Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

21 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Since MW 2 and 3 are sold separately, it’s a mistake, but no big deal really.

I don’t think it is though, they renamed the game tile for MW2 on PS5 to just “Call of Duty” recently, gave it MW3 artwork, and the MW3 beta even shares a launcher and store listing even shares its listing with MW2

I think they’re trying to integrate multiple games into one launcher and the only way to make trophies work on PS5 is either no trophies or DLC list :facepalm:

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

How is the rarity of MWIII (DLC) trophies calculated if it gets more owners than MWII?

When you buy MWIII, you'll automatically be classified as a MWII owner too since both games belong under the same list. Same thing happened when you both the TLOU expansion standalone 

Edited by Elusion_428
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

This has to be a mistake. Can't imagine the hate backlash coming soon if not resolved. 

Problem here is not the missing Platinum but paying full price for a game only to appear as DLC. 

It's not. MW2 is just being used as a Hub now. It's the same thing Ubisoft is going to do with Assassins Creed. I doubt most people will care at all. The only group that really is going to hate this is trophy hunters. And if every single one of us were to make an issue out of it, we still would not be a percent or a percent of players. Activision won't care

6 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

so will future cods just be listed as "dlc" now? might as well just rename the main title to Call Of Duty lol.

They did. MW2 is just CoD now. And its looking like that may be the case. Which would really really fucking suck. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

It's not. MW2 is just being used as a Hub now. It's the same thing Ubisoft is going to do with Assassins Creed. I doubt most people will care at all. The only group that really is going to hate this is trophy hunters. And if every single one of us were to make an issue out of it, we still would not be a percent or a percent of players. Activision won't care

They did. MW2 is just CoD now. And its looking like that may be the case. Which would really really fucking suck. 

i meant on the main trophy list instead of just being stuck as Modern Warfare 2 for infinite.

26 minutes ago, Elusion_428 said:

When you buy MWIII, you'll automatically be classified as a MWII owner too since both games belong under the same list. Same thing happened when you both the TLOU expansion standalone 

So for someone like myself, who does not own MWII (but was thinking of picking it up, since I was expecting a price drop with MWIII coming out), are you saying if I buy lets say the PS4 disc for MWIII, I would get access to both PS4 and PS5 MWII along with PS4/5 MWIII?

5 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

So for someone like myself, who does not own MWII (but was thinking of picking it up, since I was expecting a price drop with MWIII coming out), are you saying if I buy lets say the PS4 disc for MWIII, I would get access to both PS4 and PS5 MWII along with PS4/5 MWIII?

He is just talking of how the rarity is calculated on PSNP, the MW2 trophy list will appear in your account and you will be counted as a MW2 owner for rarity purposes

Edited by DeepEyes7

17 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

Just Dance also is doing this hub thing, as 2023 was the last JD list and 2024 didn't even add trophies to it. 

• Like 2