What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

Just recently found a new hidden gem of a game:

Super Cloudbuilt

Hard 3D platforming, dashing, wall running generally with an emphasis on moving vertically (most level exits are a LOT higher than the entrance).  Great art style and soundtrack.  It's been kicking my ass and I love it.  ?

It's one of the best hard platformers I've ever played and only has 866 owners tracked on this site at the moment!

• Like 2

Effie (375 owners): One of the enjoyable games with an extremely easy platinum but the You must collect every relics in the game

Ready Set Heroes (534 owners): Very underrated and underappreciated PS4 Exclusive games that came out last year. The platinum trophy (for the most part) was easy and it had two very annoying challenges to complete that should take about 20-30 tries. Two challenges that are "Reaching the boss without taking any damage" and "Finish the Brawl with 4 epics or better". You should pick this game up if you were a trophy hunter and if you love the dungeon crawler stuff. You will need two controllers to get the platinum.

Edited by x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

L82d190.png

Straimium Immortaly

This is a super weird, super obscure lsd trip of a game. It is a rogue-lite dungeon crawler with schmup elements, the learning curve is steep and most people will probably give up quite fast because the difficulty can be overwhelming at first. Once you get the hang of the game it gets extremely addictive though. Beware that the plat is at least a solid 8/10 in difficulty and highly skill based.

• Like 3

Well, I can recommend many games, one is Earth's Dawn, a fun 2D side-scrolling game about killing aliens. it's funny, easy and entertaining.

Also, I absolutely recommend you playing the Utawarerumono games (Zan, Prelude to the fallen, Mask of Deception/Truth).

And more of them are: Arc of Alchemist, Fairy TailDeath end re;Quest (1&2), CrystarThe Caligula Effect: Overdose, Drive GirlsMegadimension Neptunia VIIR, Cyberdimension NeptuniaCriminal Girls.

• Like 3

L0a49bd.png

[PS VR]

1,492 Owners

Cute little puzzle adventure with a very touching story. It's one of my top 5 VR games. Easy platinum, adorable art design and voice acting. Can't recommend it enough if people have a VR headset.

Le34c2c.png

3,852 Owners

Trine series is great, I still haven't found one that I like as much as the original game. However, this is a great game in it's own right. Not without it's flaws, a few things that were huge improvements in the third game which moved to 3D return here, but some negatives also return like Zoya's grapple only working on specific hooks in the level design. :( I miss being able to grab any wood surface. But, story is great, overall the gameplay is great albeit the probably worst aspect is how detached the platforming, puzzle and combat sections are. You literally are boxed into combat arenas which is a bit of a bummer. Still, the game is beautiful, easy platinum, great soundtrack.

Lb97a2a.png
375 Owners

Kind of surprised this is that low. It's a decent 3D action platformer. The trophy list is a bit annoying as there are missables and no chapter select, I had to start the game over after missing something in a level. But, the game is a lot of fun.
L7f8405.png
1,694 Owners

This is a really cute kart racer, I like the mechanics where you can choose to boost or leave an oil slick behind you. I think that's a neat little addition. The platinum overall is easy other than some drift related trophies. I had a really hard time maintaining a drift for the last trophy, it might be easy if you're really good at racing games but I'm generally not that great at them so it was a nightmare. But, I did it in the end and it's a cute and fun game.
L4891fd.png
2,630 Owners

While I'm over this game now, I got hundreds of hours out if it. I don't think the devs know how to support that level of engagement, as the events are terribly done. However, if you want to invest some fun into a relatively straight forward time wasting farming game this is a great one to do that. There's not a lot of depth, so you can just waste tons of times on it. The platinum is easy, no skill just time required.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Ghost Parade! (EU - 119 players)

It’s a side scrolling game developed by Indonesian art studio Lentera Nusantara.

Graphics are simple yet very visually appealing. Very cute characters that can join in fights too.

I managed to scoop a cheap preowned copy and couldn’t put it down til I completed it.

I'd like to recommend The House in Fata Morgana. PS4 and Vita. Each under 500 owners.

It is a really fantastic gothic Visual Novel (means there is no gameplay. You are only reading the story). The story is intense, dark, at time pretty gruesome and difficult to stomach. But without doubt the best story I have ever experienced in a videogame. The game will punch you in the gut, repeatedly and bring you to tears.

