Hardest Platinum?

On 12/14/2017 at 11:45 PM, Bilpe said:

I'm going to have to go with the Chronicles of Riddick.  The campaign was damn hard, plus there were collectibles.  Also the online grinding.  All these together made it quite the challenge.

Getting 10000 kills and 1000 wins is the ultimate test in patience.

In terms of tedium and time consuming platinums, Tales of Symphonia. Due to changes from the Gamecube version, you have to play the game almost half a dozen times to get everything.

In terms of difficulty, El Shaddai. Beating the fallen angels without recovering is no small feat. Getting G rank on every chapter on hard or higher took a lot of practice.

twisted metal for the fact i got the stupid game day 1, they took down the website which then locked out the custom skins, which then made i impossible for me to enter a match ever again on my own. wiped all my stats out when i only had 2 trophies left and had to redo all the multiplayer kills and wins again once i figured out a way to get into matches

1 minute ago, StoRmAreA said:

i would say FFX, because of the chocobo shit

Full respect, love Final Fantasy and 10 is one of the best! Going very slowly through that journey myself lol

On topic - Modnation Racers Vita was tough because of the amount of time (and boredom) boosting the XP needed through downloads, but SSX was quite a challenge considering. Some of those runs were pretty tough and had to put in a lot of practice, but was very satisfying to platinum :)

Looking through my list, I wouldn't say any of my plats are all that hard... just time consuming. Probably my best ones are:

GTA IV - Very grindy... so many collectibles and the online was a total grind fest. Strangely enjoyed it though!

GTA V - Much like above, just less grindy. The online you could do any number of things to pick up XP so it wasn't bad at all.

LBP Vita - A few tricky bits, I think the tough part about this one was the motivation to hold down on my vita screen for a combined 24 hours.

Destiny - Only due to Epic Raider, replayed Vault of Glass a ridiculous number of times... but really enjoyed the group I was trying it with. Ironically, we did it on one of our worst runs (had to kill 2 Gorgons and had a few lucky escapes with the Templar), with a guy who had never done the raid before.

Rayman Legends (Vita) - Purely due to the Diamond trophy online and reaching level 10. Level 10 was a huge grind, managed to pick up a diamond cup legitimately as well after about 100 runs of trying to perfect my time.

Guacamelee - I found a couple of the bosses a tough time, not super difficult though.

Modern Warfare 2 - I'm not incredible at COD, so some of the Spec Ops stars were a challenge.

Mirrors Edge - Actually didn't find this too difficult at all, but I think it's deemed difficult due to the Time Trials. To be honest I found it fairly straightforward.

L0ddb6d.png

1L3ff372.png 

:platinum: Completionist!

2.30% UR

Edited by SniperEliteDido
  • Like 2

I have done a lot of hard games, but the game who make me suffer a lot is guitar hero metallica. I don't remember exactly how many hours i have spent in secondary account practicing "fight fire with fire", but damn i've done it. This is my last guitar hero who i have platted, i've done only 5-6 and metallica just because i am not so good with this game, van halen is damn hard comparated to metallica and for plat smash hits you had to be an half god due to some trophy, and from long time is impossible to plat due server problem. 

• 4 weeks later...

my hardest without doubt is XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN. Although Black Ops 2 is my rarest Platinum, this game is much harder. If you haven't played the XCOM series before you may struggle to get this done. Its takes knowledge of the game, mixed with luck and RNG God help on the hardest difficulty? you dont really know pain until one of your guys misses a 98% shot which pretty much ends in your whole team getting killed and you having to start again from the beginning ?