Platinum you are most ashamed of?

Tusked-Lattice

Not really any since I try to be careful about not spending money on stuff that I wouldn't be interested in playing again (excluding PS Plus indies). The easiest of mine are probably the Telltale ones but I still enjoyed most of them and got them primarily for the story. 

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 2

Besides Starwhal (my rarest BTW) that almost drove me to suicide, none really. I find the process of getting the plat (playing the game, researching the best way to do some trophies, studying a guide, completing a checklist) for some games funnier than the gameplay itself.

Energy Invasion. It's truly a piece of crap game. I didn't think they could screw up a brick attack game soooooooooooo badly, but they did. Even with other crappy games I've plat'd I at least liked parts of them, like Everybody's Gone to Rapture's music and narrative. Or the general concept of Last Rebellion and the art.

Not that one. Terrible. Flat out terrible.

I wouldn't say I'm ashamed of any of my plats because I only buy games I know I'll like for their content rather than their trophies but I feel a little bit guilty for autopopping the trophies for Sound Shapes. I bought the game because I really wanted to try it and I wasn't disappointed since the game was fun but I could have done without this game being my fastest platinum. 
Other than that I'm pretty proud of my trophy list and like I said I only play games that I think/know I'll like or games that are offered to me. 

I will never play shitty games just for the sake of having more platinums, even if I was paid.

• Like 2

Definitely Barbie and Her Sisters Puppy Rescue. I played it when I first started really trophy hunting and wanted to get some easy trophies (I'm a little more selective now). A close second would be the ugly, irredeemable Orc Slayer. I played both games while quite drunk and still have terrible memories of slogging through them.

Squareboy Vs. Bullies might be a runner up, but I actually had fun playing that game. I would like it if it weren't for all the crashing.

Mayo and Mr. Massagy are actually fun games, for what they are. The company making the Platinums so easy is shameful, perhaps, but I'm not ashamed that I "played" them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PooPDeePie said:

Goat simulator. I learnt something at least and it taught me to never buy games for easy plats so I guess it was good and bad at the same time lol. My 1st and last time doing that.

I liked that one until fucking flappy goat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Energy Invasion. It's truly a piece of crap game. I didn't think they could screw up a brick attack game soooooooooooo badly, but they did.

I just got this one earlier, and I agree completely. The sad part being that there was a novel concept in the gameplay itself, but it was just never developed beyond that of a rudimentary tech demo. You never feel like you're actually doing anything. Things just seem to happen by themselves. And after 3 levels you've basically seen everything the game has to offer and it becomes an absolute chore where you endure the game rather than play it. And the less said about the music the better. After five minutes I just muted my TV.

30 minutes ago, chrissonn said:

Squareboy Vs. Bullies might be a runner up, but I actually had fun playing that game. I would like it if it weren't for all the crashing.

This too. It was a decent little game, but it had zero challenge to it.

Edited by industrian
  • Like 2

Just so you know I merged this with the topic of the exact same title you made about a month ago :P 

Mine is Sound Shapes PS3, I don't care for having it basically as a repeat identical list to my Vita version. :dunno:

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

I get alot of crap from my friends for having the Hanna Montana Platinum trophy, but personally, the platinum trophies  I'm ashamed of are for "Socom:Confrontation" and "Fuel". I got them from save hacking and it ended up getting me Banned from all leaderboards, until the day Sony blessed us trophy hunters with the ability to hide trophies.

When it comes to platniums, I have literally no shame anymore.  I've gotten plats in broken, easy games and fairly hard and grindy games.

It's nice to goof off with a stupid game every once in a while.  Especially terribly done games that are so bad, they're good.  Or even games that realize their trophies are a waste of time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I liked that one until fucking flappy goat.

That minigame made me rage so much xD . It was just difficult for being so unfair and it came out of the blues after plowing through each and every trophy in the game and so it caught me off guard.

I have my share of easy platinums, but in general I have enjoyed those games - I mean, no one is going to be bragging about getting a Telltale or an Artifex Mundi platinum, but I’m not ashamed of them - Telltale stories are generally good, fun yarns, and Artifex Mundi make good puzzle games.

Some games, like 36 Fragments of Midnight, which was the first one to pop to my mind, while easy as hell, was actually fun enough for the hour or so it took me, and for the pennies it cost, that’s fine - i feel i got my monies worth.

I’ve also tended to stay away from the true dirge games - the ones that have no redeeming value at all, like My Name is Mayo/Orc Slayer/MrMassagy/1000topRated etc., as even if they were free, my time is worth more to me than that.

I think the ones I am a bit embarrassed about are the ones where I didn’t enjoy them, kind of knew I wouldn’t enjoy them, and got anyway as I knew they wouldn’t take too much effort.

(I try not to do that anymore! - learned my lesson!)

so my choice is:

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

The game is bad.

I knew it would be bad.

I thought that kind of ‘wrestling’ was boring even when I was 7 years old and young enough to be in the target demographic, and as an adult I can’t even laugh at it, let alone with it. 

I just thought it would be an easy plat. 

It was, but it was not worth it!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1