More EA shady business tactics!

ragnarok2887

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

Because that people have already spent big money in packs to get a big team.

Well first of all, that's an assumption, there's tonnes of people out there who genuinely do the grind.

Second, doesn't matter how they got to be higher level than you, they're higher level than you and still playing you, a lower level player. 

Can't complain and say the game's broken for always pairing you against higher level players, because the fact that you're being paired with higher level players alone, means higher level players get paired with lower level players too and that certainly ain't gonna be a push to get them to invest real money in the game. 

Hate to use the phrase, but I think you just gotta git gud.

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well first of all, that's an assumption, there's tonnes of people out there who genuinely do the grind.

Second, doesn't matter how they got to be higher level than you, they're higher level than you and still playing you, a lower level player. 

Can't complain and say the game's broken for always pairing you against higher level players, because the fact that you're being paired with higher level players alone, means higher level players get paired with lower level players too and that certainly ain't gonna be a push to get them to invest real money in the game. 

I really dislike use of the phrase 'git gud' too. There's a variety of reasons why people may be unable to 'git gud'. I've had it said to me in the past and all it did was make me never play the game's online again lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blendercat27 said:

We're shocked by EA wanting to raise its revenue now?

No, not shocked that they are trying to raise revenue, but in the way that they are doing it.  Purposely making games unbalanced and unfair in order to entice players to pay more (DLC unlocks, lootboxes, better equipment/items, etc.) is a bit shady.  

To put it another way, imagine buying a brand new car.  The car looks great, has decent fuel/miles capacity, drives well, etc. but the car manufacturer has included a built-in obsolescence (lets say the engine totally breaks after 1000 miles).  Now you wouldn't say that consumers shouldn't be annoyed, as they, the manufacturers, are just wanting to raise its revenue by selling customers another engine.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

I really dislike use of the phrase 'git gud' too. There's a variety of reasons why people may be unable to 'git gud'. I've had it said to me in the past and all it did was make me never play the game's online again lol

Oh yeah, no it's a completely dickish comment made solely to antagonize people. 

Someone tells me to git gud, I tell them the game should be enjoyable no matter the skill level. If I have to be proficient at something to enjoy it, then it can fuck off. I could enjoy Guitar Hero when medium mode scared me, and I enjoy it just as much now when I beat the shit out of songs on expert. 

• Like 3

EA being shady? This has been common knowledge for longer than what I bet some of the people on this forum has been alive. It's interesting to hear the latest shiet they do, but I'm not surprised and I try to never buy any of their games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Oh yeah, no it's a completely dickish comment made solely to antagonize people. 

Someone tells me to git gud, I tell them the game should be enjoyable no matter the skill level. If I have to be proficient at something to enjoy it, then it can fuck off. I could enjoy Guitar Hero when medium mode scared me, and I enjoy it just as much now when I beat the shit out of songs on expert. 

Totally! That’s why in principle I like the idea of this game adaption thing (or whatever it was called). But in the idea that naughty dog had with crash bandicoot. Ie. An extra life if you struggle or slow down the  moving platform slightly. Nothing drains my enjoyment of a game more than constant failure. Don’t get me wrong I love a challenge. But sometimes we all need a helping hand! Difficulty is so totally subjective. No difficulty is one size fits all and sometimes both devs and players forget that. 

18 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

Totally! That’s why in principle I like the idea of this game adaption thing (or whatever it was called). But in the idea that naughty dog had with crash bandicoot. Ie. An extra life if you struggle or slow down the  moving platform slightly. Nothing drains my enjoyment of a game more than constant failure. Don’t get me wrong I love a challenge. But sometimes we all need a helping hand! Difficulty is so totally subjective. No difficulty is one size fits all and sometimes both devs and players forget that. 

Yes, this! 

The game I am playing now borrows heavily from the fighting game genre, which is something I have never played before so I was struggling to move forward and almost quit. I looked up a guide instead that explained the good combos and different mechanics I did not realize were present, and now the game is much easier and I am able to enjoy it as a puzzle game with a good story and occasional combat and now I love it. (Still playing on easy of course!) 

