That One Bloody Trophy!

For me it is the Fallout4 trophy where you have to get 100% settlement happiness. Last one I needed for the platinum. Hours I left the game sitting at 99% just waiting and eventually gave up. I'd finished everything else so I just sold the game. 

Then was the last diablo grind I just couldn't bring myself to waste any more of my life on, but this one really irritated me. 

Any memorable trophies that you just couldn't get? Perhaps that last one that would have given you the platinum or 100% 

Upgrading all weapons in final Fantasy XIII is a classic example. I could go back and get it, and it would give me the platinum, but it would take so long it would mean somewhere there is an entire game I would never play as a result.

I'm at peace with it.

Drakengard 3. The Ending D trophy. It required you to complete an 8 minute long rhythm game with no checkpoints. I used a YouTube vid to help out and still couldn't do it. Unlocking it would've unlocked the rest of the content I needed to complete the platinum with some simple grinding. It has an 18% rare, so it's not even super rare apparently. I'm a little embarrassed.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Spoat said:

Drakengard 3. The Ending D trophy. It required you to complete an 8 minute long rhythm game with no checkpoints. I used a YouTube vid to help out and still couldn't do it. Unlocking it would've unlocked the rest of the content I needed to complete the platinum with some simple grinding. It has an 18% rare, so it's not even super rare apparently. I'm a little embarrassed.

Currently experiencing similar in SK Bon a petite. Haven't quite given upon it yet but... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Currently experiencing similar in SK Bon a petite. Haven't quite given upon it yet but... 

Just thinking about going back and trying gives me a sympathetic response. Maybe one day I'll work up the nerve. Good luck with yours!

For me its ? Disk space full from Watchdogs. u need to colect songs but a few are 100% randomized and luck based. spent 16 hours running around the city to try and get the song by hacking it of random pedestrians but didnt got it and just gave up

• Like 1

I mentioned this a few times before, but... WipEout HD - the Elite Campaign. I think I used all the excuses why I can’t do it (maybe I just suck), however some I can work around. Like controller - got a new one, or enemy shooting the crap outta you - don’t fully upgrade the game.

• Like 1

Technically, the reports (and by extension, the trophy for Fantastic rating in Ice Cream Beat) in Birth By Sleep, because of Ice Cream Beat.  Screw that minigame and all it stands for.  I tried doing it all for one character, and just could not get it done.  So for the other two, I wouldn't be able to get it in the end.

I don't think I need to explain these trophies to anybody.

Super Meat Boy - Cotton Alley (Girl Boy, Impossible Boy)

21L8e08fc.png22L66ab10.png

Made several attempts on these trophies since they are the only ones I have left for the platinum. Gave up a number of times only to try again some time later.

Eventually I'll get them by practicing for long enough but yeah. Possibly looking at spending 20 - 30 hours, maybe more just to get these.

• Like 3

Rogue Legacy's 15 deaths trophy. Shovel Knight's speedrun trophy. Downwell's Hardmode Boss trophy. Gungeon's Lich trophy. That's four platinums right there that all require just the one trophy and I haven't had any luck with any of them so far. Also the Completionist trophy in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. It's all I need but god damn the walking speed is so freakin' slow I'm not sure I'll ever bother with it.

Oh and the one trophy in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f on Vita which requires the camera, my camera doesn't work for whatever reason so I can't get the plat.

• Like 1

Ico

OLtNrJP.png

:gold: - Castle Guide

Beat the game within two hours

Outwith Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 and a couple of Metal Gear games, I can't speedrun for shit so the chances of me getting this were so low that I can't even complain at not being able to do it. That said I'm going to go ahead and place some blame on Yorda since I couldn't get her to behave at the graveyard on my second attempt (or any attempt in fact) which came in at an agonizing 2 hours 57 seconds. I gave it a couple of more tries before I accepted defeat with as much dignity and grace as I could muster. 

• Like 2

Off the Top of my head, the Titanfall 2 gauntlet run to end up on the top 3 ranking

I haven't tried again in a while, but I used to try for 30 mins-1 hour every day because if I tried longer I would've just broken my controller, the TV and everything in my field of view.

I have a few of them.

Rogue Legacy - Any of the trophies for the remixed bosses, as well as the 15 deaths or fewer run.

The Unfinished Swan - Minimalist - "Reach the Watchtower without throwing more than 3 balls." I tried to get this one but just couldn't seem to make it work, even with a guide telling me the exact steps. Granted, I didn't give it very many tries, so maybe I'll go back to it one day to get this to 100%.

Hotline Miami Get A Life - "Get A+ on all the chapters" I'm just not good enough at this game to perfect the combo kills and speed needed for this trophy, so I fear it'll remain ever out of my reach, taunting me. I also still need 60 To Car - "Go to the car 60 times" but that one would definitely come naturally while going for the other one.

Limbo - No Point in Dying - "Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths" I could probably get this one, but I'm afraid I'd put in multiple hours into a session, only to screw up near the end.

