Has game ever made you cry? (Spoiler?)

XxlNooobZxX

I remember crying to “The Walking Dead: Season 1” when Clementine shot Lee in the end. Also Sarah’s death in “The Last of Us”, the va did a good job in it.

Kinda off-topic, but that red haired girl’s death in Megadimension Neptunia gave depression.

This topic is dead...

Edited by XxlNooobZxX
  • Like 1

I think the walking dead Season 1 with lee being killed was sad and made me cry along with final season as when you see lee in the dream it is sad, also red dead 3 made me cry with how Arthur dies. he is dying and basically saying to the guy who raised him I gave you all I had there was nothing I wouldn't do all the talk about loyalty gone and you see how Dutch's face is when he is basically unable to say a single word as he walks off and if you played Arthur as a good guy he dies looking at the sun rising just like he wanted well he wanted to die and seeing the sunset but he saw it rise to show he did something good in the end. it makes me want to cry more when I think of it as you saw everything of the guy all the sides of him he was the most human you could see.

but yeah most games I don't cry over. I mean on last of us I didn't give two craps about Joel's kid dying in the first 20mins of the game. it was forced and same with Sarah's death to really give a moment of someone dying you need to build it right. and give a reason of why the player should give a crap.

Tears to Tiara II (But I'm giving it a penalty since right when I was crying my balls out, it cut to some boobies).

Trails of Cold Steel II, the ending messed me up. Probably since it was the last game I brought for my PS3, so it was a farewell to the console itself too

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 1

The Walking Dead season 1

God of War (2018)

4 hours ago, SirensSalvation said:

I was going to say Clementine and Lee as well, but I didn't have her shoot him. In games with moral decisions like that, I feel that it is morally wrong to kill someone when they are still human.

I guess thats from the Biblical studies.

• Like 1

I don't think I've cried at a game, but do recall having... watering happening? Where nothing drops but the opening to what would happen when crying basically. Where if you decided you wanted to have a cry you likely could. That sort of feeling.

The list isn't extensive and sadly I didn't note them. Only one I know for certain was Virtue's Last Reward in Luna's Ending. The character of Luna, what is transpiring in the ending, the music, it all comes together excellently. 

I dunno, but why would I? Video games, much like movies, are fiction and not meant to be taken way too seriously. Crying over something you are escaping from reality like video games would make zero sense. :lol: The only time I cried in a video game was when I was crying from laughter for reasons like bugs and glitches that I find hilarious. ? I played To The Moon and Finding Paradise once on PC, which are known to cause emotional downpour, and it was remotely useless on an emotional level. PewDiePie, who played the latter, actually cried in the final part of the gameplay, while I just laughed it off. It's hilarious, because VGs are supposed to let you escape from reality, not the other way around. I simply wanted to get to the end and play a new game.

Edited by BadRep24

The first game that comes to mind is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Still one of the best and most memorable games I ever played in my entire life. Spent the summer of 1999 with a friend (who is sadly long gone) playing this, taking turns. We discovered secrets just by wandering around Hyrule. Games were games, but what Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo put out was a true masterpiece.

The story, the shift from child Link to adult Link in how everything changed, and of course the soundtrack. Just hearing that Hyrule music brings a tear to my eye.

Modern video games just don't give me the same feeling.

• Like 2

I'm a big crybaby, so yes. Anything remotely emotional makes me tear up. Here's some games that hit me right in the feels:

- The Walking Dead: Season 1 (for reasons listed earlier in the thread by others)

- Yakuza 0 (deaths of certain characters I liked, and how sad the scenes were)

- The Witcher 3 ( 1) cried because I finished the main story, since I loved it.  2) Got the "worst" ending... so yeah.)

- Life is Strange

- The Last of Us (Parts 1&2)

I think The Walking Dead Season 1 is the closest I've gotten at the end, at least that I can remember.

There are quite a few games that hung with me for a few days/weeks after finishing though.  SOMA, Life is Strange, Stanley Parable.  Didn't make me cry but certainly made me think.

5 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

No, I don't think so. But closest I ever came to it was probably MGS4. Man, that game hit me right in the feels. Also as someone mentioned above, Stein's Gate.

Yeah, same here. I can't think of the last time I cried in real life, let alone a video game. But that MGS4 was definitely a sad one. I wish they would do a remake on it so I could enjoy it all over again.

I'm not big on crying but a few games have definitely almost got me to. (This is pretty full of spoilers so watch out)

Final Fantasy 15 was a big one. I was already pretty amp'd up by the whole coming back after 10 years, grown up, accepting of his fate, ready to save the world thing. Then I was dumbfounded when they actually killed him. Then Stand By Me started playing and I was just sitting there in amazement at how perfect that moment was... Then they faintly started playing the dialogue from when they were pushing the car at the start and it just hit me in such a weird way, I almost lost it lol.

Red Dead 2 had multiple spots. After Arthur saved Abigail and went after Dutch alone with that sad ass song playing. Arthur's death of course. John purposing to Abigail after all the bullshit they went through. John riding at the end to kill Micah. Man, that game really knew how to toy with my emotions.

FF13-2 almost got me for some reason too. I just didn't see that ending coming at all and it really caught me off guard I guess lol.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Red Dead 2 had multiple spots. After Arthur saved Abigail and went after Dutch alone with that sad ass song playing. Arthur's death of course. John purposing to Abigail after all the bullshit they went through. John riding at the end to kill Micah. Man, that game really knew how to toy with my emotions.

Yeah, Arthur's death was a pretty sad moment. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed playing such an amazing character in a video game. I really liked his demeanor and personality. I was actually very lucky and had a friend of mine tell me to do everything I wanted to do in the game before finishing the part where he died. That way I was able to enjoy playing his character for most of the game and I didn't have to use John for the clean-up. Not that I have a problem with John but he was not as great as Arthur. 

14 minutes ago, StressEater said:

Yeah, Arthur's death was a pretty sad moment. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed playing such an amazing character in a video game. I really liked his demeanor and personality. I was actually very lucky and had a friend of mine tell me to do everything I wanted to do in the game before finishing the part where he died. That way I was able to enjoy playing his character for most of the game and I didn't have to use John for the clean-up. Not that I have a problem with John but he was not as great as Arthur. 

On my second playthrough I started a bunch of side quests as Arthur, then finished them as John. There was a lot of "Arthur was a great man" type of dialogue as John explained why he was taking over. It was an amazing little touch imo.

3 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

On my second playthrough I started a bunch of side quests as Arthur, then finished them as John. There was a lot of "Arthur was a great man" type of dialogue as John explained why he was taking over. It was an amazing little touch imo.

I did not know that. I will try that on my next play through. I need to wrap up the 70 or 80 gold rank levels. So I figured I would just start a new run for that. However, someone did mention that they fixed it so when you replay a level, you do not get stuck with the crappy horse and no ammo.