PS PLUS MAY 2019

IBadDriverI

I've looked at Edith Finch several times in the store. It sounded interesting, but also sounded like one of those games that could either be really good or really terrible. I'm kinda glad it's one of the selections.

Overcooked looks a bit like a cheesy game you might get to play on your smartphone. I'll give it a try though, especially since it's couch co-op.

Honestly though, not every month is going to be a winner for everyone with the free games. They can't please everybody considering everyone has different tastes. As far as already owning them goes, they can't provide different selections for people who already own them. It sucks when it happens, yes. Hell, there was a running joke with my friends at one point that if they wanted a game to go on a deep sale or be free the next month, just have me buy at full price first. But it's not like they intentionally do that.

If I remember right, the last couple of months before summer either last year or the year before weren't necessarily top of the line games either, but it picked back up in June.

Edited by Tianna_Mortis

4 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Only going to play Edith Finch and the Timothy vs Aliens one as I don-t care for Overcooked.

You get 3 games? If they did that everywhere, you might see less whining. But Sony is never going to please everyone, so that probably wouldn't be true.. 

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Raised subscription price? Check

No more games for 2 consoles? Check

No further additions for the 3rd console? Check

Not better quality for the last 2 free slots? Check

So the only reason to pay for ps+, is to have the ability to access content you already paid for?

Isn't this extortion at this point?

i cant escape, i need access to my ps+ backlog and cloud saves

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I never stop hearing about both these games on the internet, both of them continuously get high praise and recommendation, both games have won fairly big awards and generally are well received. This begs the question then, why suddenly when they're both free on Plus does this suddenly make them awful games and a terrible month?? Seriously?

Neither of the games are to my personal tastes and I likely wont play either but I have to admit this is a somewhat solid line-up. To all the PS+ haters answer me this, you complain about every line-up no matter what's there so... what DO you want? I actually want an idea of what you want and what you're expecting? You expecting the brand new shiny AAA releases for free or something?

They want knack, and theyll still find a way to complain about it

oh wait, that already happened

maybe they want drive club, but then theyll just bitch about that too

fuck me, im sorry, that too happened!

gamers are the biggest cry babies

theres no pleasing them, period!

• Like 2

Just now, DamagingRob said:

You get 3 games? If they did that everywhere, you might see less whining. But Sony is never going to please everyone, so that probably wouldn't be true.. 

Spain & Portugal seem to get an additional game every once in a while. Most of the "extra" games have been pretty bad though. Usually it's been games by Spanish indie developers, so I'm guessing whoever is responsible for Sony in the Iberian Peninsula has some sort of deal going on with those indie companies.

• Like 1

I think this is the first month that I have zero interest at all in the whole lineup.  With just two games, it was bound to happen sooner or later.  Hopefully, next month will be better.

I've been a PS+ subscriber since Feb 2015, have played a lot of PS+ games and generally enjoyed them.  So, I hope I'm "allowed" to say this.  Probably not.  ;)

I always believe $5/mo subscription doesnt get you much. 

Thank god I never bought these games before or else it be even a bad month for me.

A rare good month for me as Overcooked has long been on my potentials shortlist and even Edin Finch possibly looks worth a look too.

I can totally understand some people complaining though. These are still indie games. It used to be you might see games like this being 3rd or 4th on a list of 6. 

26 minutes ago, Katt said:

Are you afraid of people giving their opinion? Now that is reaaaally disgusting. I was right in blocking you.

What is the difference between your and my post? Aren't we both giving our own opinions? It seems to me that the only one who is afraid of other people giving their opinion is the one that is blocking the other :hmm:.

• Like 3

Honestly, I don't know a single thing about these 2 games that are being given on PS+ this month, meh, based on name alone, I guess they could be better. But who knows, maybe this Edit Finch game is actually really cool in the end. Willing to try it out once I get there lol since I'm still working on finishing Steep from January's lineup. ?

I’m personally happy with this month because Edit Finch has been on my wishlist for quite a while. I knew it would have been a plus game sooner or later, so i didn’t buy it when on sale. 

But of course IGC’s going the wrong direction. With just two games offered now at the same price as before, you’d expect much better than two indie games.

49 minutes ago, Aponac1987 said:

Honestly: if you feel cheated, you should just drop out of Plus. If you feel you're not getting enough value out of the free games, you have that right, to be fair. Staying in Plus and bashing on the monthly offers consistently because they don't cater to your specific tastes, despite the games getting generally good ratings, that would be pretty ludicrous. I think Vaas said it best. Something about "insanity" and all that.

lol, "just drop it". Like it's something you can get a refund on or whatever. Give me a break.

Just now, mako-heart said:

lol, "just drop it". Like it's something you can get a refund on or whatever. Give me a break.

Yup. Don't renew your subscription, and file a complaint over at Sony's customer support service if you feel that butthurt. End of story, right?

Or can we start expecting the masses to set up a crusade against Sony? Order a hit on a Sony executive because you should've gotten Black Ops IV this month? Or maybe threaten that you'll run over to the Xbox community? Lol.

• Like 1