Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

Gone through some more levels, managed 7/38 platinum relics with each one taking maybe 30 minutes of practice to get so far. I'll be honest the platinum times haven't felt too harsh so far, I feel like in terms of difficulty they are probably somewhere between golds and platinums of the original games. Most levels it's felt like I can get the gold easily enough by maintaining triple spin and hitting 80% of time crates. Got the platinum relic on Booty Calls first completed run and reached 12th on the online leaderboards so pretty proud of that, still under the dev time though lol. I still feel that triple spin is a sort of annoying mechanic but whatever.

There is some straight up timing bullshit with the platinum ghosts though, load up any level that includes the rope swings and you will watch the ghost do them in timings that just should not be possible. Segments with multiple rope swings all set to a time where the 2nd or 3rd you have to wait for the ghost will just jump right on and swing across leaving you about a second or two behind which is super annoying. For the most part timing of things is consistent but I've had some times where things aren't quite where they should be, I sort of wish everything on a timer would reset when you hit the clock like crates. For the most part though the platinum ghost seems to make a mistake somewhere in most levels so that's usually your chance to beat it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

Gone through some more levels, managed 7/38 platinum relics with each one taking maybe 30 minutes of practice to get so far. I'll be honest the platinum times haven't felt too harsh so far, I feel like in terms of difficulty they are probably somewhere between golds and platinums of the original games. Most levels it's felt like I can get the gold easily enough by maintaining triple spin and hitting 80% of time crates. Got the platinum relic on Booty Calls first completed run and reached 12th on the online leaderboards so pretty proud of that, still under the dev time though lol. I still feel that triple spin is a sort of annoying mechanic but whatever.

There is some straight up timing bullshit with the platinum ghosts though, load up any level that includes the rope swings and you will watch the ghost do them in timings that just should not be possible. Segments with multiple rope swings all set to a time where the 2nd or 3rd you have to wait for the ghost will just jump right on and swing across leaving you about a second or two behind which is super annoying. For the most part timing of things is consistent but I've had some times where things aren't quite where they should be, I sort of wish everything on a timer would reset when you hit the clock like crates. For the most part though the platinum ghost seems to make a mistake somewhere in most levels so that's usually your chance to beat it.

Already seen my share of livestreams and videos. This game looks pretty damn tough.

Won't be Super Meat Boy levels of difficulty for me I don't think, but it will definitely be pretty challenging. Definitely one to be proud of when you're finally done with it.

5 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Can you turn the ghosts off? TBH I think having them there would stress me out more than help in most cases, lol

Yep, you can turn it off in the options > gameplay menu. They are helpful when learning a level but there are times when they can get distracting/demotivating.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

It's because things like the ropes are set to start swinging when you reach a certain spot, so if the ghost was even just slightly faster then they may have just been able to get through. Since you're watching the rope that started based on you arriving at that spot it ends up looking like it's impossible.

7 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

It's because things like the ropes are set to start swinging when you reach a certain spot, so if the ghost was even just slightly faster then they may have just been able to get through. Since you're watching the rope that started based on you arriving at that spot it ends up looking like it's impossible.

I have noticed this, however it still doesn't seem to always be the case. This still happens when I am in front of the ghost or in step with it, I can enter the segment and pass through it faster then the ghost but the ghost will still get a faster swing off most of the time. It's very noticable at the start of N Sanity Peak which has 3 rope swings slightly separated from eachother.

4 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Its a kids game people, period

(and im not knocking that) Just suggesting the trophies, you know what, i dont care ffs lol

crash was developed to compete against segas sonic and nintendos mario, other platforms childrens games

facts

jesus christ you guys are inflating this beyond checking my notifications at this point Lmao

