Hardest Platinum?

I would say Fairy Fencer F. Not difficult because of skill, but grinding those 10,000 enemies was excruciatingly repetitive.

Similarly, I am working on the platinum for Omega Quintet. It isn't difficult, but it is made by the same company iirc so it has the bogus "grind until you die" trophies. Luckily, I learned from my Fairy Fencer F pain and developed a strategy. Now when I grind for the platinum, I usually call my grandmother, who is very talkative. It takes my mind off of how boring it is.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think, its hardest platinum road. 

I have platinum from granturismo sport and it was 2 more difficult, I need 361 Hours for it. 

Trackmania turbo I play about 30-40 hours and I got last 10 tracks for platinum.. So 

100 people 100 Opinions.. 

Edited by RostakBK

I look at Super Meat Boy and Crypt of the Necrodancer and my jaw just drops considering the time investment you must make to really play it enough to nail down the game mechanics and then from there, truly have to master them in order to earn the platinum trophy. I also have a lot of respect for humongous time investments of 100+ hour games. Especially if they're more on the obscure end. 

I am not sure it was a toss up between Ys VIII on PS Vita because the boss on Nightmare difficulty near the end the one that looks like a dragon was a real struggle for me to kill. Since you only had the character Dana to use and she is fixed at a low level with level 0 weapons or something like that. 

Or Valkyrie Drive on PS Vita in the challenge mode because of this Delude action you had to perform plus the suped up version of every character i found really difficult too.

But if i had to pick one i would say Valkyrie Drive as it was a more rewarding platinum in terms of difficulty to achieve for me personally. 

On 12/20/2018 at 1:10 PM, Nighcisama said:

In terms of skill required, clearly "Against All Odds" from Oddworld, that one had me sweating quite a few times. 

That was my first platinum and I don't really remember it being too bad. What did you have difficulty with?

Personally my answer is probably Star Wars Battlefront. Those Master missions were a pain in the ass.

29 minutes ago, LordShavron said:

That was my first platinum and I don't really remember it being too bad. What did you have difficulty with?

The new 'n' hasty gold trophy was the one that had me sweating. Sure the game is not exactly easy on hard mode with everything insta killing you, but speedruns are a big weakness for me. I am not bad at that kind of game, I also can practice a level quite well and deliver great performances for several minutes, but if I have to be on top of my game for almost 3 hours straight, then I am getting problems. Not only do you have to speedrun through a tricky game here, but rescue every Mudokon as well, which means you have to remember stuff to save time and you lose time whenever these suicidal fucks kill themselves. Long speedruns just aren't my kind of thing, that is why this gave me more troubles that it should have.

Now that your reply made me go through my games once more, I am just realising that I don't really have difficult platinums. Oddworld is rated 6/10 here, it is my only 6, the only completed game I have that is rated higher is The Witcher 3 with 7/10, and no idea what made anyone give the game that high of a number. That is really something I should focus on once I have reduced my impressive backlog, I will get to the backlog after finally getting a ultra grindy platinum in a few days.

Edited by Nighcisama

2 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

The new 'n' hasty gold trophy was the one that had me sweating. Sure the game is not exactly easy on hard mode with everything insta killing you, but speedruns are a big weakness for me. I am not bad at that kind of game, I also can practice a level quite well and deliver great performances for several minutes, but if I have to be on top of my game for almost 3 hours straight, then I am getting problems. Not only do you have to speedrun through a tricky game here, but rescue every Mudokon as well, which means you have to remember stuff to save time and you lose time whenever these suicidal fucks kill themselves. Long speedruns just aren't my kind of thing, that is why this gave me more troubles that it should have.

Unless they've changed how it works you don't have to play the game straight through for the speed run trophy. You could play through chapters from the chapter select section, and it will keep your best time. Once your cumulative time was less than three hours you just had to replay the last chapter to get the trophy.

• 4 months later...

Super Meat Boy for sure. Countless times I almost abandoned it but began noticing I was getting better and it was becoming easier the more I played so didn’t want to give up.

People say AKUMU on The Evil Within is hardest but not really when you consider the checkpoints. If you died you learned from it and eventually got to the next checkpoint.

Dead Space 2 was tough too because it was the most stressful! 3 saves and panicking every time you got near your next save point that you were gonna mess up. I was always terrified of doing something stupid at the last minute.

The sweaty hands and heart pounding in your chest the whole time playing games like these is what makes gaming such a thrill. It’s a great buzz when you unlock that really tough plat! ?

• Like 1

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinite Duel

It's a easy plat but I'm not very good at fighting games. I had so much trouble with a few trophies that I had to put the game down for almost 3 years. I came back to it with a vengeance and was able to earn the last few trophies in a 2-hour struggle.

• Like 1