What is your most played game ever?

Ozetkiller

1. Diablo II Resurrected - 592 hrs

2. Monster Hunter: World - 561 hrs

3. Monster Hunter Rise - 265 hrs (currently ongoing)

4. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - 250 hrs

5. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 245 hrs

6. Final Fantasy XIV Online - 233 hrs

*based on the PS tracker. These usually go a little bit over the tracked time.

Interesting thread! Loving the lists. 

Edited by Gattusso02

Probably The Elder Scrolls Online, I think over 1500 hours in the last 2-3 years

Took me 800 hrs to get the platinum, 1200 hrs to finish all the DLC's (that were released up to that point) and I enjoy the game so much that I still play pretty regularly

Second place I believe is Rocket League with ~1200-1300 hours

Don't own a PS5 as of yet, but according to my Exophase profile, the top 5 are:

1. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (767.63h)

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (492.8h)

3. DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin (246.07h)

4. Darkest Dungeon (196.32h)

5. Bloodborne (195.01h)

However, since it doesn't count PS3 games, it misses the true #1: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, where I spent over 2000 hours in the multiplayer. Overall, I'm not sure how accurate that page is.

On PS4 it says Destiny 1&2 I'm not sure on the times because it doesn't track properly for me. On PS3 it must be Black Ops 1. Put 1000s of hours into the MP and would have multiple sessions a week spending sometimes 15+hrs playing zombies with my mate. 2nd is probably MW2 or Black Ops 2.

Would love to see my play time on PS3 games, that was when I would a lot of the time stick to 1 game for long periods. I could probably check some stats on Cod if they are still there for MP. 

Mine are surprisingly low, or at least lower than I thought they would have been.

1. Rainbow Six: 1200 hours

2. Overwatch: 500 hours

3. Minecraft: 450 hours

Honestly I expected a lot more on R6 since it feels like I've played it a LOT  ?

3 hours ago, StraightVege said:

Overall, I'm not sure how accurate that page is.

I like looking at my overall gaming stats on Exophase. It's pulling information from the platform holders, so it's only as accurate as what's being logged by each platform... and accuracy varies by platform for sure. If you're curious, I'm happy to share my personal observations from what I see being reported on that site.

• PS4 data seems to be the most accurate, but for a couple of my games it didn't track any time at all for some reason.
  • PS5 data can be off by quite a bit - I have games with some pretty big discrepancies between what's tracked by the console and what individual save files show. The PS5 will sometimes fail to log time played for weeks at a time, and no one seems to know why exactly. Some say time played offline won't be counted... some say the console needs to "warm up" to the game or some shit before it will start tracking, so it's up to the user to leave the game running for a few minutes, then close and reboot the game for accurate tracking... some say the time is actually being logged correctly and your stats will update later. My console is always online, and my inaccurate stats have never updated, so those two explanations are out the window for me. Who the hell knows what's going on.
  • PS3 data, as you mentioned, isn't tracked on Exophase and can't be pulled for whatever reason. However, the PS3 is actually keeping very detailed information on your gaming activity. If you're willing to go through a convoluted customer service process, you can request a detailed report from Sony on all of your PS3 activity, down to every single time you've ever logged on, how long each play session was for each game, every time you accessed the store, etc. (You can request your data if you really want it, @GUDGER666!)
  • Steam keeps very detailed information on play time for their users to view (down to the minute)... but only if you're online and connected to their servers while playing. If you launch a game offline, that time won't be counted.
  • Switch gives the least detailed playtime information to view on the console. For the first 5 hours of playtime it will say "Played for 3 hours or more", "Played for 4 hours or more", etc. After that you'll only get updates in 5 hour increments viewable on the console, but Exophase can pull much more detailed play times down to the minute. Like Steam, the time will only be counted if you're online and connected to the Big N's servers. If you play offline (which can happen frequently with the portability of the console), that time won't be counted.
  • I don't play on Xbox consoles, no idea what's happening over there. I have played a few PC Xbox games from Microsoft's store and for at least one game it didn't log any time at all, even though I was online.
  • I've only played a handful of GOG games, but so far the tracking has been very accurate.
Edited by ZitMeatloaf
More info
  • Like 1

Rock Band 4 I have around 2613 hours.

Rock Band 3 was probably way higher, probably around 5-6k but no way to tell on ps3.

As for other games, I think my next highest is Friday the 13th with 300 hours. But grew tired of it quite quickly once I hit 300. (Especially once they lost the rights to their game)

Don't play much for long periods outside of RB though.

I'm rocking Genshin Impact at 1078 hours, Cities: Skylines at 521 hours, and XCOM 2 at 313 hours. Realistically, Genshin is higher because I play on mobile sometimes, Cities should be lower because I left it idle for MANY days to get that one trophy, and XCOM 2 is probably double that because I've platinumed the game at least twice.

Fourth and fifth place go to Kingdom Come: Deliverance (269 hours) and The Sims 4 (263 hours), respectively. No Gallery cheese for me!

