What do you do with your completed games!?

SuchRemorse

Seeing as I always buy physical copies whenever that's possible, I put the games back on the shelf when I've finished them. It looks good for the room, makes me happy whenever I go over to look at my collection and it's handy to have them in case I ever want to play a certain game again.
Digital games I delete from the hard drive, to free up space, with the knowledge that I can download them again if I want to.

• Like 1

I keep them all. Being collecting games ever since I was a child and have never sold anything. I welcome all games in my collection and even if there is not enough space on my shelves, it doesn't matter, it will find a place somewhere. I try to keep them alphabetically ordered. Even so, I really don't own that many compared to others here. It's not like they are easy or cheap to find here. Number one reason why I collect them is that I love the fuzzy feeling I get whenever I see my shelves and all the games I own. It just feels great lol.

I also think they are a nice way of investing in something I like and a way to store some sort of value somewhere. I would prefer not having to sell them but if push comes to shove, I know I have something at hand that I could use to fight myself. They are there for me to make use of.

Digital games, I usually keep them on HDDs until there is not enough space to hold anymore. When that happens, I either get a larger extra HDD or delete the crappier ones first to make room for other better games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Number one reason why I collect them is that I love the fuzzy feeling I get whenever I see my shelves and all the games I own.

I have a separate shelf where I put all my platinumed games. My fuzziest feeling is when I can move a completed game from one shelf to the other and watch my physical platinum collection grow.

• Like 2

Depends really on my circumstances, 

Digital games get deleted unless its something like Destiny, Battlefield etc which i usually always come back to.

My digital library of games outweigh my physical collection so mostly they get deleted when i do finish them.

My physical games i usually sell them if they are on PS4 or PS3 when i finish them unless its a special edition or something like that from a game i like.

Only games i keep that are physical are my PS Vita games purely because the console is a relic now and the production of the games is ending in March so they will quickly become rare soon when the well dries up, meaning MONAAAYZZZZ or you know video game preservation  :P

Currently 52 Vita physical games and counting  

Edited by DarkSoleride

I keep all my games. When I was little I traded in a lot of my ps2 games and I regret doing that because sometimes I get the urge to play old games so now I keep every single game I buy. I’ve recently been trying to recover those ps2 games that I traded in and was able to scoop a couple of them from this retro store near me. 

• Like 1

i used to sell them to music magpie but they started offering piss taking prices like 20p for a rare game like yakuza 3 (offered more at cex) so i'm holding onto them atm and will one day put them up on ebay for better prices for me and whoever buys them.

with digi games they are there forever, just hide them on ps4 when 100%, now that its a feature. :) 

Edited by Leenewbe

Being a collector I keep most of my games.

I don't buy too much digital stuff so at this moment my external hard drive still have plenty free space.

About the physical ones I'm planning next year to maybe reduce it a little bit. I will keep only the ones with a real possibility of revisit due its replayability or a memory attached to them, like prince of persia series. :)

I used to be a big collector but fell on hard times too often and had to always sell my movie and game collections. 

These days I tend to go for the amazing sales you can get with digital games on the PS store. Ok so you never have chance to make any money back off them, but some of the prices are so incredible that you can make that money back by not splashing out on stupid things at the shops for stuff you don't actually need. 

Now I only buy retail if its a superb price which even digital sales cannot beat. 

• Like 2

If it's a game or series e enjoy and love i generally keep them in my collecton , displayed on the shelf , but if it's something generic and not worth keeping in mind , i usually sell or trade them out when i'm done with the game , like already plat it or not bother to play it anyore due to being awful or just becoming pretty boring . I love colleting those hidden and underrated gems hard to find in various platforms so even if i don't play them in the nearby future , i like keeping it around cause it would be hard to get it again probably .

• Like 1

Trade them with my little brothers, who pretty much eat games but have some with only minimal teeth marks I have yet to play :dunno: Most of my games are digital and I just delete them from my system and forget they exist. It's been a good system so far. 

even though this site is about trophy hunting but I don't buy my games due to easy platinums.

so the games I loved so much or addicted to will keep them so I can play them later, the mediocre ones will be deleted to save some space on the HDD, the bad ones I will gave them away for free to a related or a friend.... you had no idea that there someone out there who really want them or even likes these games that you consider bad and if you gave them up for free the person who will takes it from your hand will appreciate it.

I never in my life sold a game to someone, if they want it I gave it away to him/her for free especially if

- i no longer can play it due to the machine that play it completely broke.

-  the said game is not in my favorite list.

They stay on my shelf unless I REALLY hate the game. Some of the games I have on my trophy list I don't own anymore such as Far Cry 2 and 3, Homefront, CSI Fatal Conspiracy, NCIS The Game, Black Ops III, Titanfall 2, Ride To Hell, etc..

When I was younger I used to trade mine in, which forever bites at me now when I want to play them or just cause they were sold for a lot less than what they're now worth.

Now I keep everything. I've thought about buying back some of what I sold ages ago but there's not much point since I'm unlikely to play them again anyway. Everything from PS3 onwards though I keep. And I've kept a handful of Nintendo games, but I still sometimes get the urge to sell all my mint copies of Pokemon gens 1, 2 & 3. I like having all my PS games on my shelf, I just wish I had enough room to have a seperate 'completed' shelf.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 3:37 AM, SuchRemorse said:

I was just curious what you people do when you finish your games!? When I was younger I would trade them into gamestop or sell them. Biggest mistake ever! As we all know you get trash prices from gamestop but what did I know when I was younger. As I have gotten older I wanted to play some of the games again and I didn't have them. A lot of the older games have become extremely expensive too. And I don't want to spend $100 on a game that I once had and sold for $5. Ugh it's horrible lol... So what I do now is I finish a game and I have a big box with all my finished gems in there. I call it my game graveyard! I keep the box in storage and if I EVER want to play an old game again at least I have access to it. 

I used to trade in my games with every console gen upgrade and like you i realized later i should not have done it, forget the trade in value and just the sentimental value alone of being part of my childhood and growing up. Now I just have a really big drawer in my TV cabinet that i proudly file those games away in. I was never a big fab of gamestop and if i think about it part of my resentment is probably based on the fact that i willingly traded them all my stuff?