Hardest Platinum?

Katamari Forever... Cowbear (and to a lesser extent, Devil Kataoka) was a pain, along with the Enormous Katamari. Was a real relief to finally be done with those

(Even though Littlebigplanet Vita has a rarer plat that has more to do with lots of online trophies - including collectibles that can only be gotten through 2-player - than actual difficulty)

Edited by Zanreo

My Name is Mayo XD.... 

In all seriousness, GTA V. None of the requirements are super hard if you have a guide, but the grind to get all the collectibles and gold medals is very time consuming. Also, finding people to do the shooting range with for “Numero Uno” was tougher than expected. 

I also only have 11 plats lol

Can't really think of anything "extreme" hard I did this year.

However the most stressful platinum was definitely The Evil Within 2

Hardest trophy I can think of was no doubt

Crash Bandicoot - The Lost treasure DLC

40-gold.pngAn Ancient Antiquity - Speed run a certain level in x amount of time

Edited by Deluziion90
typo

This by far the worst

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (Played on PS4 and Vita) this game F**kin BS trophy for the Chocobo Race in 0:0:0 time and defeating Dark Yojimbo oh my god okay this is the worst one now i think about it. Not only are the controls for the chocobo mini game just totally utter garbage since your literally fighting against the controller to run straight if you do not get the headstart you are screwed countless hours over the course of days just for this trophy on my morning commute to work or way home (PS Vita)  to doing it on my PS4 just hours lost trying for this trophy. Then Dark Yojimbo what a horrible super boss this boss after about 3 turns roughly uses an ability called "Zanmato" (your Aeon can also use it) one hit with this and your entire party falls Auto-Life does not work any recovery magic will not work any ability or accessory that allows a last stand does not work you are literally f**ked. Then on top of that you have to beat him FIVE CONSECUTIVE TIMES!!! WTF the game designer who put this in needs to be fired took me years i never achieved it on the PS2 but this when it happened i nearly cried with joy. Only annoying thing after this was the grind to max out the sphere grind and capturing all fiends to fight them in the Monster Arena.

Honourable mentions 

Mercenaries 2: World In Flames due to its super glitchy nature, collectables not registering, or online mode is dead and had to be boosted and again being glitchy because you have to do more than what it says. 

Killzone: Mercenary this game made me rage during the Hard Mode and Online mode and some of the contracts just because 1. none of the online trophies that require you to actually play online matches would ever happen through normal play the weapon requirements for some trophies (looking at you M2 Tranqlizer) no players ever use cordinated boosting had to happen to get this done. On top of that the final boss on hard mode and a few stealth stages just made me angry other than that only thing i found problematic were some of the speed run challenges .

For me it's between two games:

Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits:

Overall the game was easy, but two trophies in particular made this extremely hard. You Play It Well and Bloody Feet are among some of the hardest trophies i've ever gotten.. I'd been playing drums for 6 years at the point of getting Bloody Feet and I still had a really hard time with it because of the game's tendency to drop notes randomly, that and the stock drum kits that are bundled with the game aren't the most reliable, especially on Expert +. You Play It Well was also difficult for the same reason, most of the solo you had to 100% made use of the games tapping mechanic and anyone who has played that game understands how finicky trying to 100% a tapping section was. I know some might argue that earning 4 stars on Through The Fire And Flames on Expert would be harder but if you'd played Guitar Hero 3 to death at that point it would come naturally, which is what happened for me :P It was one of my first platinums and still one of my proudest.

Super Meat Boy:

For obvious reasons, trying to complete the entirety of what people regard as one of the hardest games ever made is a feat of insanity. Half the battle is mainly learning the game and becoming consistent with it, the next half is playing perfect because that's literally what you need to do, there is no room for error whatsoever when it comes to those no-death trophies. I've played a lot of platformers before but none of that experience prepared me for this game. This game sort of influenced me to play and attempt some more difficult platinum trophies once I completed it so I guess I have that to thank it for :P 

And some other difficult Platinum trophies i've gotten in the past:

Injustice (PS4):

S.T.A.R Labs wasn't as hard as people say it was, minus 9-10 extremely annoying missions. The main difficulty came from completing battle mode, Beating arcade on Max difficulty is what makes this platinum so difficult to get.