Without checking off the top of my head and just based on hours alone:

Warframe - I think I have over 1k hours between PS4 and PS5 (one of only 2 online games i play)

Dragon's Dogma/Dark Arisen - Last time I checked PS3 was over 500hrs PS4 I think was over 100hrs

Genshin Impact - might be third I think I have just over 300hrs on it (the only other online game I play)

Update:

Warframe PS5 - 300hr

Genshin Impact PS5 - 325hr

Warframe PS4 - 2228hrs

Genshin Impact PS4 - Not sure how to check this one it does not show on the dashboard like PS5

Dragon's Dogma PS4 - 122hr

Dragon's Dogma PS3 - 449hr

Edited by Void

From my PS5

1º: SAO Re: Hollow Fragment - 245.32 hours

2º: Persona 5 - 211.83 hours

3º: Crash Bandicoot 4 - 178.06 hours

Though my most played games are on Steam

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 1

According to the PS5:

1. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (PS4) - 601 Hours

2. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 415 Hours

2. Borderlands 3/Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - 365 Hours each

But I don't trust it. So much of that time is idle time. My save file for Valhalla is about half of that. I'm pretty sure if you combine Borderlands 2's time played on PS4 AND PS3, it's at the top...somewhere between 500-600 hours. 

I don't know how people play things for 1000+ hours. No game stays that interesting that long for me. 

• Like 1

1. Caravan Stories (AS)  - 1131 hours

2. GT7 (PS4 | EU) - 381 hours

3. GRID (2019) - 245 hours

4. Neko Atsume VR - 178 hours

5. Caravan Stories (INT) - 173 hours

Those are the ones that should be somewhat accurate. But there are two more games that are way off - the Panzer Dragoon Remake with 190 hours and Dirt 5 with 133 hours.

I only let the former run for about 100 hours for the final trophy, then played one more stage and then never touched it again after I got the platinum. So the actual play time should be somewhere between 100 and 101 hours. And the difference is even bigger in Dirt 5's case: I only played the game for 3 consecutive days and fully completed it in around 25 hours (and then also never touched it again), so I have no idea how the wacky PSN time tracking was able to add more than 100 additional hours to the actual play time.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 6/13/2023 at 11:25 PM, DesmaBR said:

From my PS5

1º: SAO Re: Hollow Fragment - 245.32 hours

2º: Persona 5 - 211.83 hours

3º: Crash Bandicoot 4 - 178.06 hours

Though my most played games are on Steam

How the hell do you rack up 178 hours on Crash Bandicoot?

On Playstation:

Deep Rock Galactic - 444h

Before I had a Playstation I went heavy on the Xbox360. I don't know the hours exactly but:

Gears of War - 1000h+

14 hours ago, Viper said:

According to the PS5:

1. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (PS4) - 601 Hours

2. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 415 Hours

2. Borderlands 3/Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - 365 Hours each

But I don't trust it. So much of that time is idle time. My save file for Valhalla is about half of that. I'm pretty sure if you combine Borderlands 2's time played on PS4 AND PS3, it's at the top...somewhere between 500-600 hours. 

I don't know how people play things for 1000+ hours. No game stays that interesting that long for me. 

I have not played those AC games yet but do those games really have content for 300+ hours? That is amazing.

14 minutes ago, PillowGamer said:

I have not played those AC games yet but do those games really have content for 300+ hours? That is amazing.

For Valhalla it took me 201 hours to Plat the main game, then I have 100+ ADDED UP from playing the DLC. Most people don't seem to take that long to Plat Valhalla...but yeah close to the 300 hours range if you played ALL of it, is about right...and I got tired of it and never even finished all the DLC. Plus you have the Mastery Challenges which are the biggest pain in the ass, so those can rack up time depending on how long they take to finish them. 

Odyssey, I'm pretty sure was under the 300 hour mark as it didn't have nearly as much content, nor did it take me as long to Plat it...but it's DLC are significant as well. They kept getting bigger...Origins was a hefty game in it's own right, but Odyssey packed on a bigger main game and more DLC, then Valhalla went EVEN bigger and went overboard on DLC. 

Edited by Viper

1 minute ago, Viper said:

For Valhalla it took me 201 hours to Plat the main game, then I have 100+ ADDED UP from playing the DLC. Most people don't seem to take that long to Plat Valhalla...but yeah close to the 300 hours range if you played ALL of it, is about right...and I got tired of it and never even finished all the DLC. Plus you have the Mastery Challenges which are the biggest pain in the ass, so those can rack up time depending on how long they take to finish them. 

Odyssey, I'm pretty sure was under the 300 hour mark as it didn't have nearly as much content, nor did it take me as long to Plat it...but it's DLC are significant as well. They kept getting bigger...Origins was a hefty game in it's own right, but Odyssey packed on a bigger main game and more DLC, then Vahalla went EVEN bigger and went overboard on DLC. 

That is just an insane amount of hours. I have a long-term goal for now to plat the whole series but I just finished the second game and AC Unity so far. :)