The PEGI rating is actually 12+. Teenagers =/= kids.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Dont mind me as this is just a rant i wanted to get out there but I dont get it with developers these days And this is just my opinion but a mascot game, A game that represents a specific brand or console (Mario bros, spyro the Dragon, crash bandicoot, sonic the hedgehog, etc) should be relatively easy and straightforward with a progressive challenge.  Where the games start off easy and gets harder along the way. Games like Mario and Crash Bandicoot will generally see a ranging demographic of users from new and young to the older and more distinguished gamers who wanna re-live those moments of playing these characters when they were younger.  These kind of games should have a fairly common completion rating as these titles are whats going to drive sales to Specific consoles, as it was a thing of past generations, sega vs super nintendo, sonic vs mario, etc.  i dont know whats the reasoning with developers to make these kid friendly titles so difficult these days. Lets take what everyone loved and ramp up the difficulty by a million, thats bad formula and will keep people from wanting to play it, thats probably why Mario is the true champion of all the mascots.  Anyone can dive into the game and master it with little to no effort, its pure enjoyment, not a testament of How great your hand and eye coordination is.

just dont go for the platinum if you dont want the challenge. Easy  Fix.  

you can have fun in a game without going for the platinum? my god what a concept.

and didnt know having fun was tied to 100% completion.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, princefan2407 said:

Some YouTubers got 106% and from what I see, the 6% is added by Perfect Relics, not by Platinum. So, the worst enemy is... our need to plat. You want a plat? Go get the plat :D

What is the source? I would give up if I need perfect relics. It's taken me hours to get 6/38 platinum relics.

1 hour ago, offdutysuperhero said:

you can have fun in a game without going for the platinum? my god what a concept.

Naw, screw having fun.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offdutysuperhero said:

Exactly. Ive realised that recently with falls guys and tony hawks remake.

Brilliant games but i will never get the plat (unless they make it easier for level 100 on thps). I just enjoy the game and see how many trophys i can eventually pop

On 10/3/2020 at 7:48 PM, stargate1995 said:

huge tip I will give everyone playing through the game right now is to put your spin onto the L1 button. Placing it on the L1 button allows you to continue triple spinning while jumping and doing more complex maneuvers and was what gave me the edge on the platinum time. You're going to want to get used to this asap and the longer you're used to :square: the longer you are going to fight muscle memory.

Anyone else got button mapping suggestion? My hand alone cramps pressing square and circle simultaneously.

This game is every bit hard and I welcome the challenge. I knew this game would be different when I can't even manage, Rude Awakening platinum relic. 

Edited by Hedgito
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hedgito said:

Anyone else got button mapping suggestion? My hand alone cramps pressing square and circle simultaneously.

This game is every bit hard and I welcome the challenge. I knew this game would be different when I can't even manage, Rude Awakening platinum relic. 

Don't bother going for time trials till you have triple spin, it's pretty much required for them. Sapphire ghost doesn't seem to use any special movement (and bumbles around a heap), gold ghost rarely if ever uses triple spin and platinum ghost uses triple spin for everything but parts that require jumping/finer movement.

Getting used to sliding with R1 (default mapping) is useful because it means you can do everything with separate fingers if you also have spin on L1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

Don't bother going for time trials till you have triple spin, it's pretty much required for them. Sapphire ghost doesn't seem to use any special movement (and bumbles around a heap), gold ghost rarely if ever uses triple spin and platinum ghost uses triple spin for everything but parts that require jumping/finer movement.

Getting used to sliding with R1 (default mapping) is useful because it means you can do everything with separate fingers if you also have spin on L1.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

R1 - Sliding 

L1  - Spinning

Game is unforgiving. i love and hate it... best explained by this chat with my buddy

Screenshot_20201004-212151_Snapchat.jpg

haha...

20 hours ago, Alos88 said:

Can you turn the ghosts off? TBH I think having them there would stress me out more than help in most cases, lol

yes in options 

Edited by LegacyJKO09
  • Like 2

Going for the plat always meant overcoming certain difficulties and it can be tied to having more or less fun with a game but in general it should be challenging for the average player. That's the whole purpose of achievements imo, hence the name :)

Getting platinums usually distinguishes players who look for a challenge from those who don't care about trophies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

so here you are you fucking gaming twat

This made me lol.

This platinum will definitely separate the boys from the men. Nothing has discouraged me from getting this game myself, even if I don't bother with the platinum, it still looks a blast to play.

• Like 1