Mirror's Edge - Pretty much all the Time Trial and Speedrun related trophies, except Prologue and Chapter 1. They just have too little room for error. Luckily, the ones in Catalyst proved to be much easier, and I was able to get the plat there just a couple weeks ago.

And, pretty much any multiplayer trophy in a single-player game. Assassin's Creed, Batman: Arkham Origins, GTA IV. I keep intending to find a boosting session and grind these out, but the multiplayer modes always feel tacked on (in my opinion) and just never appeal to me enough to sit down and play it. It also doesn't help that they tend to have extremely tedious level grind trophies. It also doesn't help that I tend to be a bit more of a solitary gamer and don't care much for competitive multiplayer in general (with a few exceptions).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

For me it is the Fallout4 trophy where you have to get 100% settlement happiness. Last one I needed for the platinum. Hours I left the game sitting at 99% just waiting and eventually gave up. I'd finished everything else so I just sold the game. 

Sorry to tell you this, but that trophy's super easy. Each pommel horse increases by happiness by at least 1%, so you just build a bunch of them and the trophy pops after some time when the happiness is recalculated.

6 hours ago, Spoat said:

Same boat. No need to feel embarrassed either as it's one of the most bullshit bosses out there. Not to mention the most ridiculous aspect to the boss is the fact that you need to sync an external video to your game in order to stand a .01% chance. Snobby ass "music students" in some of the youtube video comments I've seen make one wish they could reach through the screen. ? "well to anyone who took a music class recognizes it as this kind of note and should be able to do it with their eyes closed" <-fuckwads.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

Sorry to tell you this, but that trophy's super easy. Each pommel horse increases by happiness by at least 1%, so you just build a bunch of them and the trophy pops after some time when the happiness is recalculated.

Pommel horse? It that something they added in an update? I had the season pass but sold the game before anything substantial released... I could always take a save to my mates house I guess as he has it. I would like to get this one off from around my neck... 

43 minutes ago, pyrotempestwing said:

This seems like the same general idea.

But as I posted there, It was the trophy for getting all the DigiCards in Digimon All-Star Rumble. I had to take a few months off the game just so I would be willing to finish it. It was also that last trophy I needed in that game.

I gave up on Digimon Cyber Sleuth at the final grind. Just couldn't bring myself to finish that either. Especially as I seem to remember needing to save scum, which is another thing I hate doing. 

4 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Ico

OLtNrJP.png

Yeah, I really dislike speedruns (looking at you resident evil) 

5 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Ico

OLtNrJP.png

Outwith Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 and a couple of Metal Gear games, I can't speedrun for shit so the chances of me getting this were so low that I can't even complain at not being able to do it. That said I'm going to go ahead and place some blame on Yorda since I couldn't get her to behave at the graveyard on my second attempt (or any attempt in fact) which came in at an agonizing 2 hours 57 seconds. I gave it a couple of more tries before I accepted defeat with as much dignity and grace as I could muster. 

I feel your pain.  This trophy caused me immense stress and frustration. 

For me even though I haven't unlocked it yet will be the shadows rushed me.  Max Payne 3. I'm a few chapters away from unlocking the mode but can already tell I'll be next to useless.  Plus I'll be a nervous wreck.  

Edited by closertim

8 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

For me its 1f3c6.png Disk space full from Watchdogs. u need to colect songs but a few are 100% randomized and luck based. spent 16 hours running around the city to try and get the song by hacking it of random pedestrians but didnt got it and just gave up

Wasn't there some specific area near a harbour where you had a high chance of getting that one missing song there? I read it in a guide somewhere after searching for a good long while on my own and got it within minutes there. I don't remember the exact details, it's been too long for the colander that is my brain to come up with something more substantial. But it might be worth googling and taking one final shot at it perhaps.

A few for me...

1. Vanquish - Tactical Challenger Complete all of the Tactical Challenges in VANQUISH. I cannot even count how many times I've tried that last challenge. Got so close a few times but never beat it.

2. Darksiders - Aerial Predator Kill 160 enemies while on the angelic beast. This one hurts a lot as it seems so easy. Played through Darksiders twice, once on PS3 and another on the PS4 Warmastered edition. Both games are at 98% with this one trophy in the way. No matter how many times I replayed the section needed to get it, I just cannot hit 160.

3. God of War - I'll Take the Physical Challenge Complete the Challenge of the Gods. This one, and the same for God of War II, are specific to the PS Vita versions only. Had no issues as all getting this on the PS3 HD collection, but on the Vita I always end up changing my weapons at the most inopportune time by accidentally hitting the touch screen. Ended up getting through the entire single player game dealing with it, but during the challenges it ends up being my downfall.

4. God of War II - Bleeding Thumbs Complete the Challenge of the Titans. See above.

5. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus* - Mein leben Beat the game on "Mein leben" difficulty. Going to add an (*) next to this one, as technically I am 3 trophies short to a Platinum, but they are all the difficulty specific ones and the fact that they stack, all I would need to do is finish the Mein leben setting. After hours of frustration, on just the first level, I deemed it was not worth it.

• Like 1