Your hardest platinum that is NOT Ultra Rare

AJ_Radio

If there is already a topic like this floating around in the forums, then feel free to post a link to it. 

The title of the thread says it all...

For me, it has to be Dead Space 2. Hard Core difficulty was a very stressful journey that proved nerve wrecking at times. A single mistake could send you back hours. 

It was more stressful to me than anything I faced in Bloodborne, Batman: Arkham Knight, or virtually any other game I’ve done besides Super Meat Boy. Even several years later, I still feel it is a respectable platinum.

What were your worst/hardest platinums that aren’t ultra rare? Ones that may you pull your hair out, break your controller, punch a wall, scream in frustration, die of boredom from how long it was, etc etc.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 4

Dead Space 2 was definitely a challenge for me, I vividly remember dying at literally the last part where you are trying to fly back to the ship to grab Ellie’s hand and I got extremely anxious at how close I was and then getting killed by a random space debris. I was livid. Dead Nation was also a pretty difficult plat from what I remember for being a non-UR, Morbid difficultly sucked pretty hard.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Also, this is a little off topic but I thought that you thought rankings were stupid?. Personal ranking = useless but ranking of a single trophy = important? Hypocrisy confuses me lol.

That isn’t the same.

I’ve toned down a bit because too many people think I’m being overly negative.  

My stance stands for rankings. I value achievements for certain games a lot higher than the general rankings. 

11 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That isn’t the same.

I’ve toned down a bit because too many people think I’m being overly negative.  

My stance stands for rankings. I value achievements for certain games a lot higher than the general rankings. 

I was joking anyways. I know they're pretty different. I just thought I'd poke a little bit lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

Yooka-Laylee. Holy fudge that game made me want to stab myself in the eyeballs. Took me months of retrying a couple of the cart races and arcade games to get all the pagies. Usually I have a hard time remembering games after I beat them and it's been a while but no; I remember exactly how damn frustrated I was playing this game but I had to get that platinum. 

• Like 4

Alien Isolation wasn't "hard" per se, but it was a bitch and a half in every way to Plat. It makes me never want to play the game again, and it's been like 5-6 months of me feeling the same way.

As far as pure difficulty goes, though, I'd say Celeste if you didn't use the assist mode. Yeah, Celeste easily. That would have taken weeks of pure struggle

• Like 2

It's Just Cause 2. It also happens  to be the longest gap I had in any platinums as of now, with 6 years. Basically tried it with plus back in 2012, didn't like it back then so I left it at 5 earned trophies for years, until Just Cause 3 left me with more desire for this kind of stuff, it was still grindy, and controls were clunky compared to JC3 so it took a while even after having the optimal mindset.

• Like 4

On 3/28/2019 at 7:07 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I agree with you, everyone seems to say how hard Birth by Sleep is but I had more trouble with KH2 thanks to Org XIII data fights and Lingering Will

I agree with both of you guys on this too as I played it recently. Many boss battles and some were much harder than any souls game etc. Also that dumb mushroom u had to hit in the air 85 times was a pain in the ass ?

Edited by Angus1343
  • Like 2

The Witness - 13.18% platinum rarity. The Challenge kicked my ass so hard I took a break for over a year and came back to it and got it on like the 3rd attempt. 

Unravel - 16.59% platinum rarity. My 1st platinum and what got me into trophy hunting. Those no-death runs were brutal to start off for me. 

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition - 19.92% platinum rarity. Those midnight challenges were insanely difficult but VERY satisfying when accomplished. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I think the platinum in No Man’s Sky is obnoxious solely for the reason of the Galapagos trophy. It wasn’t bad at all in version 1.00 but after a day-one patch they made it so you have to discover all animals on ten different planets. The problem is that after you scan all but one or two of the animals it seems the remaining species are extremely scarce and rarely spawn anywhere. You have to check for flying animals, ground animals, cave animals, and water animals. Needless to say it’s ridiculously time-consuming and annoying and a total waste of time. There was an intermediate patch that allowed you to scan planets with no fauna for credit towards this trophy but that was then patched as well. 

• Like 2