Hardest Platinum?

21 hours ago, ShesTheBlade said:

What has been the hardest platinum you've ever gotten? Mine has been Demons Souls, hands down! With The Surge coming in heavy for second place. lol.

What about you guys?

For me -
Wolfenstein 2
Outlast 2
Evil within 1

And in the future SMB :P

• Like 1

If this is just about PS4 then it's

M5bcd43.png

If it's about either PS system then it's a tie between

Mffb15f.png

and

M78ed87.png

Both took a lot of time but GT5 was even harder as i had to win the Vettel Challenges on my own :(  Bf was boosted for the online awards so only grinding 10k kills were done mostly on my own which was hard but less bad than those GT special races...

• Like 1

Personally I've always disliked when people have personally asked me this question because it always comes with expectations, people have seen your profile and ask you 'what's your hardest game' they're looking for you to say the games they think are the hardest and if you don't, it's like you're somehow saying that they're easy and thus you're trying to be an egomaniac or whatever. Either that or they want something that generally is considered easier than something they've played for the 'my epeen is bigger than yours'.

I think there's so many factors to what truly makes a hardest completion for a person, it's easy to just say your rarest achievement or pick the one most people rate 10/10 etc. but I find it comes down not only to stuff that's personally more difficult for you but also the time of your gaming life in which you did it and how you went about it. You could do a game that's considered easy on easy mode, but decided to play on hard, even though there's no achievements for difficulty, or you could play an easy-ish game but it's the first time you ever touched the genre etc. and maybe you've played objectively 'harder' games afterwards but improved at the genre enough in that time that it's not 'hard' for you at that later time.

Many who ask me always expect either Injustice (PS4) as its my rarest by percentage or Super Meat Boy because of their reputations. The game I consider my hardest actually doesn't even come to people's minds, it's Grid 2, and this is where the context comes into play... Not only did I do everything start to finish on the hardest difficulty (as I do with any game) but it was also the first real driving game (aside from kart racers and the like) I've ever really played. I did play NFS:U on PS2 a little bit, can't remember if it had a difficulty selection but odds are I'd have stuck with normal, I had GT4 which I played for all of 5 minutes. Aside from kart racers like CTR/MK/DKR and games like WipEout/FZero I've never given racers a crack. Since then I've improved massively and can take on harder racing games with much more ease and could probably eat Grid 2 for breakfast, but, there's no point just thinking how you could do a game NOW, but instead, how it was at the time you did it, and for me, Grid 2 was the hardest completion, it took the most effort from my part.

• Like 3

Uhhh... I'm kinda new here (first trophy 3 months ago), so my collection of plats is pretty small...

Rarest that i have atm is Rayman Origins, but except for few Time Trials game was really easy for me, and even those didn't made me dedicate more than 20 minutes.

Imo it would be Sound Shapes. Yeah... Just for Death Mode alone. I hope i'll have something harder to brag about in 2019, lol

Looking through my trophy list has made me realise how much of a scrub i am :) I dont really have any super hard ones. I tend to start games and just get distracted. I

I would say the uncharted games. The first game i got stuck on the last boss forever not sure why it took me so long.. And the 2nd one i remember getting stuck on the bit where you in the rail yard..

I am going to make more of a effort to finish a few more harder games in 2019. 

• 2 weeks later...

The hardest platinum trophy I´ve obtained so far was The Evil Within 1 on Akumu difficulty.

It was so frustrating and hellish that sometimes I had thoughts to throw the controller against the floor, because it was very hard.

when everything around you can kill you in one hit and you has to be repeating over and over again the same part of the scenario.

It was a horrible but satysfying experience.

521462061.jpg

• Like 1