A Look at the Future of Gaming on PlayStation 5 June 11, 2020

Aranea Highwind

I don't think much effort was put into purging this thread of off-topic posts when Gamers™️ bad and Gamergate are among the first few things I see. ?

Anyway, I had a feeling it would only be delayed a week. Do we know how long the event is going to be?

There are rumors floating around that Gran Turismo 7 will be shown at the event and will be a launch title for the PS5, if that is true then I'll be one happy man. GT is a system seller and having GT 7 on release would be fantastic for Sony. 

Parker

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parker said:

There are rumors floating around that Gran Turismo 7 will be shown at the event and will be a launch title for the PS5, if that is true then I'll be one happy man. GT is a system seller and having GT 7 on release would be fantastic for Sony. 

Parker

Only if they bring back Simulation mode for me. The fact that it's missing from Sport is still a sore point for me and why I never played it

8 hours ago, Parker said:

Parker

Please be true. Sport was a decent game but i would like them to go back to their routs and concentrate on the single player again. Maybe similar to gt aspec or if not a remastered version. Only single player in sport if i remember was trying to do sections of tracks in the best time.

I'd like to hear a lot about backwards compatibility (old games are still games after all) and a new Killzone would be fun. Don't think care much for any of the IPs introduced during the PS4 era, but I hope thers who do enjoy them will have their fancy tickled by the showcase :)

Edited by Parker
  • Like 1

Since people can't focus on discussing "The Future Of Gaming On PlayStation 5" and continue to argue the reasoning of the postponing of the event, I'll have to lock this one up again.

Edit: I'll probably unlock this on the day of the event to let people discuss it again.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

I think I'm one of the few more interested in the features of the console than any games that'll be shown. How does their supposed new sound system work? Will it be able to play and hold multiple games at a given time? Media support?

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

I'm excited about how it looks and its features more than the games lineup or remakes/remasters. I have a never-ending wishlist and backlog, so when I get my hands on the PS5, I'll probably mostly play PS4 games for a while. :) 

Edited by Mayellie
  • Like 1

DON'T DERAIL THE THREAD

DON'T SAY IT

Spoiler

/$$   /$$ /$$   /$$  /$$$$$$   /$$$$$$  /$$   /$$       /$$$$$$$$ /$$   /$$ /$$$$$$$  /$$$$$$$$ /$$$$$$$$
| $$  /$$/| $$$ | $$ /$$__  $$ /$$__  $$| $$  /$$/      |__  $$__/| $$  | $$| $$__  $$| $$_____/| $$_____/
| $$ /$$/ | $$$$| $$| $$  \ $$| $$  \__/| $$ /$$/          | $$   | $$  | $$| $$  \ $$| $$      | $$      
| $$$$$/  | $$ $$ $$| $$$$$$$$| $$      | $$$$$/           | $$   | $$$$$$$$| $$$$$$$/| $$$$$   | $$$$$   
| $$  $$  | $$  $$$$| $$__  $$| $$      | $$  $$           | $$   | $$__  $$| $$__  $$| $$__/   | $$__/   
| $$\  $$ | $$\  $$$| $$  | $$| $$    $$| $$\  $$          | $$   | $$  | $$| $$  \ $$| $$      | $$      
| $$ \  $$| $$ \  $$| $$  | $$|  $$$$$$/| $$ \  $$         | $$   | $$  | $$| $$  | $$| $$$$$$$$| $$$$$$$$
|__/  \__/|__/  \__/|__/  |__/ \______/ |__/  \__/         |__/   |__/  |__/|__/  |__/|________/|________/

Is it the first time that next gen games are shown without even revealing how the console looks or works?

Anyway, I’m excited for both, but its kinda weird. I’ll wait for tomorrow when they upload the streaming on 4K since the last streamings had a bad quality, and honestly, seen next gen games somewhat blurry feels underwhelming.