Ps Plus  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Rate August 2023's lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• PGA Tour 2K23
    • Dreams
    • Death’s Door

This month is kinda mid for me, but Death’s Door looks pretty fun so at least it’s not a total write off. ?‍♂️ 

Also worth mentioning — for anyone interested in Dreams, apparently live-service and all support for the game will cease in a couple months. I figured this would affect the platinum, but according to this post on their official website, the developers have actually taken trophy hunters into consideration and will be modifying some of the trophies so the platinum remains attainable into the future.

Details can be found on that page under the “Quests and Trophies” section.

• Like 1

Death's Door is a lot of fun.

And there's a lot of creative folks who made stuff for Dreams. I bought it on Day 1 and admittedly, haven't played in quite a while but if I had time to kill, I'd drop in and find some short little horror games or platforming adventures. It was nice.

Solid line-up for me. It's rare you get every game be a hit and that's still true here as I have absolutely zero interest in Golf xD (always bums me a little when a sports game is on the line-up because I know for sure it's not for me). But... Deaths Door is actually a game straight from my wishlist and Dreams is one I've almost bought on sale a couple times. That's 2 solid ones to add to my collection at no extra cost. Overall a good month for me, but I beg, please no more sports ;)

7 hours ago, StraightVege said:

since I'm talentless in that regard, I think I'll pass.

You don't need to be creative or talented, you can just sit and experience everyone elses. Kinda like how I used to suck at making levels in LBP but could spend countless hours jumping into the plethora of quality content people way more talanted than me have made with those tools (and stumble on the ocassional mess made by a 5 year old xD). UGC oriented games can be a mixed bag but Dreams seems like it's got something for everyone and some folk have done some wild things in that game from videos I've watched over the years.

7 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Yes, the month is shitty...but I highly recommend Death Door! 

How on earth does that even work as a sentence? This month is shitty but highly recommend one of the games in this month?

You can't tell me with a straight face that you can recommend and highlight one or more of a months line-up and still proclaim it's an outright bad line-up. To say you find it's 'okay' or 'mediocre'? Sure. But bad? No. Otherwise you'd have nothing nice to say about the games.

• Like 2

Can always count on "I don't like sports games so they should never include them" comments when there's a sports game on essential 

I'll probably play Dreams and PGA at some point, Dreams could have done with being free a lot sooner rather than right before they're stopping support for it

Death's Door was on Gamepass. We played it and just like all indie zelda-wannabes it has a stupidly difficult ending where no matter how much you've done you will always lose to the final boss the first time because nintendohard is the only difficulty indie developers understand.  It's maybe worth playing. 

Golf is not good as a video game.

Dreams is possibly the best in the bunch but with it being out for so long and shutdown of the service in some way it's a dead-end.

A rightly awful month from my perspective. But you only need that one good game to make it worthwhile. I never would have bought Dreams, and having Gamepass means I wouldn't double dip unless the game was that good, like Control.

It sure does feel like every month is old Sports game, indie crap, failed live service. 

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Sure, we have a shiny new console, let’s give away an old gen game with it!

The shiny new console has transformative effects on some of the older titles that struggled to maintain a stable framerate and suffered from long loading times.