The LEGO NINJAGO is free until May 21 2020

It's listed on ps deals so maybe it's another 1 of those stay at home and play promotion things?

Edit: after reading the ps deals site I'm 90% sure it is part of the playathome initiative from PlayStation cause it says so on its page

Edited by Taliesin_2943

16 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

says so on its page

Where does it say that? PS Deals scans every listing available. Not sure how it's related.

edit. Oh, there it is... very sneaky :D

E70bmVe.png

Edited by HusKy

12 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Where does it say that? PS Deals scans every listing available. Not sure how it's related.

What's inside

LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game PlayAtHome
 LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game - Pre-Order (PS4)
 LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game Theme (PS4)
 The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game (PS4)

i figured the playathome part was an indication

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

What's inside

LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game PlayAtHome
 LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game - Pre-Order (PS4)
 LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game Theme (PS4)
 The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game (PS4)

i figured the playathome part was an indication

Yeah, I found it after my post. Looks like premature rollout in US store, similar to Pacman Championship game.

Thanks for the heads up, if it is a stay at home thing I'll be stunned if it doesn't come to other regions but I picked it up anyway just in case.

I already have the plat so it's for if my daughter fancies playing it. Its decent as lego games go. Not amazing but not bad.

Thank you OP for pointing this out!

Having this be my first LEGO game in a while (and on this account) at zero cost is great! I was put off by the Ninjago Movie simply because I wasn’t into this sub-franchise, but I guess I’ll have to watch it now because of this. From what I’ve heard it’s better than the slightly-disappointing LEGO Movie 2 (which I watched on a flight to Los Angeles lol).

I gave this a go on my Xbone on Game Pass recently and it really wasn't worth it. Ridiculous load times for new areas, same boring Lego gameplay and the final straw was it crashing on me. It seems like the Lego games get buggier every year from my experience, and when the gameplay hasn't evolved at all in 15 years it's not really worth it. Not surprised that it got boot off Game Pass today. Free is free but there's better ways to be spending 25 hours.

Just a warning for those picking up this game: LEGO Ninjago does NOT follow the typical LEGO game formula of Story Mode followed by Free Play. Yes, there is a story mode and of couse, you will have to do a shit ton of collectible clean-up, but the game setting is more like an open world, rather than a chapter select.

I've played a handful of LEGO games with my son, and neither of us liked this game; simply put, it just isn't fun. And like all, LEGO games, do your research in advance so hopefully, you can avoid the glitches. 

Free is a great price for this game, just be ready that it if you are a LEGO veteran, this one has a different style to it.

- Forgot to add, there is a race that will be a platinum blocker for a number of people. Half the battle is getting the camera to cooperate with your movements. The City Docks race is the toughest task I have found in a LEGO game. 

Edited by PerryToxteth
  • Like 1