Favorite WELL KNOWN trophy hunter?

ARH65512

On 1/5/2020 at 2:19 AM, demonoutcast said:

Chris is awesome. It's too bad his work is underappreciated..In my book he's a remnant from the golden age of YT with his style of post commentary and insightful strategies. Back in the day most creators would've just gave up and left, but he kept it going. Tuning into his walkthroughs is like revisiting a blast from the past

The Golden Age of YouTube was when The Angry Video Game Nerd and The Irate Gamer were basically two of the top video game commentators... on old NES and SNES games. Absolutely loved those guys. I still follow Cinemassacre, enjoy listening to commentary from James Rolfe and Mike Matei.

But truthfully the older guys who did Lets Plays back in 2008 - 2010 were the ones I looked up to. A couple of them still do gameplay, but most of it is all via live streaming via YouTube or Twitch tv.

I followed some of Chris's walkthroughs himself. And I will just say that he has more skill and patience than I do.

• Like 1

@Walt the Dog - rhythm master + Ultimate Nep master. Makes amazing guides for both. Also was a really amazing trophy comp team partner ;)

@blood_velvet - has had great guides for years for even obscure indie titles. I think currently might have the best video guides as they are high quality and aren't rushed (like many are doing now a days)

@skroq - best 100% profile i think... plays some really hard stuff and i think he is able to retire from the trash (big respect to that if he did) 

@themindisacity - pioneer of awesome point and click guide format, still making them today

Anyone that plays real games and doesn't just spam 15 min easy plats. Also props to those that were high on the leaderboard that were able to retire from the stupidity.

• Like 2

@Floriiss for i think best profile out there and finding out how to do the impossible trophies :)

@Smashero for going hard on all those PS3 plats and going to the top in the polish LB (and spamming psnp profile forums - he is everywhere!!)

@MrUnknown625 for being at the very top and still avoiding all the drama +100% profile with most plats (and for mentioning me of course)

@dav1d_123 for being solo and popping 20k trophies per year ;)

Edited by skroq
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 6:27 PM, MrUnknown625 said:

Anyone that plays real games and doesn't just spam 15 min easy plats. Also props to those that were high on the leaderboard that were able to retire from the stupidity.

Anybody who has under a 50 percent average rarity on their profile.

Anything under 40 percent average rarity is pretty good.

Honestly though, I'd rather hang myself or commit suicide than commit myself to thousands of games to maintain a world ranking. I used to grind endlessly for hundreds and over a thousand hours on Runescape to maintain a high ranking. Never again.

57 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Anybody who has under a 50 percent average rarity on their profile.

Anything under 40 percent average rarity is pretty good.

Honestly though, I'd rather hang myself or commit suicide than commit myself to thousands of games to maintain a world ranking. I used to grind endlessly for hundreds and over a thousand hours on Runescape to maintain a high ranking. Never again.

Interesting mindset, especially the suicide part.

What about someone with a 60 percent average that has done more AAA's, has quadruple the ultra rares, and a higher completion rate than you?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Interesting mindset, especially the suicide part.

What about someone with a 60 percent average that has done more AAA's, has quadruple the ultra rares, and a higher completion rate than you?

Keep in mind I've only done this since 2015. Even though I started my account back in 2013, and Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire were both my first games, I did not actively trophy hunt.

Plus 10,000 trophies is virtually nothing when you look at how many games and EZPZ stacks you can get. I'm not even trying at all, if I was then I would be around the 20,000 - 30,000 trophy mark by this point.

I can easily quadruple the ultra rares, I know which games give a whole bunch of ultra rares. Knytt Underground, Pumped BMX+, Trine 2: Complete Story, Mighty No 9, Bound, etc etc etc.

I don't and have never actively played a game just because it has a bunch of ultra rares. The games that happen to have a bunch of ultra rares are ones that I was interested in playing because of the gameplay, not because of the fact most of the trophies are rare.

As far as grinding goes, I've spent over 10,000 hours collectively playing Runescape (and Old School Runescape) and World of Warcraft. I've done monotonous grinds for hundreds of hours at a time. I felt pressured to play a lot because I was in the top 100 in the hiscores on Runescape at one point in a couple of skills. But I finally decided it just wasn't worth it.

It doesn't matter if you have over 50,000 trophies or just over 1,000 trophies. Having fun, and setting your own personal accomplishments, and challenging yourself every now and then is the best mindset to get into.

Edited by Spaz

Not necesarily well known..but i appreciate the trophy hunters who have kept in mind that trophy hunting is about hunting, not spamming. Floriiss was already mentioned for his sick list. Others like him imo would be people like K1ttyloaf and Danny_Johansen who also have sick lists. The latter has loads of top difficult games completed by under 10 people, kinda like Floriiss.

It saddens me greatly how many youtube channels and trophy hunting personalities focus on how many spam plats they can bang out in a week.

Edited by Hvalpen

I enjoy Carlohaz the most he used to do list bases videos back in the day but he quit doing those videos because he didn't want to be greedy and that's fair enough. He quit doing trophy reviews because people complained about their rating.

King superone is ok but only really does reviews.

rustic has stop doing reviews don't was going on there.

