PSN ID / Name Change Confirmed LIVE April 11, 2019

DarkSoleride

Some games were tested by playstation with the ID change and showed no issues. But a few games that were tested with the ID change showed content loss, progress loss and in-game currency loss. And lots of games were not even tested. So that’s something to keep in mind. 

10 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Not sure if you're oblivious or joking. But just in case anyone in the US is confused, It's April 11th, not November 4th.

Its cuz OP put the day before the month

when just about everywhere else in the world it goes month/day/year :) 

just an obvious troll

like if someone was to ask when my birthday is, i wouldnt say 20th, December

id say, December 20th

Edited by Property_Damage

38 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Launching tomorrow 11/04 you can change your PSN ID :D

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/04/10/psn-online-id-change-feature-launches-for-all-ps4-players-tomorrow/#sf210774800

"1. Where and how can I change my online ID?

You can either change your online ID on your PS4 or web browser.

PlayStation 4:

• Step 1: From your PS4 go to [Settings].
  • Step 2: Select [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Profile] > [Online ID].
  • Step 3: Enter an Online ID of your choice or choose from one of the suggestions.
  • Step 4: Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the change.

Web browser:

• Step 1: Sign in to your account on the PlayStation Network and select PSN Profile in the menu.
  • Step 2: Select the Edit button that’s next to your Online ID.
  • Step 3: Enter an Online ID of your choice or choose from one of the suggestions.
  • Step 4: Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the change." 

PS3 and PS Vita will not support the ability to change the PSN ID but will show your updated PSN ID (obviously) when its confirmed to be changed. 

Please note there are some games that have issues when you change your PSN ID can be found in this link

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/my-account/access-and-details/change-online-id-games/

Finally, the 8 year wait (for me) will be over. 

Oh, noticed JD 2017 has critical issues. Is Just Dance 2016 safe?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Should also mention that there are reports of the potential to lose save data as well as access to some of your DLCs. At least that was in the beta anyways. Not sure if that's ironed out or not

I didn’t hear any lost access to DLCs or games as far I searched about when ID change feature was in beta. I even say this about Vita and PS3 content.

The only issues I read so far were that someone was no more on Rise of the Tomb Raider’s score attacks leaderboard, but it didn’t affect the medals towards score attack trophies. Another one got his Uncharted 3’s Multiplayer profile reset from scratch. Someone has been removed from The Last of Us’ leaderboard but I suppose that the progression to the online campaign wasn’t affected.

I’ll wait a few days to see potential reports on a bigger scale, as I wonder how PSNP will handle the changes.

8 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Its cuz OP put the day before the month

when just about everywhere else in the world it goes month/day/year :) 

just an obvious troll

like if someone was to ask when my birthday is, i wouldnt say 20th, December

id say, December 20th

In Italy the format is Day-Month-Year

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrWamprik said:

So...you lost all your progress and maybe the trophies in PS4 games before 2018?

You’ll keep all the trophies on your current PSN profile, even games released before 2018.

As far as I can tell, no save files have been affected when the feature was in beta.

Edited by Max654
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Quite more logical than the month/day/year format though... 1f609.png

Maybe to you. If someone asks when you were born, do you say (using mine) the 4th day of April, 1988? Or April 4th, 1988? Either way, it's more to say and write in an expanded state.

• Like 2