In this case I was just missing 2/3 of the information on how to use the combat in game, so I would not say I "got gud" I just understand the basics now. Before it was more like me trying to play a racing game only knowing how to accelerate and turn left but nothing about braking or turning right or tuning my car. If the game really was as hard as it felt in the beginning, rather than me just having no clue about half the mechanics, I would not be able to enjoy the story, I would be bored and frustrated, and I would not be playing it anymore. I don't mind a challenge but I do mind not having fun. 

Regarding EA I am not surprised about anything they do anymore, just about how much they actually get away with. I am hoping they are forced to make some significant changes to their business plans to better benefit consumers this year... But I am not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Yeah, because rigging multiplayer games and having lootboxes is so much worse than the American banks who literally destroy people's lives so they can gain more and more money!

I mean...enough people thought so, otherwise EA wouldn't have won ?

But Bank of America was the runner up both times EA won, so I guess games > financial problems

11 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Does that contest still exist? Haven't heard about it in ages.

Having checked it seems it doesn't anymore, the last time it was done was 2014, EA did get a golden poo for winning though, bet they're proud of that ?

Never buy the game from EA again after no Andromeda DLC, at least should give that ME title closure it deserved , but no, it all about profit, not "Arts"

I have no interest in multiplayer game anyway. But in the grand scheme it's effected me because quality of game from now on from likely focus on engagement psychology manipulate rather than make a great and worthy game to justify the price.

Fuck EA.

10 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Not sure that logic adds up... if you are always being paired against higher level players (i.e. ones with much better teams) how are you supposed to get better if the matchup is inherently unfair? If I'm using a 70 player against a 90, there's not much I can do if his players sprint twice as fast as mine and can nail long shots 80% of the time. That just sounds like bad balance.

Again, if I am the player with the 85-90 rated players, getting matched up constantly against players with crappy teams, there isn't much satisfaction in winning in that scenario, as the odds are in my favour.

How are you supposed to 'git gud' if the playing field isn't balanced in the first place? If you bring a gun to knife fight there's only so much the dude with the knife can do.

• Like 2

Stop throwing money at EA's doorstep like the filthy whore they are and probably they'll stop their evil plans . Casuals keep feeding them like a newborn baby , they just keep growing and growing until the whole gaming community is doomed . Mark my words !

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 2

I didn't think that you could surpass activi$ion in terms of anti-player practices but you did.. Well done EA..

If only you didn't own DICE who owns Mirror's Edge. At this point, if there's no way to put MTX in games then said game won't be made. Lol I can only imagine how mirror's edge would be with SP MTX. Pay $0.99 to restore breath? $1.99 to fix broken bones?

Now I don't condone their practices whatsoever but it was definitely bearable at the times of Battlefield 1 and UFC 2 which were released in 2016. Funny how everyone sided with DICE/ EA vs the infinity war/ activi$ion thing back when the trailers were released. Funny how things change

13 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Yeah, because rigging multiplayer games and having lootboxes is so much worse than the American banks who literally destroy people's lives so they can gain more and more money!

2 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

I mean...enough people thought so, otherwise EA wouldn't have won ?

But Bank of America was the runner up both times EA won, so I guess games > financial problems

Except in an online poll the entire world can vote, so an american-only problem can very easily be cast aside. While they likely have a system in place to filter out international votes, there are ways around that and if there's a type of person who will look for them, will find them and will kill use them it's pissed off gamers. So yeah, in an online poll the company who pisses off people worldwide will always win regardless of competition.

4 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

Stop throwing money at EA's doorstep like the filthy whore they are and probably they'll stop their evil plans . Casuals keep feeding them like a newborn baby , they just keep growing and growing until the whole gaming community is doomed . Mark my words !

HEY

Don't threaten me

With a good time ;)

Edited by Trophy Huntress

4 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Dr_Evil_EA_zpstrimvjso.jpg

There is a way to have your cake and eat it too....if you buy the game used, and then don't get any of the extra stuff (DLC, Lootbox, etc) EA doesn't make a dime off you AND you still get to play their game.

Gamers can be shady too!!!

AWESOME meme, I miss Dr. Evil?

Whelp, I'm just content not buying from EA at all.  The only recent game from them that I have bought was BF1 and before the indie title that they helped get up and running "Unravel". Might be more but I need to look through my backlog. I'll just keep playing games from other companies that are not surrounded by controversy. ?