Time Gap Between 1st and 2nd Platinum.

TigressLion

1st : Ratchet &  Clank All 4 One - November 3rd 2012

2nd : Rage - November 17th 2012

So just about 2 weeks. When the Plat for A4O popped I looked at my trophy list and Rage was pretty close to being finished, so I went back and started on that. 

• Like 1

First platinum was Ys: Memories of Celceta on December 6th 2013

Second platinum was Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc on February 15th 2014.

71 days in between them.  In my case it wasn't so much a lack of time or skill, it was more I didn't have many games yet.  I bought both of these the day they came out and platinumed them pretty quickly and they were pretty much the first and second games on PSN I wanted to play.

First platinum was Minecraft PS3 unlocked the 12nd April 2014

Second platinum was Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy PS3 unlocked the 25th April 2014

Only 13 days between my plats and I'm proud of them because I unlocked them in genuine way. No trophy guides or bs. Just one player against a platinum challenge. Nowadays I mostly hunt with guides and it's always good to remind myself how I started :)

I did however not know how to check guides so I was stuck with a secret trophy on Dead Space Extraction for a long time before I manage to Google it (yes, it was difficult to search back then because I didn't know about trophy guides).

When I approached Far Cry 3 trying to plat it I had to search for a damn trophy I couldn't figure out and I was shocked to find a whole community dedicated to trophy hunting with guides and gaming session. Damn gaming sessions! I wish I knew about them when I went for the gta 5 plat..

When I approached Far Cry 3 trying to plat it I had to search for a damn trophy I couldn't figure out and I was shocked to find a whole community dedicated to trophy hunting with guides and gaming session. 

LMAO right?! I did LBP1 legit twice but I would certainly have boosted it if it was nowadays. I found .org a few days before PSNP though and spent much more time there (lurking) than here.

• Like 1

First: WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - March 10, 2010

Second: Fallout 3 (GOTY edition) - August 8, 2010

Almost 5 month gap. Fallout 3 was my first game with trophies, and one of my first games ever so I had no idea what trophies were about. I probably could have skipped the DLC trophies (had I known) and just do the base trophies for the platinum, and get the rest later.

Like 2 days, but I was also fresh with my newly acquired PS3 and was really into both Infamous and Uncharted 2 at the time. So new to it, I didn't even rush to create a PSN account, thus the missing timestamps for the first couple of trophies I earned (I only made one to try Uncharted 2's online, so I would have probably had a lot more missing timestamps had I not wanted to earn the two easy trophies it had). It would be like another month before I would earn my third platinum, but I actually find that as time goes on, it's not nearly as big of a deal as it used to be so I find bigger gaps in time trophy earning and the "completed time" on my games is getting larger and larger.

TL;DR: With an exception of recent times, my trophy earning actually went down from when I first started.

#1: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension - January 28th 2012

#2: Cars 2 - February 4th 2012

Difference - 7 Days

I had been into achievement hunting on the 360 since about 2008, so I had an idea of what to do for trophies. It helps that Cars 2 was a game that I had previously done on the 360. :P

I did each plat in about a day, but I couldn't play on weekdays because it was the middle of the school year, so I had to wait, thus why the gap was so long. :P

Edited by Walter-kun
  • Like 1

I'm really surprised you got this this early... i thought trophies were introduced in 2009 first time? :huh::D

Trophies were introduced with the 2.40 firmware update July 2nd, 2008. Uncharted was one of the early games that got patched with trophies (August 8th, 2008).

However Sony didn't make trophy support mandatory till sometime 2009 (games that were submitted for certification after January 1).

Edited by DizzyDavidson