Hardest Platinum?

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PlayStation 3)

1Lb8cc5c.png

Federated

Earn all available Trophies for Call of Duty® Ghosts

3.27%
ULTRA RARE 

ACHIEVERS 

While it's not a hard game to Platinum, a few of the Extinction trophies that required a full 4 player party stalled me at first, but I met some really chill friends in the game in Multiplayer and after we friended each other, we worked together and did all of the Extinction challenges and trophies to Platinum the game :)

While not the hardest game to earn a Platinum trophy by any means, it's just some of those Extinction trophies, you need allies to help you attain those trophies.

Also, this trophy is my most rarest owned trophy at the moment.

Edited by TheMCofWumbology

OlliOlli2 is probably the only really difficult game in my list and tested my patience to its limit. It's super fun though and the game itself is pretty fair with no cheap AI and luck so you only have your reflexes to rely on.

Even then it probably isn't as bad as some of the REALLY difficult games out there like super meat boy.

Difficulty wise was probably Demon's Souls because I played it when it first came out and had no experience with any game like that before. The brutal bosses and gank fest whenever surrounded by multiple enemies was quite overwhelming at first. Now all the other souls games feel easy. But grinding wise, probably Resistance 2 or Grand Theft Auto IV. Neither one of them were particularly difficult, just took forever.

• 2 months later...

None of my plats so far were hard so ill go based on grinding which would be Final Fantasy X. Actually getting all you need to fully max isnt bad but i had to take breaks between moving around the sphere grid so i wouldnt lose my mind.

Even among my unearned none are hard just requires something i hate....maybe someday ill take on a hard plat but not so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Katamari Forever... Cowbear (and to a lesser extent, Devil Kataoka in the hot/cold level) kept me from the 100% collection trophy for way too long (I really feel Cowbear deserves its own trophy, heh). The over 2,000,000km Katamari one was also pretty hard.

Plus there's a local multiplayer trophy which is just annoying x3

Edited by Zanreo

On 30-3-2016 at 2:23 AM, serplus said:

Sound Shapes, I've never come so close to breaking a controller before, one of the only games I've had to actually take a break from weeks at a time to calm down.

Thief gets an honourable mention just for being a slog of a game. I've never seen such a badly designed map mechanic in a game that had the audacity to have collectibles AND secret areas you had to collect that had no stat tracker.

A map that changes depending on what height you're at, has no waypoint system and has multiple entrances and exits to certain areas of the map that aren't actually on the map so you need to memorise the whole damn thing. Hated it.

RIGHT? 

I don't get that the platinum of Sound Shapes is so common, it is fucking hard as nails. I've NEVER wanted to throw away my controller so bad. All the guides said it would take a couple of hours, but with the amount of times I had to re-do many of those Death Mode stages, it took me a month! (with many games in between for whenever I got too frustrated, of course) I'm glad I never have to play that game again.

A close second for me, by the way, is another extremely common platinum that gave me almost as much hell as Sound Shapes did: Teslagrad. Some of those collectibles took me a full hour to try to reach. Another instance where the guide said 4 hours, but it took me 15+. 

Other games that gave me trouble for the platinum were Uncharted 1-3 (Crushing), Bloodborne (Defiled Chalice Dungeon and some of the main game), The Last Of Us (Multiplayer actually. The high story difficulties were very doable, maybe because the game design is just so good), and, another common plat, Middle Earth Shadow Of Mordor (some of those miscellaneous trophies took me dozens of tries and frustrated me to no end).

Some games that I completed, with some difficulty to them, but that didn't give me much trouble were Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 2, Dark Souls III, Dishonored, and Darksiders II.

PS: I played Thief too, and after enduring all the difficulty-related trophies, I abandoned the hunt for the platinum because I didn't want to have to replay everything for those Thieving Challenges and all those collectables. Not particularly hard, but the unintuitive map and low funfactor of the game as a whole made it seem like too much to handle. 

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 1

For me, the one that stands out as the hardest for me is Don Bradman Cricket 14.

Sporting complex controls and a steep learning curve even if you know the sport, I'm an American who knew nothing about the sport of cricket before playing this. I bought this game off PSN (digital-only in the US) out of a desire to play something different. The grind is long but I'm better at grinding than most. The trophy for getting 3 online wins was tough for me because I did it on my own against extremely good players (no chance of finding a boosting partner in my neck of the world for this game). I stuck with it and have a nice Ultra Rare Plat to my name!

I admit, I tend to go for the easy trophies since I usually end up getting too frustrated with harder games, and end up losing motivation to platinum them.

I'd say the hardest platinum I've achieved so far though would be Ico. The speedrun trophy was what made it hard in particular, but the dumb AI of Yorda didn't help matters either. I had to re-try sections over and over to get it just perfect, but then I'd have Yorda randomly climbing up and down ladders without getting off them, eating up precious time. Despite the frustrations, I somehow enjoyed it enough to stick through it and get the platinum. I really love these kinds of games, I've been contemplating attempting the Shadow of the Colossus platinum for a few years now, and I'd like to try and get the platinum for the Last Guardian at some point this year, though the speedrun trophies in that game are somewhat off-putting.