-3 gets slim discounts shortly after launch, I fly away for the whole month of May and it'd be pretty neat to have some simple JRPGs to remote play during that time.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:49 AM, PostGameBlues said:

That would honestly be fantastic, because that would mean every mainline FF game now has a platinum, except FF11 but that's never gonna be possible. Unless they somehow completely overhaul the game's combat and mechanics to be a single player RPG and remaster it or something.

The game sort of already does have an overhaul to make it single-player with Ciphers. I played a bit of XI about a year ago (for 30 days) and I was able to finish the base game, get to right before the very end of two expansions, and get halfway through a third entirely on my own (you don't have to play them in order like XIV, I just ran out of playtime and didn't want to re-sub. I still had levelling up to do!)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Yeah, kinda weird there's no listing on the store yet, only a week out. Seen it with a few smaller games before where it doesn't go up until the day of, but I figured this would be ready to preorder ahead of time. Not a big deal though.

They were really slow with Valkyrie Profile, too. 

EDIT: I thought you were talking about trophies, though they were also slow in allowing sales of VP.

Edited by starcrunch061

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

So is there an actual collection or are they just selling them individually?

On the Canadian store, each one says that they’re available as part of a bundle and to be careful not to buy duplicates.

But I haven’t been able to find any bundle so far for the life of me.

7 minutes ago, SmileSlice said:

On the Canadian store, each one says that they’re available as part of a bundle and to be careful not to buy duplicates.

But I haven’t been able to find any bundle so far for the life of me.

On the US store, I just see the individual titles with no bundle option. It's also a bit odd you can't preorder them, they only have a wishlist option.

3 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

They said that you can get the digital versions bundled or separately. 

Guessing, the bundle doesn't exist til the release date.

5 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Been wondering the same thing. You can definitely find each individual game on the store, even though 1) they take a small amount of searching to find and 2) they're only wishlist-able right now.

Guess yeah, we'll see if a full bundle is available on the 19th.

So for anyone buying digital only. Is anyone just going to buy Final Fantasy 1 only?

I kinda feel like by the time I got around to finish any of them, Final Fantasy 2, or the rest will be on sale, and then I can snag them then! lol

Seriously though, 6 Final Fantasy games, all of them are about 30 hours each? That's sooo much time...

I just got off the best part of 50 hours on Legend Of Dragoon, no idea if I can commit to six games in a row, but I do want to do that so all the trophy lists are in order when finished. (OCD incoming)

• Like 3

I got all the achievements in the Steam versions last year and it was a heck of a ride. Looking forward to doing it all over again. 

If anyone wants a guide which covers everything check out Lylat's guides on Steam. They can make the road to the Platinum much more manageable as FF I-VI have so many missables

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

As far as I know, the bundle will be $75 whereas the individual games will each be different. If it's anything like on Steam, the later games will be around $15 while the earlier ones will be about $10.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alayaes said:

As far as I know, the bundle will be $75 whereas the individual games will each be different. If it's anything like on Steam, the later games will be around $15 while the earlier ones will be about $10.

I looked on the Switch shop. Note I'm in the US. The bundle is $74.99, Final Fantasy I-III are $11.99 each and IV-VI are $17.99 each. My understanding is the bundle will also be on PSN, but hasn't been put up yet.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2