How much do you care about completion?

ayse_99

How much do you care about completion?  

433 members have voted

1. 1. What is a "good" completion rate in your opinion?

• 0%-20%
    • 20%-40%
    • %40-%60
    • %60-%80
    • %80-%100
    • I don't care at all about my completion.

I certainly care about completion - one of my goals has been to get a stable 80% completion rate, and I've almost accomplished it (when I started posting here, my rate was 68%). However, I don't care enough about completion that I would

1. Fail to play a game simply because I can't get the plat
  2. Buy DLC for a game I didn't really, REALLY like

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Enough to bring me back to older games for a second bite at the apple, but not enough to put me off starting a game just because the trophy list is hard

That's fair enough. I think we're quite similar in that respect.

Although tbf I have about 6 games that I've purchased and not added to my account yet because I'm working my way through my backlog so while I'll definitely add them eventually, I'm having a "second bite of the apple" right now, so to speak :P 

2 hours ago, tonesdad0408 said:

I'd rather spend 3 months trying on one plat and one game such as a Soulsborne game as opposed to spending 3 months whoring out easy lame plats. 

Same over here, i rather have 1 plat that i can totally remember having fun going for, than getting 'a plat a day' so to speak

As far as completion goes, i always go for the 100%, i had a 'lot' of games in my backlog that i all 100%-ed a year or 2 ago, it took me allmost 1.5 years to get that 100% on those 6 or 8 games or whatever, and i'm not screwing it up, i even look up what franchises i would go for, just to get an idea if im actually gonna like the game, if i think i wont i just dont give it a try

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ric said:

So was I, but if I still play like that now I'd need to buy a new game every 3-4 days, because that's how fast I normally get through a playthrough of an average size game. I don't have the funds to keep that up (not while playing the games I like at least).

Again, I wasn't raised in the "Everybody gets a participation trophy" era either. You seem to think that trophy hunters are either kids or worthless bums living in their parents basement/neglecting their families. I have a house, a wife, 3 young children and 3 cats and I'm trophy hunting just fine. It's just a hobby just as any other. It might not be fun to you, but to some of us it is. That doesn't mean we don't spend time with or take care of our families.

Methinks thou dost protest too much

Lol, lately I am busy at work, so I am happy I can try to complete one game at a time without worrying about popping in another game. 

I'm always happy to see people that have 80% above completion list so they have some of my respect but that also depends on how difficult the games the played too.

But yeah I care about my list though so I try to get to 90% completion rate and keep it that way. 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2017 at 2:13 PM, Firefoxie said:

I generally care more about getting the platinum than the full 100%. Also it depends on how difficult the game is and how well I enjoyed it. 

me too! ^_^ well said!

on topic: i very much don't care, and i don't like to buy dlcs only for trophies, i'll only buy it if it interests me. But for the ppl that like it, good for you :) the dedication is impressive! ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/09/2017 at 5:00 PM, tonesdad0408 said:

It matters more to me than the number of plats I have. 

Although the quality of my plats matters too, hold the Mayo, I want to complete as many of the games on my list as I can.

I'd rather spend 3 months trying on one plat and one game such as a Soulsborne game as opposed to spending 3 months whoring out easy lame plats. 

My thoughts exactly. I despise mayo. I’m more of a brown sauce kinda guy.

I clearly have OCD.

I cared on my xbox360 back in the days and now on my PS4. Over the Years i managed to get along with it. Im not Really interested in most games nowadays, that contain a lot of MP trophies or grindy ones. Like Fifa and Co., Racing games and call of Duty.

The Last of Us was Kinda meh. It was fun, but on my second Journey, I quitted a lot of games to reach week 12 faster. And uncharted 4 survival was nice and challenging. (After the nerf)

I became Really Selective over the years. Since FFXIII, Ive Never bought a Game on release, due to disappointment, and with Todays trend of DLC and Microtransaction, i wait until there is a Complete Edition and a Price Drop (I buy only digital on PS4). I check if they have MP trophies and when they do, I clear them first and then get back to my other games. And my first playthrough of a Game is always blind, so i dont spoil myself through trophies.

In my opinion, games that have a lot of MP trophies and or grindy ones but shouldnt have a MP to begin with, should be treated with Caution. It seems to me, that the developers dont Think the SP is Good enough and want to extend the playtime by alot, with useless grinding. (Looking at you Bioshock 2)

So im trying to 100% Everything. At the Moment i have some games played, that im not in the mood of playing them but eventually will in the Future. I wont avoid challenging games, and I dont Whore Easy games just for the sake of Easy plats and or statistics. However i probably would pass on a Game, if it has a massive online grind, just to protect myself. But that happened only once in my 10 Years of hunting with Max Payne 3, due to dead online Community. 

In the end, it is important to have fun. And completing games is fun, especially difficult ones.

Edited by Mori-101

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 80%-100%, I like to go for 100% on every game I can. That said, my average completion is not especially important to me. Any games with a very low percentage (0%-20%) are clearly games that were just tried, disliked and dumped straight away. I never test games on other accounts just so that a ''bad percentage'' doesn't show up - I really don't see trying a game and disliking it as something to be ashamed of.

That said, when I get to higher percentages, I tend to get a lot more hungry for 100%. Grindy trophies are prioritized far lower and sometimes I ignore them, so occasionally I'll lose 100% simply by not caring about the grindy trophies. That said, when it's pure challenge/difficulty, I accept nothing other than 100%. :D

Overall, completion is not particularly important to me, but I go for 100% on every game where I can so I do have quite a high completion rate, despite the fact I don't believe it's vital to 100% everything. 

my @Perfect_Sinn profile i made coz i got fed up with the devs that made games and realy didnt care to much if the game was broken IE: not platable or couldnt get the 100% on. to me this profile is to keep it 100% completion and to get every game i can on it 100% so before i play my next game i do a bit of homework and research it till i am happy it can be done, this includeds DLC

i have played some games that i would never have dreamed of playing and found that i realy enjoyed them, its kind of tricky to do this kind of thing but also fun, i wont lie thou sometimes it can be a little nerve racking too lol

my wife and son are constantly saying to me you should play games to have fun, not coz you have to play that game, thing is im having a lot of fun doing this and i wish others luck to those who are doing the same thing :)

• Like 1

I view 70%+ as good though personally strive to keep mine above 90. 

I care a tad since its a fun thing to aim for. But im not going to be buying DLC for games i didnt love for the sake of completion nor put myself through games or the odd trophy i hate though. For games as a whole i end up dropping just let the odd one note my failure to research it more thoroughly before buying.  Do wish DLC trophies werent a thing but what can you do. All just for fun in the end.