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe:

The Kombo challenges were actually the most enjoyable part of this game for me, and also the most difficult thing I had beaten at the time. I had to beat every single one 3 times, as the first time my save file was lost, the second time I had only Raiden & Shang Tsung remaining and then my first PS3 got the YLOD and again to get the trophy for completing them all.

Rock Band 3:

It wasn't really difficult, it was a pretty easy platinum.. The only thing is that you have to spend around £300+ to get every controller you need to get it.. so there's that :P 

Mega Man 10:

This doesn't have a platinum, but completing the whole game, even with save states without getting hit by anything was just asking a bit too much of the player, especially on the second to last level where you had to fight all 8 robot masters and 2 forms of Dr.Wily without taking a single hit.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

Super Meat Boy. When I played it for the first I thought that its platinum was out of reach to me, so I took a long break before giving it another try. Upon earning one no-death trophy I decided to took another break to play other games that were less painful to plat. I decided to revisit the game this year and I did not stop playing it until platting it. I was so closed to earn the last deathless trophy more than once but accidental and non-accidental mistakes prevented me from that, despite that I kept playing the game and practice and persistence paid off in the end. Now I know I could plat the game in a matter of days of I play it on another account.

Platting this game made me realize I can plat/100% any game without glitched or multiplayer trophies.

• Like 1

Wolfenstein: The New Order - Finishing it on ÜBER mode. 999 mode helped a lot.

Far Cry 3 - Only because I coundn't get the online mode to connect for a month. And when I did it took me an entire night to get though the campaign. It glitched out with two chapters to go so I had to redo the whole thing. Annoying.

Assassin's Creed III - Win a game of Fanorona, Morris and Bowls on the Homestead. Yeah Morris is pure evil. Thankfully there are computer programs that can help you win a game.

Also Completionist trophy is annoying since Delivery Request missions don't tell you where to find them and doesn't keep track of what missions you finished. I had to keep notes for all of them.

Assassin's Creed Revelations - Impress Warren Vidic.  It took me months to finally get this. Now I can do it blindfolded. ?

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Online grinding, just so much grinding.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune - Like Ass Creed 4 it's a Grindfest.

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

I'd like to mention these three:

Grand Theft Auto IV - The collectibles and the online made this a chore to complete in the end. The pigeons were the worst and the horrible win all multiplayer modes made my overall completion time take 7 years to platinum. I still like the game but what a chore!

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: - Unfair A.I...very unfair and unforgiving. Even on easy difficulty the later missions were hairsplitting. The final two for the Rising Sun took me several retries to find the right method to avoid being destroyed quickly. I had several angry sessions yelling at the incompetence of my co-commander. I highly recommend co-op for anyone going for the platinum. 

The Sims 3: Pets - Glitches, glitches galore! What a broken game. Nothing wanted to work. Crashes, freezes, save file corruption, slowness...such a disappointment for a series that I've grown up with. I lost my original save file halfway through the game and had to start again to get the platinum. Avoid at all costs even if you like the Sims and play The Sims 3 or The Sims 4 instead

Digimon All-Star Rumble. Not because it’s a hard game, mind you, it’s just so grindy that it took a psychological toll on me. Even my very strong will was broken, so I had to take a few months off so I could enjoy it again. Oh, and between the penultimate and ultimate trophies (for me at least) was 60+ hours of pure gameplay, grinding for bits to buy DigiCards.

It would have to be Prototype, a fun and interesting game until you try Hard mode and some of those challenges,  then it can turn into frustration and rage (not too much though). Sometimes I remember the feeling of seeing that Platinum pop from time to time and think just how satisfying it was to finally complete it. 

My "hardest" platinum was probably J-Stars Victory VS+, not in term of pure difficulty because the game is easy but it was so tedious going through this game 4 times in a row. The gameplay was boring and repetitive and the characters were so unbalanced that I had to spam the same combo again and again with some of the characters to beat the AI quickly. 

In term of difficulty I have no idea for my hardest platinum but my hardest 100% is without a doubt Ninja Gaiden 3. The main game isn't too difficult but some of the DLC missions were ridiculously difficult for various reason. (Glitched, latency with my online partners ...) 

Edited by itachi-destroyer