Hardest Platinum?

Sound Shapes, I've never come so close to breaking a controller before, one of the only games I've had to actually take a break from weeks at a time to calm down.

Thief gets an honourable mention just for being a slog of a game. I've never seen such a badly designed map mechanic in a game that had the audacity to have collectibles AND secret areas you had to collect that had no stat tracker.

A map that changes depending on what height you're at, has no waypoint system and has multiple entrances and exits to certain areas of the map that aren't actually on the map so you need to memorise the whole damn thing. Hated it.

• Like 1

I'd go with either Mortal Kombat or Ghostbusters. MK9 had some very difficult and/or time consuming trophies, I'm thinking specifically of I'm Not Dead Yet, My Kung Fu is Stronger and Outstanding (before I discovered the USB trick, I must have lost a few 3-5 win streaks up until then). Ghostbusters wasn't necessarily hard per se but I struggled for a long time with the Azetlor boss on Professional difficulty and then again with the stone angel assault in the Cemetery level. Some of the online trophies were pretty tough too, but fortunately for me I found a couple of other guys who knew what they were doing and we all got 100% within a couple of weeks. Despite getting the plat I'm still gutted the servers went offline; I genuinely enjoyed the multiplayer experience and would return to it in a heartbeat if it ever came back. Wishful thinking.

Although it had no platinum, I'd also throw in MK Arcade Collection, for the completion of MK2. I never was especially good at the original games, but the MK2 ladder I've always found extremely tedious and difficult. 

Hmm hard to decide i would say going by personal opinion it would be either Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or Vanquish.

If going by % my hardest would then be FEAR 2  at 0.81% (might soon change if i plat Deception 4 TNP which currently is at 0.48%)

Or if going by # of achievers then it would be Arcana Heart Love Max with only 15 people who have achieved the plat.

#1: Lost Planet 2
It was a very long journey where I lost my data/progress by 70%. So I had to do a 2nd Run with WR in the end of 2015. Also Internet issues made things hard for me. You get hard punished for leaving the online play. I got like 40% kicks from the bad connection and no exp. because of punishments...

#2: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Well I love these challenges and was happy to beat the 2 hardest VR-missions. Recently I played the DLC's to 100% and I have to say it was worth to buy it. I think the DLC-trophies are easier to get, between ;)

#3: Dark Souls 2
I played it completely offline and the farming for the sunmedals was pain in the ass for about 15 hours. On my 3rd playthrough with that farming I was holding about 3,6 Mio Souls in hand to go through the winter shrine o.O Later I pushed my character with 20 lvl at once (194 to 214)

#4: Wipeout HD
You know the hardest parts here. Arcade 100% and beating Zico

I am on the way for SSFIV plat (already have Trial Athlete), GT5
and starting soon Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Still I need harder games :P

Edit: Updated a bit, corrections

Edited by Dennis-nine-five
  • Like 3

Probably Blazblue Calamity Trigger as I am not an experienced player at fighters. Was fun to do though, despite getting obliterated by Unlimited Ragna a bunch of times. u_u

FFX and Dark Cloud 2 were hard, not because they were difficult, but more because it became increasingly hard to test my patience with those grinds.

1 Far Cry 2 - makes you wanna cry for real

2 FIFA 10 - one of online silver trophies required to have exactly 20 people in match until it ended and also it was glitched on top of that so few other people in session wouldnt get it.

3 FIFA 13 -  it had a purely lucky based trophy in UT where you needed to get a player of the week in the cards, I gotit more than a year and few million coins later.

4 FIFA Street - It required that you win 9 online cups in a row for each weekend if you couldnt win a particular cup you had to wait for 9 weeks later to give it another try.

5 Call of Duty WAW - first platinum

Mercenaries: World in Flames

Ferrari Challenge etc.

Every single platinum I have has been an easy one just about. Only troubling one was Batman: Arkham Asylum, getting the scores for those challenges (Rumble in the Jungle and Shock and Awe) was a real pain, probably had to retry at least 50 times before I finally got the rhythm down. Both Arkham City and Arkham Knight have better flow and options for combat, your combo doesn't disappear as quickly as it does in Asylum.

LA Noire just takes up a bit of time, film reels are completely pointless and I had to use a guide for the Car Fanatic trophy. Challenge #10 in God of War is definitely difficult due to satyrs throwing you out of the circle platform, the fact I finished it twice is something that not too many people could handle probably.

So yeah, I've had it pretty easy compared to you guys.