Combine that with an amazing soundtrack, its a killer game. I'd just like to use this opportunity to link my personal favourite track from the OST: https://youtu.be/QL6WGyq7CtI

It is really heavy stuff, but its is worth it. If you have no problems with Visual Novels and roughly 40 to 50 hours to spare, try it out.

PS: Just don't make the mistake to play only it because it has an easy plat. Thats a waste.

Edited by Ranari_Kai
  • Like 2

Heaven's Vault

Le49c75.png

EU Version: 220 Owners

NA Version: 111 Owners

(Stats correct as of 1 November 2020)

Heaven's Vault is an exploration/point-and-click adventure game.

You play the role of Aliya who has been tasked with finding the missing roboticist, Janniqi Renba.

Explore the Nebula, discovering new Ancient sites and unearthing Ancient relics.

Guide (by me): Heaven's Vault Trophy Guide

I can't recommend this game enough.

The trophies do look a little daunting and more than one playthrough is required. It's all worth it, I promise!

Heaven's Vault is very story/exploration heavy and it's wonderful to step into Aliya's shoes.

The game features its own ancient language that you can learn and translate as you play. The more you learn, the more you uncover.

The graphics are lush, the soundtrack is beautiful and the voice acting is decent.

Give it a go! You might be pleasantly surprised!

My DMs are open if you want to ask questions or need help with any of the trophies.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

GoNNER, with only 722 registered players. It’s a very fun action-platformer/rogue-like. While item progress is reset each time you boot up the game, the progression is personal, and will carry you further than any item in the game, though the items do help. The movement is incredibly fluid, and the game just feels great to play. It’s on the harder side, but it is very rewarding for those who stick with it!

The benefit of playing through a lot of indie games, is that every so often you come across some gems (granted there are plenty of duds).

I'd definitely recommend the following, which I consider to be some of the most underrated and underappreciated games out there:

• Livelock ( 3,656 ) . isometric twin stick shooter. Not particularly challenging, but still fun
  • Dex ( 2,579 ) - side-scrolling Action-RPG in a cyberpunk setting
  • Lost Dimension ( 719 ) - one of hte best JRPGs I've played
  • Yesterday Origins ( 3,943 ) - a neat point-and-click, sort of like a more serious Broken Sword
  • Serial Cleaner ( 2,610 ) - cleaning up crime scenes, the game
  • Silence ( 2,480  ) - a really cool fantasy point-and-click
  • Jydge1,068  ) - twin stick shooter that gets increasingly difficult, but is well-balanced
  • The Solus Project ( 2,460  ) - Mystery/Sc-fi survival game (has VR)
  • Whispering Willows ( 4,765 ) - 2D Puzzle horror game
  • The Long Reach ( 2,654 ) - 2D horror point-and-click
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth ( 880 ) - VN (to be fair a bit dull in that regard), but one of the most fun tactical RPGs I've come across
  • Detention ( 807 ) - Tawanese horror game, one of the best indie horror games hands down
  • Beholder ( 1,741 ) - A sim with a really dark undertone and story
  • The Pillars of the Earth ( 2,107 ) A really solid point-and-click
  • Lost Sphear ( 4,586 ) It's beyond me how this Square Enix RPG has not found more love. It's great.
  • Forgotton Anne ( 2,620 ) - 2D puzzle platformer that is beautiful
  • Bear with Me ( 1,212 ) - A noir-esque point-and-click with some dark humour
  • Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs ( 588 ) - Tactical RPG with phenomenal voiec-acting across the board. Realy good game.
  • Rise of Insanity ( 200 ) - Solid indie horror game. Sort of a lesser Layers of Fear. A bit on the short side
  • God's Trigger ( 816 ) - A very cool top-down twin stick shooter/slasher. It's a lot of fun.
  • The Suicide of Rachel Foster ( 361 ) - It's a mystery walking sim. A bit short, but has an intersting story
Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

The Deponia series, which has 4 games. Even if the first game has well over 14k owners, the other ones fell into this category. I just can't recommend this tetralogy enough, it's probably one of the best point & click out there, and an hilarious one, too.

Edited by shary96
  • Like 1

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

I'm not really a 2D platformer guy these days, but this game is so charming it's almost impossible not to love. It's a tough one, too - has the difficulty of classic titles, without the BS that makes them so clunky and frustrating at times. I haven't finished this one myself, but it's a really, really solid title all around.

• Like 1