PS4 trophies but has a boring personality.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

You probably should've ended your previous post with this, and not "I'd kill myself if i wasted the same amount of time as people that maintain their world ranking" bottom line, you're an idiot. You say things that are so out of line at times it's not even funny.

You don't need to give me your life story either mate, i was simply pointing out the fact of how meaningless your "average rarity" statistic is when it comes to judging profiles.

I don't fucking care what you say half the time either. I have said numerous times in the past that the leaderboards as a whole is an entirely worthless endeavor. And people jumped the gun and shat all over me saying I was a fucking moron for making such a topic, as I found out the hard way.

Guess what, trophies are basically meaningless. But we enjoy going after them, that's why some of us are here because without trophies, I wouldn't of bothered making an account to begin with.

What I'm saying is I could of gone down that path, but I don't, I made my own choice years ago and I feel all the better for it.

People like you are the reason I left Facebook and Twitter.

11 hours ago, patrickogorman19 said:

I enjoy Carlohaz the most he used to do list bases videos back in the day but he quit doing those videos because he didn't want to be greedy and that's fair enough. He quit doing trophy reviews because people complained about their rating.

King superone is ok but only really does reviews.

rustic has stop doing reviews don't was going on there.

PS4 trophies but has a boring personality.

Carlos (CMH777) had a good thing going for him a few years ago. Loved his sense of humor and the videos he put out regarding his perspective of trophies. The problem is he doesn't do videos all that much and I don't think he cares at this point. Streaming on Twitch is fine, I've watched a few of his streams and enjoyed them. But if you're going to be a YouTuber who is going to be fairly active, then you're probably not going to be holding off on videos for months at a time and expect people are going to keep track of when your next video is going to be.

KingSuperOne is heavily biased. Overall I enjoy his commentary but sometimes he'll suggest some PS3 games for people when the fact of the matter is a good majority have moved on from the PS3 console. What if they sold off their PS3 and only play on the PS4? You really don't know for sure since a couple YouTubers I know who review trophy accounts for their videos don't know the people who play on them. He reviewed my account and gave a lot of good pointers, so he's definitely capable of making a good account review video.

NightRusticDawn was alright. Reviewed my account twice and unfortunately I found out a few weeks ago he deleted virtually every video he had except for one. Bit of a shame, since I enjoyed his commentary.

PS4Trophies mostly does videos for new AAA games, usually guides for collectibles and for trophies people may struggle a little with. PS4Trophies and PowerPyx are alike in many ways. One provides commentary, the other doesn't and provides text for his videos. I haven't really cared about them in the past couple years.

Hoo boy, mods have got some catching up to do with this one.

Anyways, PowerPyx is the obvious and obligatory first shout. High quality pre-emptive guide work without any bullshit. They've never let me down yet.

Another guy I respect is Mystic (Moon) whose approach to the art as a whole is one I really respect. He only goes after trophies he deems worth his time and really seems to cherish his accomplishments in the field, with interesting stories to tell about 'em. I like to see people who know what they want out of it and stick to their ethos. And that's beside the fact that he's just a good, level-headed guy with some of the best Sony news on the internet.

And I gotta give it up to the A number one Polecat honcho, @themindisacity, for holding the adventure game torch aloft. Every time I consult a guide and see that name attached to it I, know I'm in good hands. Clear and concise instructions that have rescued me from getting stuck more than once in my travels. In other words, a one-woman GameFAQs. I also respect her dedication and follow-through as a trophy hunter in her own right.

Here's to you all!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

NightRusticDawn was alright. Reviewed my account twice and unfortunately I found out a few weeks ago he deleted virtually every video he had except for one. Bit of a shame, since I enjoyed his commentary.

It was my pleasure Spaz :)
Sadly I got struck with the CoPPA laws so I was forced to remove all my content, I do however Livestream regulary, (20+ times a month is the plan right now) on Youtube & Twitch and I still do the reviews.

Me and some friends are mainly in our Discord community where things are just peachy!

Take care of yourself Spaz and don't focus to much attention on the negative people, they are not worth it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NightRusticDawn said:

It was my pleasure Spaz :)
Sadly I got struck with the CoPPA laws so I was forced to remove all my content, I do however Livestream regulary, (20+ times a month is the plan right now) on Youtube & Twitch and I still do the reviews.

Me and some friends are mainly in our Discord community where things are just peachy!

Take care of yourself Spaz and don't focus to much attention on the negative people, they are not worth it :)

That's ridiculous. I honestly don't see how those laws conflict with the content you posted since they were trophy account review videos that you yourself put commentary on. I don't know how your country handles such laws.

I've talked to you a few times on Discord, but that's been a couple years ago and I've mostly deleted a number of groups I was in.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, acedragons said:

Dont follow many people other than a few I've made friends with over the years.  Powerpyx has some awesome stuff that I've used.  Roosterteeth I used to use all the time.  Will say that I just heard of @Lawless_Llamas reviews and those sound awesome.  Will definitely check those out and hopefully hell do one for me sometime!

Always willing to do one for you my friend! :)

Edited by Lawless_Llama