PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

1 hour ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I really don't see the point in it, there's more disadvantages then advantages over something so silly. Plus the chance of losing the games/ saves really doesn't justify being called something else. You picked the name and Sony says you can't ever change it so I don't know why so many people complained in the first place. 

Also are people seriously going to start arguing about the date format? :facepalm:

Think about the poor saps who have names like 'LovesKevinSpacey' or something.  They'll want to jump all over this name change thing.

• Like 3

So is PSNP equipped for the change? Havent seen an explicit answer for that

Also Day/Month/Year is oviously superior because Day changes everyday, therefore you look at the first numbers and thats it. With Month/Day its like: Yeah I know its april, its april for a long time, but what day is it? And before you manage to look it up europeans already beat you. 

So yeah you americans have the worst metric system and date system. Dont @ me!?

• Like 1

Just now, NekosphereReborn said:

So is PSNP equipped for the change?

It's not the first time people have changed their usernames on here. Their old PSN will still show up, but with 0 trophies, and they would have to link their new account. 

Thx for the quick reply. Now If only there was also a way to get the names of inactive accounts. But that would take Sony another 5 years to implement if at all.

3 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

It's not the first time people have changed their usernames on here. Their old PSN will still show up, but with 0 trophies, and they would have to link their new account. 

Edited by NekosphereReborn

Just now, NekosphereReborn said:

names of inactive accounts. But that would sony take another 5 years to implement if at all.

Don't see why they haven't implemented such a system. Email clients do it, why not Sony. There's no reason for dead accounts to be hogging usernames. Personally, I've considered getting the PSN, Kawaii, but it seems to have never been used on a console, much less been active. 

15 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Gonna wait till is 100% safe + I still have to come up with a name.  I want something of 6 characters or under.

What do you expect to change? For the recent games there is already a list where you can see, that basically 95% of relevant games won't do any real harm and the other 5% are games you probably wont even play.

It feels like most (not ALL) here just read "can cause harm to your savefile" and think they are getting affected immediately. When I looked up the list of games Sony published there was only a single game that would cause problems for me and thats for a 2+ year old game

Edited by NekosphereReborn

Blimey, now I've got past the argument over DD/MM/YY vs MM/DD/YY, I will consider changing my name after a few months have passed and to see if any other issues pop up. I already know what I'd like. I've had this name 10 years this year and I think I would like something different now. I'll see how I feel in a few months. I'm glad the option to change is finally available, but if you're not going to do it, it shouldn't bother you so much that someone else will take the risk.

Btw, DD/MM/YY makes more sense. I've never understood putting the month first ? 

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

That's why I like it better. April 1st, 1944 is better than 1st of April, 1944. Sure it makes sense to go day > month > year for numbers, but I don't like how it sounds when you actually verbalize it or write it out fully.

@ Topic - Not worth the risk to me.

He was careless about how much he cared.

Why is everyone whipping out the written version of certain dates as examples when it was the numerical version that caused confusion in the first place? If you put the month first or the day first numerically is pretty much irrelevant - everyone here has grown up and learnt what those numbers signify and verbalise it in whatever way they are used to. The number order doesn't change how you verbalise the words, just how you process what to verbalise. 

Then again, maybe I'm a fucking dumbass. 

As for the actual topic of this thread, I'm delighted they added the feature for people who've been stuck with an embarrassing teenage PSN name for their entire adult life. The way Sony set-up their name database made me think they've never implement the ability to change it. I love the fact you don't lose your old name either; makes it a less scary to go ahead and get a new name. :P 

40 minutes ago, NekosphereReborn said:

What do you expect to change? For the recent games there is already a list where you can see, that basically 95% of relevant games won't do any real harm and the other 5% are games you probably wont even play.

It feels like most (not ALL) here just read "can cause harm to your savefile" and think they are getting affected immediately. When I looked up the list of games Sony published there was only a single game that would cause problems for me and thats for a 2+ year old game

Just in case.

1 hour ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Gonna wait till is 100% safe + I still have to come up with a name.  I want something of 6 characters or under.

Anyone who considers a namechange, remember that name availability has decreased over time. You're going to have much less options than when you chose your name (poorly).

5 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

I hope that it notifies you if someone on your friends list changes their name. I don't wanna be confused when I see a name I don't recognise on my list. Also, I'm quite happy with my name so I won't be changing mine.

You have an option to show both ids for 30 days