What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

In top spin 4, i was almost at the point in which you get the trophy "the greatest"

This means you have won and done everything there is in the game.

Then i had to make a new character for the mp and i have accidently overwritten my main character, without a backup.

So i had to start all over again with my career in this game.

my biggest trouble was corrupt data i had the first model of the ps3 and it got busted couldn't get it to turn it on all those saves down the drain and on my second ps3 i passed a few games and i was planning on going back to ace them but it got corrupted then i fixed it but got screwed up it went corrupt data for two more times almost gave up on playing and went cold turkey on collecting trophies

Resident Evil 5 - Played through Veteran story mode, was on final fight with Wesker. Brain went derp and decided to start new game and save over that game, yet to finish it again and get Veteran tophy -_-

Resident Evil 2 (Ps1) - Save loads right before final boss fight, but have no herbs, no bullets, some grenade rounds and that's about it for that game save.

Edited by MissOsaka

When I was around 10 our family traveled to Nashville so I could do a ballet competition (God, I hated dancing).

Anyways, I brought along my Gameboy Color and ALL of my Gameboy games. Link's Awakening. Mario. Wario Land. Pokemon (Yellow and Red).... the list goes on. I put my gaming case in a drawer in the hotel for safe keeping.

But then I forgot it. I did manage to bring along my Gameboy color with Pokemon Red inside of it but when I went to switch games.... yeah.

We called the hotel when I realized it about an hour later but the hotel stated that they did not find them. Or maybe my parents didn't want to add another 2 hours to our trip home? Holy crap, this is the first time I even contemplated that very possible scenario.

Regardless there were many, many casualties that day.

• Like 2

Too many to name but...

-Trading away my backwards compatible PS3 (MGS 4 bundle I think)

-Beating Killzone 2 on Elite but not being connected to the internet when I did and accidentally erasing my hard drive before updating my trophies.

-not getting certain games on PSN before they were delisted (X-Men, TMNT: ReShelled, etc.)

1. Bought Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games on 3DS. I saw the trailer for Wii version and thought it is probably the same on 3DS. However, it turns out 3DS version is just whole bunch boring mini games. Probably my biggest mistake.

2. Bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS during Gamestop sale. I heard a lot of good thing about this game, so I decide to give it a try. Unfortunately I don't really like this type of game and last time I touched it was last January.

3. Bought Limbo on Xbox 360. I have high expectation on this game, but it turns out just a boring stupid game. My money is wasted.

4. Got Dishonored on PC from Gamestop. Few months later GOTY edition came out and the price is the same. I learn my lesson always wait complete edition when buying Bethesda's game.

• 1 month later...

In Resident Evil Remake, I was going for the no-save trophy. I had gotten the laboratories up to the part where you have to take the unstable explosive fuel to the power room. The game tells me I'm not supposed to run or I go boom... all fine and dandy until I shoot a zombie. WHY WASN'T I TOLD SHOOTING WOULD MAKE ME ASPLODE??!!

I was so mad I restarted the game immediately and got the damn trophy after another 2 and a half hours. It was a long night...

• Like 2

first: putting the game off while saving in dragon quest monsters joker,which resulted in losing all save data! and i already played more then 100 hours!

the only bright side is that in the meantime i have played the game much more then i have done and got everything i had again and much more.

second (i think) : don't steal from gilgamesh in final fantasy XII, which resulted in never be able anymore to get the genji items in my most favorite game ever.

Mistake 1: Lived in a house with 3 other people who didn't own their own consoles, so they just rented games and used my ps3 which was set up in the loungeroom at the time. I didn't really care about trophies at the time at all, didn't even pay attention to them, and turns out everyone just used my profile/account. Didn't pick up on it till I found this site years later and now I have a fair few games with 1 or 2 trophies on my list that I don't own, nor would I ever want to play.

Mistake 2: Was luckily living rent-free for a while, leading to copious amounts of disposable income. Went to EB Games every week and would pre-order everything that sounded cool, and would buy loads of preowned games. Due to the constant influx of games, I rarely played the same game for more than a couple of days, sometimes even hours, if I ever even touched them at all. And hence, the world's worst backlog was born. Don't even get me started on my Steam library either...

This is more like a fail than mistake. So, I had to get this trophy "Time to kill" in GTA: SA, which only required me to let the credits roll down without skipping it. I did the contrary, skipped it and lost the trophy. Losing it was such a buzzkiller, and thinking that I would have to do the whole storyline for 20th time in my life really had me down.

• 3 weeks later...

My biggest "mistake" (more of a regret actually) is being addicted to online games for a while, could've been playing alot of console games at the time, but oh well I still had some fun I guess.

Then there's mistakes I still consistently make in games and I can't seem to help it:

-Being underleveled just enough so that when fighting a boss I usually can't tell that I am until many deaths afterward.

-Tilting