PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

55 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Sarcasm. But I really don't like that day/month/year format.

I really don't like that month/day/year format ?

50 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Its cuz OP put the day before the month

when just about everywhere else in the world it goes month/day/year :) 

just an obvious troll

like if someone was to ask when my birthday is, i wouldnt say 20th, December

id say, December 20th

Nobody does that. It's the 20th of December, not 20th PAUSE December. I live in the UK and I find the month before day thing totally dumb but hey that's what makes living in this world so cool, everyone does everything differently.

13 minutes ago, Super-Drak said:

There are almost 16 times more people in the world who use D/M/Y than people who use M/D/Y.

Ok

Fair enough

i could really careless about the format as ive stated ina follow up response

you guys are taking it way too serious now

@DamagingRob and i were just poking a little fun at the topic title

shall we all move on now?

its of no importance, a couple of guys were just trying to have a little fun and now its all seriousness 

I surrender, lol

• Like 1

I really dislike my PSN ID and I want to change it, but losing all my Uncharted 3 progress is more than I can bear, so I think I am going to wait a while. I’ve lived all these years with a stupid ID, so...

Anyway, if someone could test Uncharted 3 again after this update goes live, I would appreciate it. My U3 MP profile means a lot to me. <3

56 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Finally, the 8 year wait (for me) will be over. 

Oh, noticed JD 2017 has critical issues. Is Just Dance 2016 safe?

I hope you find the feature to your benefit, personally i am not too sure this list was complied by PlayStation Europe so i assume what they have listed in the link is correct and those are the games affected and games not listed either are fine or have not been tested.

However the info in the link states any game released AFTER 01/04/2018 are fine as they have been fully optimised for changing of the PSN ID. 

So its a 50/50 for now. I would give it some time before they fully get it going and work out any kinks.

8 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

British date format is DD/MM/YYYY

Yeah, that was my terrible joke that led to a huge derailing of this thread, sorry. :(

7 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I really don't like that month/day/year format 1f609.png

As I imagine anyone accustomed to one or the other probably would. Lol. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Carol said:

I really dislike my PSN ID and I want to change it, but losing all my Uncharted 3 progress is more than I can bear, so I think I am going to wait a while. I’ve lived all these years with a stupid ID, so...

Anyway, if someone could test Uncharted 3 again after this update goes live, I would appreciate it. My U3 MP profile means a lot to me. <3

I understand but, in the future U3’s MP will be shut down like other games. If you haven’t 100% all MP trophies, you should do so before you change ID. Once again, U3 MP servers won’t stay forever.

9 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Yeah, that was my terrible joke that led to a huge derailing of this thread, sorry. :(

Its cool i am not bothered :D I was not not sure if you were serious or not as i can appreciate other people in the world use MM/DD/YYYY.

Hope you found the post informative either way! Even if it is from across the pond

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max654 said:

I understand but, in the future U3’s MP will be shut down like other games. If you haven’t 100% all MP trophies, you should do so before you change ID. Once again, U3 MP servers won’t stay forever.

I achieved 100% in U3 years ago. I just love that MP and I invested countless hours playing it, doing all the legacies and unlocking everything that was there to unlock. I bought the DLC’s and even several skins, so there’s no way I am going to lose all that. I still like to play the game from time to time. Why can’t ND fix the problem? They know they still have a community still playing both U2 and U3, so I don’t think the servers are going to close anytime soon. The issue, probably, wouldn’t even be that hard to fix.

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

Should also mention that there are reports of the potential to lose save data as well as access to some of your DLCs. At least that was in the beta anyways. Not sure if that's ironed out or not

This is why is best to let others Charlie test it and see if the coast is clear first.

• Like 2

It's just not worth it.

Having read through the linked article some games have been tested, others haven't, there's a chance you could lose save data and reverting back to your previous id may not solve the problem.

Good luck to you if you decide to take the risk.

so let me get that straight....

- you (may) lose some online ranking / trophy progress for an online trophy in an old game

- some (paid) dlc might not work for some old games

- you CAN'T lose a trophy, only the progress if you haven't earned it yet

that's not really that bad if you ask me, there are really no major problems with the feature like not beeing able to play some games at all

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

I hope you find the feature to your benefit, personally i am not too sure this list was complied by PlayStation Europe so i assume what they have listed in the link is correct and those are the games affected and games not listed either are fine or have not been tested.

However the info in the link states any game released AFTER 01/04/2018 are fine as they have been fully optimised for changing of the PSN ID. 

So its a 50/50 for now. I would give it some time before they fully get it going and work out any kinks.

I'll most likely go thru with the name change. Just hoping it doesn't fuck up my dlcs for the Black Ops series. 

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Maybe to you. If someone asks when you were born, do you say (using mine) the 4th day of April, 1988? Or April 4th, 1988? Either way, it's more to say and write in an expanded state.

That's why I like it better. April 1st, 1944 is better than 1st of April, 1944. Sure it makes sense to go day > month > year for numbers, but I don't like how it sounds when you actually verbalize it or write it out fully.

@ Topic - Not worth the risk to me.

16 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

So...you do care?

He was careless about how much he cared.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2