Do you continue to help people long after getting platinum?

Mizztec

Of course, why not? :D If I still have that specific game, then I would go back to it help. I don't get rid of games after I get the Platinum, but the games become old and servers would just shut down. I help most people with FIFA 14, FIFA 15, WWE 2K15 and MINDJACK.  So, it's only MINDJACK that is currently obtainable. Online is pretty much dead, so it's gets easier to find boosting partners. Now I'm just waiting to get FIFA 16 back and get the Platinum, so I can work on my new Charity work :P.

• Like 3

I typically always do if I have the game still. I just don't likse people who ask for my help and then add me for a game I said I'd help then don't hear from them...until days or weeks later. I make room on my HDD to help you, the least a person could do is say, "We're not doing it this week." or "Not enough people joined, so I'll msg you when ready." or even, "We can play some co-op until we get enough people." and then I can be understanding. Seems like rudeness and selfishness is becoming more of a trend then most of the trends out.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone!

First i What to apologyse all the People i dont help after i get the Plat or i gain some trophies online but the Big Problem its because the next days or i have alot work or i have something to do very important or Family to. ;) But i try do my best to help everyone who need's and i have alot friends can prove this. ;) I know this can be very dificult for everyone because we dont know the Life for Every Player or Every Trophy Hunter, because every people have problems and some things important to do and every people i know dont play everyday. :/

Today i have alot day of work but now gonna help a friend on boosting some trophies online. :D

Cya Everyone and Good Luck Everyone on all your Trophy Hunting! =)

P.S: I dont know but i think soon i helping some people of this Post! Cya Soon Everyone and Good Luck! ;) And Sorry my English because im a Portuguese Guy! ;)

Edited by Devil_Max
  • Like 1

Really depends on the game tbh, i've helped numerous people with a simple trophy in Blood Drive. But i won't do a 5+ hour grind twice, i don't want to invest that amount of time twice. And if it's a game that is still played often than i usually advice them to make a session because they'll usually will find people. If they don't i'll still help them with their trophy. And of course a friend always has an advantage over a stranger

Yes if someone ask me for help and i'm free i might lend a helping hand if not ends up in hell of grinding torture all over again . 

I remember going back to Dark Souls after plat to help out half of a playtrought on jolly coop with a german girl .

Also went back online to help out on Tekken 6 even tho i already got the onlin3 trophies , no plat on tekken yet for me .

• Like 1

Yup in Destiny (and probably in Destiny 2 later). 

Though don't ask me to help with flawless raider since the update lol. 

I'm actually not on Destiny much anymore, so I'm not much help.  

But not everyone has a clan already cemented in, so helping is part of it. 

In fact! I got one of our clan members right from a boosting session here like 6 months ago! He is very easy to get along with and is very active! It was perfect.

Moral of the story, sometimes it's you that gets more help by helping others! 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

really depends on the game im curently playing aswell as what im playing with my girlfriend cause if the game people need help with is taking to much space or i just dont have time available it makes it hard but usually if i can ill help most anyone but alot of times i get people asking for help with stuff i dont even own lol

Same as most people have said, I'm always willing to help as long as I still have the game. If I don't, I'll usually go and buy it as long as it's cheap enough. I've had a ton of people help me out that didn't have to, so i want to pay it forward as much as I can!

I guess I'll be the first one to admit this but I'm too selfish to help others, especially when I'm playing something and I get a sudden request.

Maybe it's for the better, since with games like GTA V I kinda forgot how to play well and I would probably drag the team down more than help, especially when it comes to heists which I haven't tried yet. Maybe I should give it a go soon.

• Like 1

Yeah, to a degree depending on the game. 

Ive been helping people for months with World of Final Fantasy, fulfilling requests for any mirages people want, (so long as they don't ask for like the entire compendium O.O, I don't have that kind of patience) although it's mostly been Maduin requests due to the sheet RNG and luck based factor of obtaining it normally.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 6:10 PM, Phil said:

Yup, even years after plat like with Demon's Souls. I loved Demon's Souls so much that I made a plat character to help people out even after I love my save due to ylod. I'll also help with Warhawk, Bioshock 2, Injustice, USF4...I never sell games. I help with almost anything I can. The only thing I don't help people with are uber grinds unless it's for friends.

Do you still trade items with other players?

I played a number of hours on Demon Souls a couple years ago. Would like to get back into the game but I also don't want to be spending 20 - 30 hours getting a item because it's luck based.

While I won't shareplay something for someone (I mean, if you really want to do it, then by all means and I don't got anything against you... just not really going to bother with it, myself), I have, on numerous occasions, posted in a co-op trophy session thread for help in a popular game, only to get the trophy(s) I need within a couple of minutes of asking. After that, I can usually expect to get at least 10 or more friend/boost requests for the next couple of days for trophies I already obtained hours/days ago, but I'll still help as many of them out as I can. I think the only recent exception to that was people asking me to help them boost Ranked match in Tekken 7, when the whole mode was broken at the time, and it was actually easier to NOT boost it than it was to boost, but that's about the only time I had to outright turn people away.

The only times I will absolutely turn someone away -- aside from, of course, shareplay -- is if it either puts my account in danger of suspension/being banned (like the days of Killzone 2 when the mods/admins actively popped into your lobby, and it could result in suspension of your account if you were caught boosting too many times after being warned... also happened in MLB: The Show when they had boostable online trophies, too), or if it's something that would probably end up eating up a ton of my time to the point it actually affects my life, or at the very least, my gaming life (e.g., farming Hangman's NOOSE with you for 80 hours in GTAIV, since I couldn't even stomach the grind myself).

On 4-6-2017 at 3:55 AM, jaehyun1009 said:

I guess I'll be the first one to admit this but I'm too selfish to help others, especially when I'm playing something and I get a sudden request.

Maybe it's for the better, since with games like GTA V I kinda forgot how to play well and I would probably drag the team down more than help, especially when it comes to heists which I haven't tried yet. Maybe I should give it a go soon.

32 minutes ago, scuderia_tifosi said:

I don't think I would be helping people to get trophies unless we are helping each other get some trophies.

Come on people, trophay it forward...

Generally ill help if its been with in a couple months since I've completed it. I've been helping a lot of people with battlefield 4  since I completed it a month ago.. With one of my recent games it kind of made me regret it. I had ended up stopping progression on the game all together to get them caught up, and they were pretty much being an ass and insulting me the entire time. Ill definitely help with specific trophies if I still have the game, but I won't be doing what I did in this specific situation again, if that makes sense.

Of course. I've been helping a lot of people getting the CS GO platinum trophy over the years. I was boosting BioShock 2 earlier this year, and I'm still helping folks around the world - even the ones I haven't played with before. I receive a lot of friend requests every month from random trophy boosters seeking for help with BS2. I guess it's being spread in the trophy community that I am willing to help. I always accept as I believe in that if you help someone, they might help you someday. 

• Like 2

Usually yes, but only if one proved to be serious and respectful during the boosting sessions, helped some friends with Uncharted 3 trophies after I got 100% for example. This applies to regular groups, while on psnp sessions with random people I just join and leave till I get what I want, without getting involved.

I usually ask my friends if they would like to boost the game if I know they have it. But if someone asks for my help, I will definitely help out. Different people have different abilities and I know if I help them, they will likely help me when I need it. Plus it's always fun chatting to mates while boosting or doing something in co-op.

GTA V comes to mind immediately. Not so much that me or my friend needed help, we just decided to do all the MP together and it was one of my fondest gaming moments. That time was very fun.