What is your greatest achievement in gaming?

Trumpet_Boi_208

Back in the days of PS3 I played a lot of DJ Hero. I would still say to this day that being the first person to score a 100% full combo on every mix on Expert on both games during that era is my greatest achievement in gaming. Good times.

Edited by IKARUS-M1
  • Like 4

My greatest achievement in gaming history is definitely my 173 win streak in Free For All on Black Ops 2. It was my specialty. Even joining a game midway, I’d still come out on top. Now the sad news about this is that my streak got reset after I believe one of the worldwide PS3 hacks that occurred. It could’ve been a much higher streak, in the 200s id say as I continued to win game after game but I was devastated to see it reset ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Fall Guys Infallible Trophy- Even with Squads found it pretty hard to do
Although I did managed to do it with Squads quite a few times had a 9 Episode Win streak going in Squads almost a double infallible run
Other things
Completing the Pokedex in Pokemon
Beating the Drakeguard 3 Final Boss
Rayman Legends Truly Awesome Trophy
GTA IV Platinum
And that 3 vs 1 Round I essentially had in Fall Guys as well was probably one of the best wins in Squads.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 9:25 PM, Shiiinjitsu said:

I would have to say winning the Middleweight and Heavyweight World Championship belt on Fight Night Champion online. The game is usually plagued with spammers, and the champion will usually not fight you if your overall fighter ranks the same as theirs. So if you want a shot at the world title, you have to play with a handicap. Unfortunately, EA has one of the worst clauses on winning a title. You have to fight three fights every day and win to maintain your title. Only was able to last three days. Still considered the best and most exciting and thrilling moment of my gaming history. 

Please EA, bring back Fight Night to Playstation! 

giphy.gif 

Nice and yes please!

• Like 1

For me my best moment in gaming was way back on the PS1. I managed to beat MGS1 on Extreme mode. This was before my family (and probably my town) had the internet, so there were no guides or hints. The 1 hit kills by most anything, practically no health, basically no supplies or ammo, surviving 6 rounds in the ‘torture scene’, it was all seemed so impossible. 

I remember the fight against ‘Psycho Mantis’ took me almost 3 hours to complete (with multiple attempts, each one taking over an hour each try). All his bullshit ‘mind reading’ lightning fast reflexes, making ‘Meryl’ shoot herself if you weren’t insanely fast/positioned to save her, dodging his crazy randomised attacks & occasionally landing a stray punch every 10-15 mins if I was crazy lucky. Whittling his health down over those long hours, but I finally beat him, I remember my hands were shaking, and I was jumping around the room in a fit of joy. It took me weeks to beat him.

And I recall the rage I felt when after I bragged at school how I finally beat him on extreme mode, I found out you could just use controller 2 so he couldn’t read your mind… HE WOULD JUST FLOAT THERE LIKE A BIG DUMB PUNCHING BAG, TAKE A BEATING AND DIE ON THE FLOOR, LIKE A COMMON PIÑATA…

I returned home, loaded up and old save and tried it…….. There is no curse in Elvish, Entish or the tongues of Men for this treachery…

still best moment by far when I finished it…

Edited by Batman_Karnage
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

It's been mentioned by a few here, but just the fact that I'm pushing 48 years on this rock and enjoying gaming just as much if not more than when I was a kid. That means more to me than any trophy or ranking ever will.

• Like 4

On 10/21/2020 at 9:09 AM, VanDeaM said:

1. Killing Kil'jaden and completing the Sunwell Pleatau Raid at the end of burning crusade. I legit cried we killed him.

2. Making it into the top 500 trophy leaderboards during the PS3 era with no imports/easy Japanese games. It's also one of my biggest regrets as well, for obvious reasons.

I legit cried when we were first to clear the 25 man heroic Lich King back in the day. The WoW raids as a whole were very memorable. The achievements there are probably what got me into trophy hunting now.

I'm not sure how I would rank them in terms of my most proudest achievements but in recent memory the only thing that comes to mind is earning the ultimate flex in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled which consists of the following; Dr N.Tropy, Legendary Digital Dr N.Tropy skin, Champion Kart, Relic Platinum Paint, Emperor Velo 27th Champion Kart Decal and the Master wheels. To put into context how long it would take to do all that depending on your ability would be anywhere from 50-150 hours.  

• Like 2

A few ones come to my mind, all from the pre-trophies era:

- competing the second quest of The Legend of Zelda (yep, I’m that old ?);

- getting all 120 stars in Super Mario 64;

- competing all 80 gold medals licences in Gran Turismo 4

Much less to report in recent times, probably because I no longer can spend as much time in gaming. You know, life and all these kind of things ?

Edited by Neef-GT5

My greatest achievement in gaming was in the past at manager online sports games (I played these games until 2014)...

Spain ice hockey national coach 4 times at Power Play Manager (1st sport in this website) and world champion at season 14 (runner-up in season 13), 1 time at Cycling For Fun (world champion) and 1 time at Trophymanager (quarter-final in Euro). 

With my club (Fritz167 Team)...

PPM 1 national league (season 5) and 2 cups (seasons 6 & 11) in ice hockey and semis (season 15) at secondary world club tournament.

Trophymanager runner-up national league and 10 times cup finalist (2 championships), quarter-final at secondary european tournament.

Cycling For Fun champion (season 14) and runner-up (season 13) before the reboot.

Edit...

https://i.postimg.cc/PTst6c5d/ppmtrofeo.jpg

Edited by geunc

Back in FIFA 17 days, I had a few flawless FUT champions weekends, so 40 out of 40 online head to head wins in ultimate team. Considering I never spent any real money on the game, like packs, was proud of that!

Trophy wise, I would say Velocity 2X is my hardest "skill-based" platinum, so was very happy for that one.

And co-op/trophy wise, getting the COD WWII hard easter egg done with randoms with no mic/text communication at all! Made even harder that two dropped out, so it ended up being a duo against a ton of enemies and the final boss. Got that trophy, and cleaned up the rest for another tough plat!

• 2 weeks later...

For probably about a month I was ranked first in Rockband 2's leaderboards for expert drums on "My Name is Jonas". There's probably something more impressive but for some reason this minor achievement comes to mind. Maybe because I was young and never had been number 1 on any leaderboard, probably haven't again lol

• Like 1

In 2018's summer I realized I had 63% completion. I didn't know what it was. Since I discovered that %, I have had a big OCD which has transformed me into a completist. Since that summer I have been completing unfinished games that I had started a long time ago. Nowadays I have reached 93,8% and keep growing. That's my greatest achievement in gaming :D.

• Like 3

I remember sitting on the couch with my fiancé, my fingers frantically going nuts across the screen of my Vita trying to beat the last challenge tower of MK9. It involved beating Mileena, Kintaro and Kahn while also wiping blood from the screen. I asked her to help and like some comedy, four hands were in play and boom, beat it. Second MK9 plat. I love that woman. We now have 2 kids.

• Like 4