Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

53 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

So there isn't any confirmation for Consoles yet but Firaxis Games just announced they will be closing the Multiplayer and Challenge Modes for XCOM 2 over on PC/Steam.

Since this can be quite a difficult game would advise anyone with this in their backlog to probably do the online now just in case.

https://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-2-is-losing-multiplayer-and-challenge-mode-on-pc/

If this is to happen (NOTE: calm down it hasn't happened yet people reading this) which trophies would be affected? I know there's one from the base game (The Most Dangerous Game) and that's it.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

So there isn't any confirmation for Consoles yet but Firaxis Games just announced they will be closing the Multiplayer and Challenge Modes for XCOM 2 over on PC/Steam.

Since this can be quite a difficult game would advise anyone with this in their backlog to probably do the online now just in case.

there’s only one online trophy, right? Does challenge mode have a trophy? 

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Hi Everyone!

In the End of the Post of the Site appears this:

"This update will only affect the Windows version of XCOM 2 on Steam, with multiplayer in the Mac, Linux, and console versions remaining online."

So consoles its not Problematic at the Moment but i think i can reccomend do that before its to late to.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Devil_Max said:

Hi Everyone!

In the End of the Post of the Site appears this:

"This update will only affect the Windows version of XCOM 2 on Steam, with multiplayer in the Mac, Linux, and console versions remaining online."

So consoles its not Problematic at the Moment but i think i can reccomend do that before its to late to.

18 hours ago, POEman553 said:

If this is to happen (NOTE: calm down it hasn't happened yet people reading this) which trophies would be affected? I know there's one from the base game (The Most Dangerous Game) and that's it.

Yeah as Max said above me here apparently no plans for Console yet just seen the tweet by them about this. But it's still irregular they would close servers for probably the most played version of the game and leave everything else open. I would still recommend hitting up the online trophy (I believe it is only one) but also playing Multiplayer could make some other trophies easier for those with difficulty in this type of game.

8 minutes ago, Darkette said:

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

EA announcing the closure of NHL 14 all the way up to and including NHL 18 on June 6th 2022.  Good thing they mentioned it in possibly the most obscure location of all time.

I was was surprised that the PS3 ones were still up, considering more popular titles like Madden and Fifa are shut down from those years (14-16)

Are you saying their service page is the most obscure location of all time? That's where they announce everything, right?

Edited by Floorkiller74
clarification
  • Like 1

Just now, Floorkiller74 said:

Are you saying their service page is the most obscure location of all time? That's where they announce everything, right?

I have no idea. Just at first glance it looks like more of a hall of fame for shutdown titles than an announcement page.

Just now, Darkette said:

I have no idea. Just at first glance it looks like more of a hall of fame for shutdown titles than an announcement page.

No, it's where they post everything beforehand. They just keep everything from 2013 on listed with their previous shutdown dates...for historical sake, I guess, lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

How are the games trophy wise?

Most if not all are already broken and unobtainable. Perhaps 15 and 16 are still obtainable.

All grindy and annoying without double boxing

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Most if not all are already broken and unobtainable. Perhaps 15 and 16 are still obtainable.

15 is a SLOG. Did it on an older account of mine. It would take months of RNG to get all the cards or MANY purchases of packs. Doable but super unlikely given the time period left.

8 hours ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

How are the games trophy wise?

It takes quite a while if you aren’t given the cards. It’s very rng dependent since you need a card for each team and there’s tons of silvers. 14 has already been unobtainable for new players since late 2018 due to broken tuners for new players.

For 15 and a bit of Legacy I self boosted them all by deleting teams and playing 5-6 matches to open silver packs without having to renew contracts. For some reason the ps3 games don’t have a limit on deleting your teams so you can abuse it that way. 

NHL Legacy and 16 also only have the playoffs open for 3 days a month while 15 has it open I think every weekend. I’m not sure about 17 and 18 since I haven’t played them, but every NHL game after 16 has ditched the Master Collector trophy so that makes them way more appealing trophy wise. Be aware that the EASHL trophies need 4 people minimum and the “six pack” trophy on NHL 16 for PS4 needs 8. Good luck.

Edited by Darkette
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

NHL 14 is already either completely or mostly down so 27 trophies are unobtainable and either 17 or 18 lost some modes a few years back so is unPlatinumable.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

NHL 14 is already either completely or mostly down so 27 trophies are unobtainable and either 17 or 18 lost some modes a few years back so is unPlatinumable.

14 straight up doesn’t let you play online matches unless you’ve had a save of the tuners pre-2019. Everyone else after that has resigned a save or just cheated it. I was a bit suspicious of the one guy that did it in 2020 so I tested the game myself and there’s no way around it. He also dodged my question when I asked so I’m fairly certain it’s cheated.

To clarify a bit more - these games have an unmissable trophy when you boot them up. If someone earns this after 2019 for their first time and proceeds do online trophies, then you‘ll know it isn’t legit.

Edited by Darkette
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkette said:

14 straight up doesn’t let you play matches unless you’ve had a save of the tuners pre-2019. Everyone else after that has resigned a save or just cheated it. I was a bit suspicious of the one guy that did it in 2020 so I tested the game myself and there’s no way around it. He also dodged my question when I asked so I’m fairly certain it’s cheated.

That I didn't know, I'll make some adjustments to the unobtainable trophies thread on .org. :).

F1 2019 is going to be removed from EA Play on 18th of April. It has already been delisted on Xbox, available only on Game Pass/EA Play, so there's a high chance F1 2019 will be delisted at this date. Also, EA has delisted ALL old F1 games from everywhere 3 days ago.

• Like 3

On 3/5/2022 at 8:47 AM, HuntingFever said:

Good Timing trophy has been unobtainable for 17 pretty much since 18 came out.  Drives me nuts.  Would have had the plat otherwise haha

21 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

F1 2019 is going to be removed from EA Play on 18th of April. It has already been delisted on Xbox, available only on Game Pass/EA Play, so there's a high chance F1 2019 will be delisted at this date. Also, EA has delisted ALL old F1 games from everywhere 3 days ago.

2019 is already delisted on PS4.  Only 2020 and 2021 remain. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

2019 is already delisted on PS4.  Only 2020 and 2021 remain. 

Fantastic EA move! Announce removal for April 18th and actually do that a month earlier lol

I was afraid of that when I noticed earlier today it was unavailable on Xbox Store, however it's downloadable through Game Pass still

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Fantastic EA move! Announce removal for April 18th and actually do that a month earlier lol

I was afraid of that when I noticed earlier today it was unavailable on Xbox Store, however it's downloadable through Game Pass still

Yeah and if you have EA play it will still be on there for another month. It's just no longer available for digital purchase, 

• Like 2