E3 2018!

skinner49

7 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Shenmue 3 news

Shenmue III has been pushed back until 2019, I doubt there will be much more mentioned about it in the next 3 months except a couple of screenshots here and there.

I still have not had one questionnaire regarding the game, nor been asked my T-shirt size, nor been asked what name I would like displayed in the games end credits by being one the higher level tier backers.

It's a long way off yet.

7 hours ago, DAVEHUDSON said:

is this is a real whos knows loo at the link https://imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0

According to this list... World of Warcraft PS4 Edition, Diablo 4, Last of Us 2, Bloodborne 2, Heavy Rain 2, Borderlands 3, No Man's Sky 2, Life is Strange 3, Final Fantasy Tactics 2, Nier Automata 2, Watch Dogs 3, The Division 2, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind HD, Fallout: El Paso, Just Cause 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Episode 1, Final Fantasy 8 Remake, Dragon Age 4

Can't say much about most of these games except World of Warcraft, Diablo and Dragon Age. WoW would be possible but I don't think that's going to happen, it's too old by now and Blizzard already said they won't do a WoW port for any kind of console. Diablo 3 is practically dead, and in limbo for at 2 years now. Not sure if Blizzard even has plans for Diablo 4 at this point, maybe they come up with a new class DLC, probably the druid, but this franchise clearly isn't very high up on Blizzards development schedule. Not while they produce content for all their other games. It is peacefully resting in its grave, right next to Warcraft 4, so to speak.

And Dragon Age 4, for heaven's sake NO! At least not like the last disaster, or two even. If they indeed plan a 4th entry then they better go back to the company roots and make a true sequel to Origins. Especially when you consider how successful Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin II are. But then again EA can't earn a shitload of money with these kind of games so we will get another pseudo MMO or gaming-as-a-service BS. But BioWare is hanging by a threat right now anyway. They are working full force on Anthem and hope that it will save the company. If Anthem fails too, at least financially, EA will close the studio for good.

Anyway, regarding E3. I don't expect much expect hype and more hype. Lots of fake gameplay and meaningless trailers and only a handful real news. But it will be fun of course to see this and that. The real flow of information will start after the E3 anyway, so that's what I am looking forward too.

Edited by Durandal

Unless Sony decide now is the time to announce they are unlocking the PS2 emulator in every PS4 to run our discs, they have literally nothing I'm interested in.

Meanwhile I would absolutely lose my shit for any of these to happen

. Spyro announced as coming to Switch

. Xbox bring back OG Xbox online/DLC (gimme that Battlefront 2 content)

. GTA V announced as coming to Switch

. Black Ops 4 announced as coming to Switch

. Mario Odyssey DLC announced as dropping hella soon

. Spyro/Crash are coming to Smash as rumoured

. Nintendo to drop a bunch of GameCube games on the eShop (VC being gone does not mean BC is gone)

. Spider-Man 2 announced as becoming BC on Xbox as a fuck you to Spider-Man PS4 (gotta have hope)

. Sega announce the loooong rumoured OutRun 3

I'm going to watch the PS conference and I'll complain after it, as usual.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Man, I want ACE COMBAT 7 release date...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

System Shock 3 more news

That would be awesome indeed but after Night Dive messed up the development of the System Shock remake I really doubt we will see or even hear anything about this project in this decade. Even the remake is years away now.

Edited by Durandal
  • Like 1

- Watch/attend to?

Nope, probably going to be busy doing something else. I just read the summary of the event a couple of days after it has ended to catch on the important bits.

- What I'm looking forward to?

A price cut on the PS4 (including the Pro) would be nice. Although let's be honest, I'm really doubtful this will happen and this is mostly wishful thinking on my side.

- What I'm hoping not to see?

Anything PS5 related...

As far as games go, I'm really not following nor expecting anything in particular at this moment so I'm happy with whatever they show on the event. :P

Edited by Honor_Hand

I'll definitely watch Sony's conference at least, they always seem to have the best stuff.  Though since I have all platforms these days, I'd probably enjoy watching any of them.  Each conference tends to announce a few multiplatforms as well so maybe I'll watch them all if I can.

I usually never watched E3 but tried to catch it last year and it was actually a lot of fun.  Love games, love seeing new games, love new footage/info on releases I'm interested in, love the surprise of big new announcements.  What's not to like.

A few realistic possibilities that I'd like to see more on...

Cyberpunk 2007

The Last Of Us Part 2

Death Stranding

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Less likely to see but interested in...

The Ghost of Tsushima

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Probably others that aren't coming to mind.

Edited by Dreakon13

I know I'm grasping at straws here, but.....

Vita 2?!?!

I can dream, can't I?

On a real note, I'm looking forward to seeing if Rocksteady comes out with some news on a new game... it's been a while since Arkham Knight and that cryptic tweet has me wondering what their next game will be!

Edited by hotdog_president

10 hours ago, DAVEHUDSON said:

is this is a real whos knows loo at the link https://imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0

According to this list... World of Warcraft PS4 Edition, Diablo 4, Last of Us 2, Bloodborne 2, Heavy Rain 2, Borderlands 3, No Man's Sky 2, Life is Strange 3, Final Fantasy Tactics 2, Nier Automata 2, Watch Dogs 3, The Division 2, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind HD, Fallout: El Paso, Just Cause 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Episode 1, Final Fantasy 8 Remake, Dragon Age 4

Some of that seems plausible, some is confirmed, and some seem like too good to be true :) It's also missing Ghost of Tsushima, which Sony had already confirmed as being one of their four focus titles for E3 2018.

3 hours ago, DefendTheRAW_NL said:

I hope they will anounce a new Tales game. Loved Berseria and I am ready for a new one :)

I would love for them to work on porting Vespiria to PS4. I'm not sure if news about the Ni No Kuni 2 dlcs would be announced during E3.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I would love for them to work on porting Vespiria to PS4. I'm not sure if news about the Ni No Kuni 2 dlcs would be announced during E3.

I didn't think people were still wanting vesperia here and thought they gave up years ago

I'll watch Sony's live and a recording of MS's (because I work when they have theirs) like every year. I'm mostly just curious about the surprise games (if there'll be any).

Edit: Just found out MS conference is on Sunday so I can watch that too.

Edited by DizzyDavidson