PS+ Aug 2017

Gwendly

This is a great month! I almost bought Just Cause 3 on launch, but I'm glad I didn't since I heard it had huge technical problems. Apparently they are somewhat alleviated with PS4 Pro boost mode, though, so maybe it'll be worth playing, especially now that I don't have to pay for it. :P I still need that PS4 Pro, though...

Downwell is another game I've been interested in for a while but don't own yet. It looks like a challenging plat, but if it's as addictive as it looks, I'm sure I won't mind going for it, especially since it's on Vita.

As for the other games... ehh, I don't really care. I want 2 out of the 6 games offered for the month, though, and I consider that to be well worth it.

Considering I already had the plats for both PS4 games last month and own Tokyo Jungle Plus didn't do much for me last month but this month is a different story. I'll grab Just Cause 3 and Downwell. Played the AC Freedom Cry back when it first released.

I'm not the biggest AC fan but Freedom Cry was good enough fro what it is.

I have both of the PS4 titles, yet again. Although I must say at least this month is some quality PS4 titles. Bought just cause 3 at release, and it was amazing in my opinion. But then again I don't mind open world games that tend to get repetitive. Enjoy the wingsuit challenges everyone!

3 hours ago, DennisWilles said:

Just Cause 3 is a broken mess.. they even patched it and made it worse. I'm shocked this is still up on the store and now given out as a game, it's unplayable.

3 hours ago, Osmose42 said:

That's what I wanted to ask. I heard that game has some glitchy trophies. :D 

The game definitely has some noticeable slowdown during the more intense battle sequences, but when you consider the freaking explosive mayhem that occurs during a an average fight this is fairly ok with me, YMMV obviously. Other than that and some occasional physics glitches the game's performance was decent enough considering that most assaults on towns end up looking like the Normandy landings. So from my experience the patches seemed to have largely worked, nothing was game breaking for me. It's not the greatest game in the world- gunplay is literally hit and miss, the story is predictably silly and driving harks back to old school GTA. But...the explosions....and...the wingsuit....good times. Definitely a massive improvement upon the vanilla release which I avoided due to the poor feedback.

As far as trophies go, no issues here. The only one I'm missing is the call out trophy, but this can be easily boosted if no-one on your leaderboard sends you a challenge.

5 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

Very good lineup for PS4, they should give up on Ps3 and Vita because is becoming embarrassing 

What are you talking about? Downwell is an awesome, awesome title & Level 22 looks cool as. Honestly the PS3 titles look pretty fun too. 

Really solid line up for me. I'm so glad I didn't buy Just Cause 3 I've looked at it 4-5 times in the last week or two. I've always wanted to play Freedom Cry also but thought the price for it was a little steep. 

Hurry up next month!!! 

Kinda bummed since last month there was Until Dawn, which I bought on disc in 2015 (albeit on sale for only 30, which then got traded for Splatoon 2 for about 15ish), and now this month I bought Freedom Cry not long after it came out and Just Cause 3 way back when.

Despite the introduction, I couldn't be happier. This is two months in a row that have at least one big AAA PS4 game, and Freedom Cry is honestly the perfect length AC game for me because they can't keep me interested much more than 5-10 hours or so. This is a great month, the other games, whatever, couldn't care less, no disrespect to them, but those AAA games are great and this is good shit.

Keep it up Sony. If you make it 3 months in a row where you've got games I thought were worth buying at retail prices, then Plus is definitely on the way back into my good books as it was 5 or so years back. This is good shit. Keep it up guys, and I'll be sure to resub, but this needs to be consistent. Even once every second month. Like let's say Until Dawn is the AAA PS4 for last month, this month toss a couple of better received indies or something and Freedom Cry, then next month drop Just Cause 3, I'd be happy with that kind of speed, every second month a big game and every other month something smaller but decent. 

I'm just happy to see PS+ make me go "God damn it, I already bought that" again for the first time in a while. Ironically it's how I got Just Cause 2 back in the day, I was too scared to pull the trigger and buy it because I thought it might come to Plus at some point, and it did, and now JC3 has as well.

• Like 1

Shit a brick, this and the last couple months are IMO 2012 level PS+ goodness. Look at this shit,

Alienation

Tales from the Borderlands

Life is Strange

Until Dawn

Game of Thrones

Just Cause 3

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

and then there's another 15 odd games in those months too. 

This is some good shit. I can get back on the PS+ hype wagon if they keep it up. It's been a good few years since I was genuinely impressed consistently by the PS+ output, but fuck it, if Xbox can come back from E3 2013 and get me to buy an Xbone, there's no reason PS+ can't too.

Oh snap! Some good lineup. I haven't even started JC2 and now I'll have JC3 in my backlog. Also I was never really interested in AC but I guess Freedom Cry will be perfect just to try it.

Other than that nothing else interests me (maybe Super Motherload). But all these will have to wait (again!) till I play them.

@IBadDriverI Thx for the vid. Got yourself a sub. :)

15 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

Very good lineup for PS4, they should give up on Ps3 and Vita because is becoming embarrassing 

Why? They've given a lot of games on Vita which I would have never tried and actually liked the game. Severed amongst other games are examples of good ones. Also Downwell is a great game for the Vita.