BREAKING NEWS Sony rewards are not giving points for earning trophies anymore.

tlal_q8_22

Always wish we had something like this in the UK. Can't miss it myself of course, but sucks for those who could take advantage. As long as they keep trophies going indefinitely that's what I care about. I'd be seriously pissed and a little depressed if they didn't have trophies next gen as a result of cross play or some other rubbish making it impractical. 

1 minute ago, ryan32289 said:

Neither is here on PSN which has it's many flaws comparing to Xbox One X's superior amenities

Hate to break it to you but  the only thing that's better is the slight graphical bump you get from the X. I was referring to the fact that if you're going to Xbox because there is no longer a  trophy rewards program on PSN you'll be sad to find out that Xbox Rewards aren't very good either lol.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Maybe change the requirements to every 10 Rare to Ultra Rare Platinum are eligible for a $10 PSN Code. 

Or every 50 platinums you can redeem for a 10 code. Just a little bonus for something you made do anyways.

On PSN, every trophy is rare - ultra rare :P 

i knew about it several days ago. i did maximize my deal and got well over 10 of those currency rewards over the year only thing i could cash out on was gold trophy's anyway so it wasn't a huge loss.

i found out that if you have played on playstation for 5 years you unlock a few avatars (nothing really special).

Edited by kingdrake2

5 hours ago, ryan32289 said:

This is why I'm going to Xbox

Uh.. so the rewards program was relatively new. Meaning we didnt have it from the beginning - its something they tried and it got abused.  If THAT is your reason for leaving, dont let the door hit you on the way out

To clarify, this is at least twice I've seen you say you're leaving, so why are you still here?

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 3

Never cared for the Rewards System.

I think the point in gaming is to have fun. Trophies are just the icing on the cake for me, sure they're fun to go after and all but that really shouldn't be the reason why we play games.

For those who earned good money from this system, good for you. I think Sony only released it in America just to see how it turned out, and since people abused it, they probably felt it wasn't a good idea to keep it going.

Didn't last long, but it's another one of Sony's failures that got sent back to the drawing board. Like the Playstation Move they tried pushing on gamers during last gen, I always thought that was a mere gimmick.

It's so funny to me that people are so quick to blame "abusers" rather than the real villain...Sony.

Sure abusers were probably a thing. But this just reeks of the usual corporate greed that plagues this country. Sony released a program, where they didn't realize how many people would take advantage of it (even though Sony themselves were the ones to express that trophy hunters only make up about 1% of their entire user base), then canned it when they realized it was something benefiting the consumer more than the business. They took their ball back because we were having too much fun with it. 

Once I finish out these trophies passes, I'll definitely be done with Sony Rewards. It took way too long to amass 1000 points before the trophy passes were in place...so it's back to not paying it any mind anymore. 

• Like 2

Sony rewards take so long to earn and then they expire before you get to anything worth anything. I got a $4 movie from it once, and that's all I was ever able to afford. Had to get something or the points would expire. 

For the person who wanted to switch to Xbox, the rewards program isn't so great there either. The Xbox One X is great if you want the best 4k graphics for console, and the Xbox One is awesome in general for its backwards compatability, but aside from those two things it's all personal preference after that.

I prefer the PS4 because it's more comfortable for me and I don't like how Xbox completely changes their interface every 6 months forcing me to relearn how to navigate to find anything. The Xbox controllers are a little more ergonomic but only if you don't have tiny hands; my thumbs start to ache after a while. Playstation is more familiar for me, plus I like their trophy system and how I have a record of all the games I have played, so aside from my two years of ESO on the Xbox the Playstation is where I play everything. 

Well this sucks, but I guess I'll survive. Managed to get $20 out of it and if I keep my in-progress passes (like they say) I can get another $20 by Nov '19. :P

But if they do get rid of the trophy passes they should get rid of the expiration date for points too cause it's really hard to earn points any other way and the whole thing is just pointless (pun intended?).

I do agree tho that this should have been a thing for everyone else too around the world.

Edited by DizzyDavidson