PSNProfiles 100th Platinum Archive

Razza

Hey Guys, 

I just wanted to post my personal 100:

Dragon Quest Heroes 2, 

a Game I might never have played if a fellow Trophy Hunter and Friend of mine wouldnt have told me about. I usually am not the greatest Fan of J-RPGs because of the excessive grinding that sometimes is required to even clear the game (and not the the extra work we put into to get that shiny Platinum ?). Also I never watched Dragon Ball as Child so I'm not a huge Fan of the Art Design of Dragon Quest, so you might wonder why I made it into an Milestone by now. What really amazed me about this Game is the Open World Design with hundreds of enemies and Allies that give you the feeling as if you really are on a Battlefield, what I rarely see these Days (if ever). It might only be possible because of the minimalistic Art Design but it feels amazing. Also the Story was pretty amazing, after the first couple hours it felt like a Toddlers Game but it really picked up quick and completely unexpected twists. And last but not least my friend and I Promised to get to 100 together so I wanted to make this an always visible reminder of that promise and the journey we took so far. 

Edited by Frescher1

100th Platinum - Utawarerumono Mask of Truth

1La830a7.png

Legendsung

Difficulty 3/10

Enjoyment 9/10

Really sad that with this game the Utawarerumono trilogy has come to an end. I played the fan-translated ver. of the first game on PC ages ago and really enjoyed it. So during my holidays after finishing all my miscellaneous tasks, I finally started playing the sequels Mask of Deception and Truth. The slice of life developments in Deception allowed me to get properly attached to some of the characters, so when shit hit the fan and the story rapidly accelerated near the end, was quite sad regarding the huge cliffhanger at the end. Mask of Truth is much longer, has more story and way more battles. The game kept me completely hooked with the civil war and all its tactical games played between the two commanders, but when you think it's finally over after bringing the war to a close and reinstating the rightful liege, more unexpected truths get revealed! The final stage is not the final battle, as there is an epicly long final battle right afterwards that properly concludes the Utawarerumono saga.

The Dream Arena is much easier than the previous game due to better mechanics, but also much longer plus you have to replay stages multiple times because of those atrocious drop rates! Lucky for me I got most drops in two to four tries, especially Ultimate Showdown with Benawi and Mikazuchi and the final battle against four Akurukutas only took three attempts! Conversely, the drunken Shis battle and the Tatari escaping one took me 6 tries dammit, considering a 60% drop rate. Can't believe I got the fastest times for both Mask games in EU Vita, since I like to take my time to completely explore what a game has to offer to me. Not that many platinum achievers either. Guess the EU ver. (54 Vita + 464 PS4 owners) isn't getting a lot of love unlike NA (906) and JP (3881).

Given how much I enjoyed the game, I wanted to give a rating of 11/10 but the bittersweet open ending brought it down to 9/10. The interesting plot twists and events of the game kept me wanting for more, so a disappointing ending like that completely killed my momentum at the end. Played through the entire Dream Arena hoping for more but nothing more than entering the developers room and listening to their commentary. Seriously they could have done a much better job. Like searching through reddit I came upon this OST image which shows Kuon reuniting with Haku in the ruins that they first met. Now why couldn't they have included that CG in the actual game itself?

Spoiler

Though I liked how the original protagonist who was sealed at the ending of the first game is freed at the end by Haku. They resolved that plot point at least but now Haku's taken his place and he can only meet Kuon through dreams. Would have been nice if they made some afterstories of Haku and his various harem members together like in the Arifureta novel (Story is complete around 180 chapters, but more than 340 chapters now about their lives after returning to Earth. An isekai story like Mushoku that is finally done right. Being summoned to another world, betrayed, turning into a complete edgelord, suddenly fluffy-sugar-diabetes harem, then saving the world and returning back to Earth as a demon king with OP wives).

p8lRvU8.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
40-platinum.png#100 - Resident Evil 240-platinum.png

1L51af80.png (240Ã240)

It took everything in me to hold my 100 platinum slot for this game specifically. 
I don't think I've anticipated a game as much as this REmake, it's the very pinnacle on what makes Resident Evil what it is and why I fell in love with the series as a whole. Although 7 was a solid entry, the remake blows it out of water by a long shot. All the elements you would come to love from the franchise are present in this classic ; from the tense atmosphere, to the puzzles, to the enemies ...it truly is a must play for not only longtime fans but newcomers as well.
  • Like 3

Platinum #100!!

1Ldb047f.png

Dragon Age XI

:platinum: Living Legend

(It took a lot not to abandon this in the middle in favor of KH3)

After 7 long years finally I have my 100th Platinum.

The only time I actually took the name of the Platinum into consideration as well.

I would say that I'm very proud with the achievement but honestly I'm the only one that cares about this in my environment :)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

40-platinum.png # 100

Resident Evil 2

1L51af80.png

Raccoon City Native
Obtain all trophies.

February 2009 was the start of trophies for me, so I guess it's only fitting that exactly a decade later, I reach the 100th platinum milestone, and I couldn't think of a better game to do it with.

Add me to the club! ?

Edited by SirDave1988
  • Like 2

1L227084.png

#100 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

I'm over a year late to this thread but thought I would share my 100th platinum anyway.

My first platinum was Uncharted Drakes Fortune in 2008 so it only felt right to have this as my 100th in 2018, a decade later.

I loved this game and really enjoyed playing an Uncharted game from someone else's perspective. Also helps that I love Chloe as a character and she's been one of my favorites since 2.

I wonder what my 200th will be ?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Could've picked from:

Assassin's Creed Origins

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Horizon Zero Dawn

Mad Max

No Man's Sky

Chose to go with Donut County instead ?

1L3d9fe2.png

#100 :platinum: All Done

Edited by gtkof
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1Ldb5e8f.png

L.A. Noire

:platinum: Platinum Trophy 

While it may not be the most original milestone plat for some, to me L.A. Noire is special. I’ve always been interested in this time period & love detective mysteries. Add in the strong narrative Rockstar excels at & I had found the first game I went straight for the platinum. Originally, I had another game in mind for this milestone, but as soon as the PS4 release was announced I knew this would be it. After 5 years from earning my very first plat, I've come full circle for #100. Still hoping L.A. Noire 2 or other variation will happen (it'd certainly make for #200).

• Like 2

1Ld90369.png

Tekken 7

:platinum: I'll get everything back!

Tekken 6 was my first platinum, so Tekken 7 just had to be number 100.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just joined the 100 platinum club with one of my favorite Metroidvanias ever, Hollow Knight. Honestly the final pantheon wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I died to Absolute Radiance twice and the second time was a bad choke with just a few hits left in her final phase. After practicing a bunch and winning on ascended I took her down easily on my next attempt in the pantheon. Definitely a platinum worthy of being #100.

• Like 1