Spiderman PS5 Character Model Downgraded, IMO

Kishnabe

Just now, EIdain said:

You have no way of knowing who cares. 1f642.png

I do, thats what comments, likes and dislikes are for ?

Just now, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I do, thats what comments, likes and dislikes are for 1f609.png

and if you look at those, the majority is dislikes and negative comments sooooo yeah, it be getting that negativity bruh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegetollo7 said:

Very jarring change and I don't really like the new kid look. The old model wasn't perfect but it's the look I grew accustomed to for this particular Spiderman universe.

Reminds me of when a show completely recasts an established character with a different actor.

he do be looking like a chad doe ?

• Like 1

Just now, vegetollo7 said:

Very jarring change and I don't really like the new kid look. The old model wasn't perfect but it's the look I grew accustomed to for this particular Spiderman universe.

Reminds me of when a show completely recasts an established character with a different actor.

Do you have similar reactions when Sony recasts the role of Peter Parker in the movies or when Marvel changes character designs in the comics? 

Given the sheer number if incarnations any comic book character has now it shouldn't be too jarring whenever changes happen, imho

Yeah, different actors come in when they do a reboot and start a new story.  This is different as it is a continuation of the story and a very odd choice.  

I guess they wanted to a cringe Tom Holland look and are going after the tween girl market!

Am I the only one who does not give a flying fuck about Peter Parker? The game is called Spiderman, I care about what the suit looks like and if the witty personality is done properly, not what mug or voice the nerd behind the suit has in all these usually useless padding scenes in between the interesting bits. Hell in the first Spiderman game I played you couldn't even see Spiderman without a suit during the main game, you had to unlock the Parker outfit in the Spiderman PS1 game after beating the game, it was a bonus outfit and the game was better for it. With all the actor changes the character had in recent years, I can't fathom how people still care enough to bitch about how he looks beneath the mask. Also, is this really how you want to continue through the next gen? Already complaining before it even started?

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TheNocturnalOwl said:

The difference with the movies and this is they usually take place in different universes. But me personally answering to this, yes, which is why I've and others lose interest in superheroes because of how superficial and inconsequential they can become. I enjoyed the game and thought maybe this could be different, that it wouldn't go back on things which is common to the genre, but seeing this I'm left disappointed. 

People online and their opinions are strange af. Good thing the world runs on the silent majority that aren't trying to be snowflakes

All of you arguing about this looks better, no that looks better, no that looks worse, etc etc.....

I'm over here like:  Wtf? Why did they make him look so different? That's MY problem with it. Regardless of whether you think it looks better or worse...... it looks stupid, because it's like having an entirely new character/person playing Peter Parker. Also, they made him look about 15-16 years old.

So even if I were to personally think the PS5 LOOKS better.... it still looks stupid because it's a different character. In my mind... it's a different character.

But in the end, really not a big deal... because you'll get used to it lol.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EIdain said:

5.8K dislikes isn't even 5% of the people who have watched the video. How are you going to say that it's the majority?

You, good sir, would make a terrible analyst. We have a 2 to 1 dislike/like ratio and that is the only thing that matters here.  Too controversial of a change.

Probably some corporative bullcrap is going over. Like, they couldn't get the old actor to do the sequel, for example. I hope the negative outburst will impact something.

• Like 1

It looks terrible. #NOTMYSPIDERMAN. 

Seriously though, I played the original on PS4 and the model's face is so much more full of life. I was actually considering getting the deluxe version to get the platnium again on the remastered version, but this is wack. I wouldn't be able to take it seriously with this dudes face. Saving the extra $20. 

Edited by psycho_clank314
  • Like 2

Meh, it's no big deal to me honestly. I like the old Peter better but this new one is okay.

The only thing I have any issue with is that the reason they gave for the change sounds like a bunch of hooplah to me, there are plenty of voice actors who voice characters that look nothing like them and it's still fantastic.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Do you have similar reactions when Sony recasts the role of Peter Parker in the movies or when Marvel changes character designs in the comics? 

Given the sheer number if incarnations any comic book character has now it shouldn't be too jarring whenever changes happen, imho

Typically when that happens you have a new story arc taking place and/or the property is undergoing a reboot. Not the case here.

So yes, I find the sudden character model change re-inserted into the game a bit jarring.

• Like 2