Are You Buying Next-Gen OR Skipping it

hlomsa

for day one i would of got it for the excitement value, now with no new pre orders the excitement already went away. im not paying $70 for a game. my ps4 pro can do most of what ps5 can do at this stage. none of the upcoming games look interesting, maybe farcry in january but those games you can finish in 3 days to a week. i decided to buy a new camcorder instead with the money i had saved for ps5. i dont think i'll be missing out on much besides taking pictures of my ps5 for "likes" lol. i'll get it eventually but now im not in a rush. they would of sold alot more units if they didnt rush out a limited capacity.

and not to get to political but us american trump supporters are worried about money if biden becomes president. the biden/obama era some of us are old enough to remember job loss, unemployment from factories leaving on high taxes and job restrictions, high gas prices, among many other things that biden will bring back. when trump was president i could carelessly spend alot of money. after this month im going to be alot more cautious on my spending habits to watch the economy. if america isnt energy effiecient anymore they will start fucking with the middle east which means more wars.

I don't want to say skip, because every gaming generation brought with it truly fantastic games worth playing and are talked about years after they were made.

My concern is more for the companies leading the charge. Sony and Microsoft, I cannot say I agree with many of the decisions they've made in the past couple years. Especially since Sony moved their headquarters to California, there's been a lot more shit on censorship and other nonsense that I feel shouldn't even be a thing. But it is...... because numbers are what the bottom line is.

Will the next generation bring awesome games? Yes of course. I just don't have to agree with the businessmen and companies running the show.

• Like 1

Well... I got through a website (Very) after trying for ages and got to the payment page. The PS5 was MINE! I quickly pressed PayPal credit and fired through the options. I've no idea what happened, but instead of adding the £400 extra I needed to my PayPal Credit, I hit £1,400 and completely cleared my PayPal credit (I didn't mistype. It must've been an option to add money or clear the credit). Leaving me basically nothing in my personal bank. Obviously panicking, I phoned PayPal and they thankfully blocked the transaction.

So, quickly back to Very and they'd sold out! I manage to get on another site to the checkout annnnnnnd they don't accept PayPal and I can't afford £530 upfront for it :( OOOOOOR, so I thought. I checked the other day and I'd drunkenly put £530 into my Spaces account, JUST for the PS5. I could've bought it!

At the moment, I've got my money sat in PayPal Credit, itching for a release or my Spaces. But none are being released anywhere.

I'll wait a year or two, I don't care waiting as long as I'm working on my ps3-project and playing on my ps4 too but there's a big "but", I don't know if it's just me or what but I have the feeling of mmm how should I say it... something it's wrong with this new gen

Edited by Puppeter04

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Well said. Time will tell.

I am waiting for my ps5. It’s stuck in a warehouse atm. I kinda need the performance. I just can’t take fps drops anymore and it’s very noticeable for some people.

Edited by mvpeast

It's unlikely that I'll jump into the "next gen" in the near future. My old habit of buying electronic toys on day one has been broken, and I've already got plenty of backlog to play on PS4. There's even a few remaining PS3 games to finish up.

I find Sony's AAA titles to be largely homogeneous, anyway. Rarely does anything excite me, although I'd like to play Demon's Souls again.

No rush, more than enough games for me to play on PS3 and PS4 still. I got a PS4 two years into this gen, and unless a number of exclusive games come out that make me want to buy one (MGS5, Fallout 4 on PS4 for example), I see no rush. Plus I don't want to deal with a RRoD situation again, so I tend to stay away from early hardware.

• Like 1

I want it at some point, but not at release. For one, with everything going on there is the whole very limited quantity thing. I mean maybe tomorrow when it goes on actual sale you can find it, but if it is like trying to find a Switch was this past spring/summer... good luck with that. Then you know there is the fact that another new console is not the priority. We are planning a move, so a PS5 would be selfish and there is also just making sure we have ends meet and that takes priority over everything. 

• Like 1