(NA) PSN Flash Sale 8/19/2016

Aranea Highwind

Nope, every entry of the series plays in a different world. Be warned though: The game has some nasty crashes that might occur while spells are used.

Yeah I heard that too, one of my favorite ps2 games and definitely want to play it but worried about the crashes. How bad are they. Like  every spell cast casues issues or are the odds closer to every 1,000 spells or so?

Do I need to play the first two Wild Arms games in order to understand, or enjoy, Wild Arms 3?

Nope, every entry of the series plays in a different world. Be warned though: The game has some nasty crashes that might occur while spells are used.

Actually, same world but different realities. They have some points in common (guardians, ARMs), but every game is stand-alone, just like Final Fantasy.

Yeah I heard that too, one of my favorite ps2 games and definitely want to play it but worried about the crashes. How bad are they. Like  every spell cast casues issues or are the odds closer to every 1,000 spells or so?

I had about five to ten crashes during the game and my overall playtime was about 60 to 70 hours, so it was rather rare. It mostly happens with some specific spells like Randomizer or the enemy-moves HP Robber.

Some info about those crashes can be found in those topics:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/wild-arms-3-a/289655-game-keeps-crashing-during-battle.html

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/37737-game-keeps-crashing-because-of-certain-spells-being-casted

Best advice is normally to save at the beginning of a dungeon and right at the points where you obtain a Gimel Coin.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

those visual novels though(Amnesia, Code;Realize and Norn) - very very very tempting. Should I get them now?

Xblaze: Lost Memories is also a VN, but I wouldn't recommend it for reading purposes unless you've read Xblaze: Code Embryo (they do a really rushed recap that doesn't make that much sense imo)

As for the other games, I can't find too much info on their price history, but it is tied for cheapest they've ever been according to what I can find. So, I don't see why you shouldn't get them.

• Like 1

This sale is great for RPG fans but not great for others. I'm not a huge RPG fan but I tend to enjoy the mainstream ones. I only bought prototype 1 for ps3( don't have a ps4) and I already owned prototype 2 so it was great to see one being on sale. I also haven't touched 2 hoping I'll get one someday and guess today was my lucky day :).

Just a little nitpick was why not make all of crysis series on sale rather than just 1 and 2 and for mass effect, only 1 and 3 are on sale. Like wth.

Just grabbing stuff that hadn't been on sale before for cheaper. Pretty sure will see most of these items for really cheap this coming holiday seasons flash sales, back friday cybr monday sales etc.

Wow, dem deals!

Aegis of Earth for 13? But I kinda want physical and for Vita :/

Saturday Morning RPG for 3 bucks is a steal, must get.

And Wild Arms 3 for 6, huh... :D

Hm... that would come to 22... I don't have 2 bucks left on the account... guess I'll buy a 10 bucks one this time.

And anyone who does not pick Resonance of Fate for 6 bucks is a fool :awesome:

Lots of people praised Amnesia, is it that good? I haven't even heard of it before

Most likely because it's an easy plan due to being a VN =D

It's pretty average story-wise.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1