Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

2 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Getting all golds on PS3 daily was a hard task even prior to the shutdown, and would take around 3 months to reach max online level. With only 2 months remaining, you'd need lots of diamond cups which is not feasible at all.

^This.

I wouldn't even bother on the PS3, you won't make it with a 0%.

10 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

For Rayman Legends it’s impossible to finish in time from 0% ?

Yes/no. If you are a pro you can get the enough points within 2 to 3 weeks. But you need every day and week unter the first 1% on both daily challenges and the both weekly challenges. I played since end of february and need 250 more points. It is harder since the last FW update to get gold. Instead of 600-800 players only 200-400 will do the challenges. 

So it is nearly impossible to get all points for the awesomeness level. You need over 1800 points and if you plan to get one gold and silver it took more than the remaining time until 1st of September. 

3 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Getting all golds on PS3 daily was a hard task even prior to the shutdown, and would take around 3 months to reach max online level. With only 2 months remaining, you'd need lots of diamond cups which is not feasible at all.

I expect even a reliable Gold source is tough now given the low player numbers.

Takes two months + 1-2 weeks earning gold on every challenge. So to he who was asking, this is no longer possible from 0% with out earning a bunch of Diamond cups. You're looking at only 1-4 Diamonds (Top 1% of players) being available in any challenge, and those fews spots are well contested by a small group of very experienced players.

12 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I can only imagine now it would be harder to get golds since I last played it. Definitely wouldn’t be enough time if starting at 0%. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, akdkiller said:

Well, i think all the people expecting for the far cry 2 servers fix. need to start forgetting.

Yeah, after this announcement I’m pretty certain it’s staying down. With Far Cry 3 servers getting shut down (although that plat is still obtainable after the servers are gone), I don’t see why they’d consider reviving Far Cry 2. Perhaps all of the support messages over the last few months were just copy/paste nonsense. Never a good idea to trust anyone from dev support teams. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J2VLegacy said:

I can only imagine now it would be harder to get golds since I last played it. Definitely wouldn’t be enough time if starting at 0%. 

It got harder when sony started requiring 2FA on all accounts to login, eliminated most alts for some time. Its getting better now but we are still talking about 300-400 players a day (on a normal challenge, less on extreme).

I don't think anyone with a common sense should start it now.

It got harder when sony started requiring 2FA on all accounts to login

For the record for people reading this, Sony still doesn't require 2FA, they just require system-specific passwords from your account instead of the PSN account password on PS3 and Vita.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

For the record for people reading this, Sony still doesn't require 2FA, they just require system-specific passwords from your account instead of the PSN account password on PS3 and Vita.

Yeah, you are right. Thats technically not a 2FA. But effect for the game was still the same.

• Like 1

Let's also not forget that when the servers were down briefly for Ubisoft games, Rayman Legends on PS3 and Vita were both still affected when PS4 version was back up.

I wanted to do Rayman Legends on PS3 next, but I guess that's not to be. As other people mention, the grind for cups is ridiculous due to tryhard regulars inflating the score and making it harder to obtain.

Can someone please be precised? Do I need to get new copies of Driver San Francisco and Splinter Cell Blacklist to get the online passes? Or are they obtainable through the games when they ask for the online pass?

Edited by MaxieM0us3

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

According to my maths, getting golds every time would be 85 days exactly, and thats with all the modes unlocked at once.

Would a bunch of burner accounts deliberatley lowering the diamond cup scale be feasible?

Edited by breakingthegreen

11 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Would a bunch of burner accounts deliberatley lowering the diamond cup scale be feasible?

In theory, yes. In reality it would take so many that you would need a sizable group of people coordinating to make it feasible.

22 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Can someone please be precised? Do I need to get new copies of Driver San Francisco and Splinter Cell Blacklist to get the online passes? Or are they obtainable through the games when they ask for the online pass?

For Driver I got the online pass in game. It was free from the in game store and I had a used copy.

Edited by The Moose Knuckler
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I played them both half a year ago and had bought used copies but didnt need to buy any online pass. In driver i specifically remember they set the online trial to 999 days so it never runs out meaning no online pass needed. Splinter cell i dont remember the specifics but also no online pass needed.

2 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

For Rayman Legends it’s impossible to finish in time from 0% ?

Unless ur a god at the daily/weekly challenges and can get all/mostly diamonds cups, 2 months is not enough time. Even getting all gold cups still requires at least 3 months 

• Like 1

So Assassin's Creed multiplayer on PS3 is finally coming to an end. That lasted way longer than I thought it would, outlasting major games like Uncharted.
I wonder how bad the servers are now? I boosted it way back in 2015 and it felt like it was barely functioning then.

Edited by Seraphim_Rez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I know DSF ( driver San Francisco ) you don’t need an online pass even if you buy a used game, just press X to choose a two days trial & you will be in multiplayer but for Blacklist I really don’t remember.