Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster on PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI

1 minute ago, zachpicc said:

I'm guessing the plats are going to be pretty straight forward with the accessability/quality of life options they'ved added? (If you want to use them)

Do we have confirmation that these "cheats" will not disable trophies?

29 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Every mainline FF game is now platable besides 11

Id love for some sort of offline 11 and 14 because I’m never going to play an MMO

Honestly, you can do like 99.9% of the trophies on FFXIV without interacting with anyone (PS4 version, I'd suggest so you don't have to do DLC). There's only 1 part that you can't do with AI companions and it's the very last dungeon. It'll still take a long time to get the plat, but it's a good game imo. 

40 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Id love for some sort of offline 11 and 14 because I’m never going to play an MMO

XIII trilogy is also not on PS4 at the moment. I think that has to be next, along with the long rumoured IX remake.

10 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Honestly, you can do like 99.9% of the trophies on FFXIV without interacting with anyone (PS4 version, I'd suggest so you don't have to do DLC). There's only 1 part that you can't do with AI companions and it's the very last dungeon. It'll still take a long time to get the plat, but it's a good game imo. 

Yeah but I don’t have the time to commit to 14 either

With my limited gaming time it would take me forever to finish it

4 hours ago, Caldor2K2 said:

I don't think pink tail farming is that bad in this version. Still sucks for sure, but you can steal or even buy (or so I read) an item that give you a guaranteed fight with the Flan Princess, formerly Pink Puff provided you're in the right room. That way no wondering around for an hour at times for one fight with them.

That's good to hear. I haven't played any other version but the SNES one and I think the Pink Puff was like a 1/64 chance to spawn in that room (which wasn't the easiest room to get to either) and the drop rate was also like a 1/64 chance or something ridiculous. So long as it's not that...it's an improvement.

2 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

There's no double speed option, there's just a walk/run toggle although that was in the original I believe? At least holding a button to run was.

There is a battle speed setting, which obviously I stuck on 'Very Fast' and you can leave it on auto battle if you want although that's no fun.

Good to know. I assumed it'd be like FFIX which I thought I remembered sped you up on the over world at up to four times speed, but it's been a while since I played so I could be misremembering it.

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

It's quite interesting. For people who started before VII, the majority think VI is the best title. For VII and later, it's VII. 

The original FF on the NES is the game that made me fall in love with gaming so it will always have a special place in my heart. I bought an SNES to play FF2 (IV) and I'll never forget how amazing that first random encounter was. It was a HUGE upgrade from the NES version. For all the fossils out there like me, "Ineffective" causes PTSD. FF3 (VI) was the greatest game I have ever played on a first experience. It was a mind blowing experience for me at the time and while FF2 introduced the idea of an in-depth story with characters you will genuinely fall in love with or hate, FF3 took it to another level. I cannot understate how much that game meant to me as a 13 year old kid. I still have my original SNES and copy of FF3 with my original save file on there. It also has a dedicated save for the Opera house scene to replay whenever I can. Locke, Celes and Shadow are three of my favorite characters across all games and I'm really looking forward to getting back to it. I'm saving VI for last as my finale of nostalgia. I truly haven't been this excited about a game in a long time for reasons that really make no sense since I generally play that game every couple of years. There's something about adding it to my profile that makes me happy.

I played FF II for a bit and didn't love the way you gain levels in that game so never finished it and I haven't played FF III or FF V yet and am looking forward to them. I'll play them in order just because that's what I do, but since they are all independent stories of one another, truly any order will work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zachpicc said:

I'm guessing the plats are going to be pretty straight forward with the accessability/quality of life options they'ved added? (If you want to use them)

The old games are relatively easy anyway, they cut out most of the grinding required compared to the NES/SNES versions. Of course there are some parts where there will be a noticeable step up in enemy difficulty (hello, Moon in III!) but nothing you can't overcome. The 'difficulty' will be finding the chests in the games where some are missable, and probably hunting for the rarer monsters for the Bestiary.

5 hours ago, KKlasnic said:

Do we have confirmation that these "cheats" will not disable trophies?

They don't disable trophies. I earned a bunch on VI with x4 Gil and x4 XP. I've beaten the game enough times and done enough low level challenge runs to earn the right to take it easy and enjoy it this time :P

Strange that you can still join the waiting list for the PS4 disc version. The £64.99 version is the only one I'm interested in. You'd have thought if they are so keen on limiting the numbers there'd be no waiting list.

Has there only been 1 batch of orders in total, which sold out day 1?

• Like 1

Was kind of hoping they'd be available now, as it's past midnight in the US East coast, but I guess the official release will be during the day at some point. Again, assuming there will be some sort of bundle instead of buying each individually (not a big deal either way).

Edited by Veritas7Ax

11 hours ago, RSmark84 said:

Strange that you can still join the waiting list for the PS4 disc version. The £64.99 version is the only one I'm interested in. You'd have thought if they are so keen on limiting the numbers there'd be no waiting list.

Has there only been 1 batch of orders in total, which sold out day 1?

If I've understood correctly, the waiting list was available for a while after the initial batch sold out, then it said "No longer available" instead, but a few months back (february?) it changed to Waitlist again, at least in the EU store, and has been that way until yesterday evening when it changed to "No longer available". I see the UK store still has it as waiting list.

But I wonder if it's either that they sent out what copies they had and decided that there weren't any leftovers, or if it's just that they've got a limitation on the waiting list and that it filled up quickly once people who totally had missed this was even coming until yesterday was registering onto it. I still can't believe if they do this to the regular version; I'm ok with the CE being really limited (even if the midnight shadow drop was a **** move) but both Lost Sphear and Oninaki was originally advertised as S-E Store exclusives, but got retail releases here in Europe; Lost Sphear was available everywhere on release day, while Oninaki took a year or two. Considering the demand and popularity for FF is way, WAY bigger than those, it would be weird for them to not make more.

Also as far as I know it's only been that one midnight batch; I think some people managed to buy it during the day after or so, maybe through others' orders being cancelled due to credit cards declining or something - it can also be that I'm mixing it up with the waiting list availability. In Asia, the Switch will get a multi-batch release that's available through Play-Asia (and I guess other outlets) that are up to something like 5 production batches now. Sadly, Play-Asia first announced it for PS4 as well but it was a misunderstanding between them and Square-Enix so that listing got deleted. 

On 18/04/2023 at 2:31 AM, DEI2EK said:

You can play 14 completely solo. You don't need to interact with any other players at all

30 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

What is the estimated time and difficulty for each of the platinum??

(after using in-game cheat like no encounter, gil x2) 

1/10 you'll be ruining the games though

• Like 1