When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

I'll stop playing mine when my backlog is clear, so probably never :D

Still got about 50 or so games to play including Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Just Cause 2, plus a bunch of other trophy lists I need to finish off. And then there's all the PS+ freebies I've snagged :S

Edited by Dreamcatcher4891

Of course no, when sony create a new console the PS3 games will be more cheap and that mean more games to play! nowaday you can find nice games on PS3 with a decent price and more people will sell their consoles and games when PS5 come in one future and PS3 have a lot of title like PS2 but this time PS3 can be more flexible with wi-fi conection more stable, HDMI, trophies... 

Not for a very long time, if I don't quit playing PS4 games, and finish up what I have left over there. There's not much on the platform that I feel like I absolutely need to have, though, so I probably won't be buying much more for it. And if they ever stopped trophy syncing, that'd just make my job easier. I'd just play through the story, and call it a day. 

5 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Sorry to break it to you guys but it’s not possible to get platinum in every single ps3 game. I’ve came across some people and this seems to be their goal but it’s very unrealistic. They spend most of their time boosting dead multiplayer games and I highly doubt they enjoy doing so. To each their own I guess but its alright to come over to the PS4 now guys there’s a ton of great games. Remember enjoyment comes before anything else and if gaming becomes just another chore then what’s the point?

We enjoy boosting dead multiplayer games. Fun is relative.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RedSkyKing said:

You wouldn't think it'd be a costly service to keep running, if that'd be the problem to shut it down ?

If that’s your line of thinking, it’s not seeing the big picture. 

Yes, there’s a cost to keep PS3 trophy syncing running... that’s why Sony keeps selling PS3 games. If Sony were to remove all PS3 games from the Online Store, then, maybe, the cost might outweigh the services.

However, that’s even speculating so many things it borders on absurdity. 

On topic: It’s not something I’d ever consider because that line of thinking is completely unnecessary. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t. Looking at my NES -> Wii, PS2, PSP and PC games that range from ‘81 through 2003 that I still play when I feel like it, I’d say it’s likely never. I never worried about backup consoles before PS3, but now have two so even a dead PS3 isn’t going to stop me from that. 

6 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Sorry to break it to you guys but it’s not possible to get platinum in every single ps3 game. I’ve came across some people and this seems to be their goal but it’s very unrealistic. They spend most of their time boosting dead multiplayer games and I highly doubt they enjoy doing so. To each their own I guess but its alright to come over to the PS4 now guys there’s a ton of great games. Remember enjoyment comes before anything else and if gaming becomes just another chore then what’s the point?

How many people on PSNP could possibly have the goal of getting the platinum in every PS3 game? Everyone already knows that’s impossible because of unobtainable trophies. Also that spend their time boosting dead MP games?

Three, maybe four? Seems like you put in a lot more effort than it’s worth to reach four nutjobs. Also, why think people have to “come over” to PS4, why can’t people still play PS3 *and * play PS4?

Like many others, I still have quite a substantial backlog on PS3, so I'll be playing it for years to come yet. There's just too many great games on the system to ditch it in favour of PS4. And even if I did clear my PS3 backlog one day, I'm sure I'd bust it out every now and then if I wanted to replay something, or if I discovered a game on the system that I wanted to play. There are also a ton of PS1/PS2 classics that aren't available on PS4, and I wouldn't want to lose access to them.

The only way I could see myself stop playing on PS3 entirely is if the PS5 had backwards compatibility with all previous PlayStation consoles, and that isn't likely to happen.

When

1) I finish my backlog of 150+ games

2) my ps3 breaks (I'm not sure I'll be able to avoid the temptation of buying another though)

3) sony becomes evil and disable the internet connection with our profiles from a ps3

4) I become a magnate and have so many means of winning money than I care no longer about winning virtual trophies

5) pigs fly ?

• Like 1

On 18/02/2018 at 4:25 PM, SnowxSakura said:

"Not possible as PSN is universal across all PlayStation consoles. The most they could do is disable the store like the psp

Never, I still play my older consoles"

That's what I said! I was sat playing my Megadrive the other day, tbh I'd drive myself mad if I only had this gen to play on ☺️

Edited by Shadykray
It didn't look right