Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

13 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

It’s an interesting update to say the least, basically it seems like they’re not changing the actual level cap but just inflating the numbers and making it to where you level up more often but as you get closer to 999 it will exponentially take longer to level up

I have also wanted that generic trophy level symbol to change depending on what your level was, so I’m really happy to see that be a thing now

Also great to see the French website seemed to confirm individual trophy progress tracking too

That being said, Sony still isn’t doing anything about the shovelware trophy lists, so if you have hundreds of lists breaking the system, what’s the point of making unrelated changes that won’t event fix it? Lol

Mango lives!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

Why not think a little bit before saying something is dumb?

I thought about it, and I think it's dumb. Why don't you take three steps the fuck back and let people have opinions about things.

Unless the new system scales drastically around level 700, it's not an improvement at all (with the exception of level cap going beyond 100).

• Like 3

I heard a rumor that the French PS Blog also let out that trophy progression tracking was on the way as well.  Not sure if that’ll be a PS5 exclusive feature, but I’m excited to see what’s to come.

I want a trophy cabinet for my profile too.  Sony, please.

Edit - went back a couple pages and you all already knew about that rumor.

Edited by Jounochi
  • Like 1

What they should do regarding plats is a flexible points system based on rarity. For example having an ultra rare plat nets you 500 points, 400 for very rare, 300 for rare, 200 for common or whatever.

Sure people's points would fall a little now and then (especially when first implemented if did it with all prior plats too) , but I feel like at this stage it's the only thing that would actively combat the countless extremely easy platinums that there are. 

• Like 2

To be honest, I don't really care about what trophy level I have. But I'm nerdy about stats and I liked the kind of milestones with each lvl up. So basically my problem now is this:

4 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

I just realized that the last three years, I've paid extra attention to the trophy on which I dinged a new PSN level so from 19-28, it's all been very carefully engineered and now that's going to all have been for nothing. I guess that's what I get for making more of trophy hunting than need be! 

?

I think it would be cool to keep the old level calculations in some separate stats - maybe as another milestones ranking or whatever.

But if not, well, obviously I can stop tracking that stuff and just stay with the "regular milestones" ?

11 minutes ago, BigTigzz said:

What they should do regarding plats is a flexible points system based on rarity. For example having an ultra rare plat nets you 500 points, 400 for very rare, 300 for rare, 200 for common or whatever.

Sure people's points would fall a little now and then (especially when first implemented if did it with all prior plats too) , but I feel like at this stage it's the only thing that would actively combat the countless extremely easy platinums that there are. 

This is essentially what TrueAchievements and TrueTrophies does, rarer games give you higher TA scores because a lower % of people have the achievements/trophies and completions. Someone with 200,000G can have a higher TA score than someone with 500,000G if the later played easy games, for example, and the former played Souls games.

The issue with this system would be that if a game goes onto a subscription service (i.e. on Xbox Game Pass, on PS I guess the upcoming PS+ collection) it'll always artificially inflate the score. A disproportionate amount of people try it and put it down if they don't like it, even if it is an easy completion if they aren't into trophies. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

I want to see more of a change tbh. I think a dark souls plat should be worth more than an I am mayo. Maybe decrease in value as more get it. Making the pay for platinum trophies even more meaningless.

I'd also like to see a change depending on what difficulty you played the game on. Spider-Man for example. If I play it on hard or easy I get the exact same platinum. There should be something to show the difference.

Seems pointless. If a level 12 will now be 200ish i imagine that a level 100+ will instantly hit 999. 

1 hour ago, Baranov_925 said:

this idea is dumb as fuck, instead of fixing glitched trophies, they gonna raise your meaningless level by doing exact same shit we used to do for last couple years

Yeah cause playstation are the ones fixing broken trophies and not the developers...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Seems pointless. If a level 12 will now be 200ish i imagine that a level 100+ will instantly hit 999.

Hakoom propably will be

11 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah cause playstation are the ones fixing broken trophies and not the developers...

my point is they do, like, nothing in that aspect

29 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I'd also like to see a change depending on what difficulty you played the game on. Spider-Man for example. If I play it on hard or easy I get the exact same platinum. There should be something to show the difference.

They have those already, they’re called difficulty trophies :P 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

I just realized that the last three years, I've paid extra attention to the trophy on which I dinged a new PSN level so from 19-28, it's all been very carefully engineered and now that's going to all have been for nothing. I guess that's what I get for making more of trophy hunting than need be! 

Well, that's me screwed.... atm I have 81 consecutive PSN levels marked with a plat.... all that planning now going down the toilet

• Like 2

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Are trophy levels still 1-100? I thought that was changed some time ago.

Other than that, I don't know how I like this. Without some sort of hard numbers, it just feels like re-centering the trophy system, they way they did the with the SAT once (moving the center from 700 to 870, for no apparently good reason)..

If you look at Hakoom on psn now (pre update), his level is 100. PSNProfiles extends the leveling system PSN uses to allow for levels over 100

5 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Well, that's me screwed.... atm I have 81 consecutive PSN levels marked with a plat.... all that planning now going down the toilet

With lots of players on this site being lvl 500+, that whole interface is going to be wonky for everyone tbh

To me this sounds like Sony is saying the lore of trophies should mean that trophy level is what you should be measured on and not anything else. 

Not platinums or number of trophies or completion %. 

I wonder if all trophy sites will make the leaderboards soley based on the new trophy level (which they probably should) 

I think this is a good change and means we all focus on something different if this is what the official direction Sony is taking 

Edited by jackm57