Introducing the new PlayStation App, redesigned to enhance your gaming experiences on PS4 and PS5

Ghost

Can’t wait to try out this update. I use it often enough and I have to say that I disliked having separate apps.

Really happy they’ve listened to the complaints regarding the party chats too, hope the next update fixes things.

• Like 1

I like the new app. It's fast and responsive. Will definitely use this instead of the webstore.

I noticed activities you've done and from friends are now gone. Profile banner is also removed.

Edited by Ghost

14 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I just checked and it's not available in the UK yet. 

It’s available now - i’m in uk and it updated on my phone this morning.

Pretty nice - snappy and well laid out. My only gripe is the disappearance of the ‘wishlist’ function from the store, but I suspect that will come back soon enough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

What does age have to do with liking a needed upgrade to an outdated app? 

Age doesnt have anything to do with this. I feel like this is the right moves to make by Sony. 

Sure it kinda sucks that they have removed the ps3/vita sections of the store. But it looks a lot better, has better potential for future implementations. 

Sure it looks kinda user unfriendly, but you just have to learn how to get around and it will feel a lot better...

2 hours ago, Jauk91 said:

Age doesnt have anything to do with this. I feel like this is the right moves to make by Sony. 

Sure it kinda sucks that they have removed the ps3/vita sections of the store. But it looks a lot better, has better potential for future implementations. 

Sure it looks kinda user unfriendly, but you just have to learn how to get around and it will feel a lot better...

This is one "good" change out of what, several changes they made many of us think are bad?  It's snazzy and looks sleek. Really all I have to say on it.

Edited by Spaz

I like how they cleaned it up a bit. Much less clutter and seems to be working faster. Like the overall design with curved edges and colour gradients. It's got a pretty unique style and they have gone out of their way to implement something different from current design and style guidelines for apps.

I also like the dark mode for the Store more than the white web version, still missing sorting and filtering results there.

I just wish there was some way to highlight or better see the games/content you have already purchased (plain white text is not eye-catching enough, liked how it used to be blue).

One final note, the infinite scroll in the Store is a great improvement over the paged implementation before, I'd just like to point out that it could be loading slightly faster/earlier and not have to fill the screen with empty boxes before pulling data for the content it should be showing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Game Library is pretty bad though. You can't filter or search your games, you don't even see their names.

Yeah, seems like they forgot to add filters/sorting throughout. The Store also lacks that functionality.

I get why they don't what to show the names, but it should be a toggle somewhere rather than not showing them at all.

Its cool and now can finally remove the old messager app. 

But I like the old function which shows my friends got trophies like what I see on ps4's whats news. I can also give a like on them but now it is showing what I recently play and I dont need to know. 

Edited by ShadowSkill
  • Like 1

Like the New look.

Did someone has also under the settings of the app under push messages (not Sure if its shown like this cause i have only the Translation in my language on it) the option to activate push messages for "wishlist updates"? 

Not Sure why they implement something like this in the New app if wishlist is not in use anymore.

I find it funny that they went with version 20.9.3 instead of a round number. :D

(Also, I really like it. Seems like they made it much more functional (and pretty) as opposed to the store)

Edited by visighost

11 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

It's still not updated for me. I have android version 8.1.0 and live in the US. The play store still says it's on version 19.15.0 and was last updated on March 23rd this year. I've tired both searching for it on the play store and using the link posted in the OP.

Try going to "My apps & games" in the Play store and see if it shows an available update for the app. That's what I had to do.

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Game Library is pretty bad though. You can't filter or search your games, you don't even see their names.

Search tab on the right basically has the same function, since it opens the same page and mostly every title is on the game’s logo.

I agree on the filter though.

I'm pretty excited to check this out, I like these companion apps and Playstation's needed an overhaul.  Especially to put it all into one app instead of splitting messages, etc out to it's own.

Kinda disappointing it still isn't up on the Google Play store.  For me at least.  How about waiting on the blog announcement until it's actually available? xD  I installed fresh from the store just a few minutes ago too and checked for updates after so I don't think it's a "go see if there's an update available" kinda situation.

Edited by Dreakon13

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

This is one "good" change out of what, several changes they made many of us think are bad?  It's snazzy and looks sleek. Really all I have to say on it.

So what OS are you running on your computer? Windows XP? 

If you dont like what sony is doing, stick to the older consoles or change brand instead of just throwing out your (almost all) comments. 

If you want to be negative, then come with suggestions to make it better or be a little bit more constructive. 

Why torment yourself with these "bad" moves by Sony. Go to xbox or pc then and spare us from your negativity.

• Like 2