Beware! Difficult Platinum!

Rebourne07

I did the challenge on my 4th attempt and then did it again for others to get...

I am now playing crash 4, and can say that crash 4 is by far harder than sackboy, I’d give sackboy a 4 at most, I know crash is a 9 but I haven’t finished it so I can’t rate it till then but it is certainly the harder end

• Like 2

I thought this might be easier online but that is NOT the case. Rarely if ever does more than 1 player actually make it to the 3rd segment (the blue/red spinning platforms). This is really only good online if you are going to let 1 person do the work for all 4 people.

As for me, I keep getting hung up in the crab section right now. I can consistently make it this far easily every time but then things go south fast. The furthest I made it so far was just to the end of the following section where the disappearing/reappearing section is. 

I've probably spent 3 hours so far replaying this over and over with no luck. I usually just keep an online lobby open and people come and go never really providing any help ?

• Like 1

On 3-1-2021 at 5:35 AM, LethalShark20 said:

I hope this is sarcasm.  

Sarcasm? I was dead serious ?.

38 minutes ago, johnclark12 said:

I've probably spent 3 hours so far replaying this over and over with no luck. I usually just keep an online lobby open and people come and go never really providing any help ?

3 hours!? 10/10 confirmed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

3 hours!? 10/10 confirmed!

Like I said, I was playing online and some of the players I played with were acting like they never did a platformer before ever. Was a waste of time, I was hoping someone that actually had some skill would show up and put on a good run!

Haven't had a chance to play this game yet, but the people I've talked to that have beat this as well as the other LBP games said this one was probably the easiest.  I remember having to ACE every level in the first LBP game and that seemed impossible until I started focusing on specific levels and learning how to play them.  Then everything fell in line rather quickly. This seems very similar to me and not something I would rank over a 5 at most.

• Like 1

I don't think any trophy with a 10% (and rising) rarity could ever be considered 9 or 10/10 in difficulty. Sure, it might be 10/10 compared to the rest of the Sackboy list, but in the general gaming world, it doesn't look like it even rates a mention, it is just notable for the 10min, no mistakes aspect.

Edited by barra333
  • Like 1

It took me a few hours over a couple nights but definitely doable. Getting gold isn't so much of an issue as the fact that you really just need to have a clean run to complete it. I took my time on the last few sections and finished with a little over 9 minutes. I agree with the 5/10 overall assessment for the game. In a way, I equate this trophy to one that takes time more than it being difficult. I assumed I'd have to put in the time to commit these levels to muscle memory and continuously progress. I never felt like it was out of reach and that I'd get it eventually.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 7:21 PM, Rebourne07 said:

The 3.5/10 difficulty rating on Powerpyx website is a disgusting lie. Ripsnorter challenge is a 9/10, the hardest challenge you have ever or will ever face in a platformer in your lifetime. Unless you are extremely dedicated to getting this platinum don't even start. The trophy is "String it Together" Watch a few YouTube videos of people doing it before you decide if you're going to go for this platinum or not. inb4 some try hards come in here beating their chests bragging about how easy it was for them. Watch the videos, decide for yourself, consider yourself warned.

I think everyone should take ratings in general especially from people like PowerPyx with a grain of salt. Even though I've followed his videos for a number of years now and he himself has been trophy hunting for a long time, he can't always be right.

It's all very subjective. One reason why I don't like to tell people something is hard or easy because they'll just jump back at me in saying it's quite the contrary. To each their own I guess.

I kept rushing like an idiot on the string it together trophy then I saw a full run on youtube where you basically shove minutes of the timer at the last section.

4/10 max. It's not hard just some practice and taking your time with every section. ?

I do agree with @Spaz though. It's indeed all very subjective. Some people are good at platformers others are godlike in for example fighting games.

On 3.1.2021 at 4:21 AM, Rebourne07 said:

The 3.5/10 difficulty rating on Powerpyx website is a disgusting lie. Ripsnorter challenge is a 9/10, the hardest challenge you have ever or will ever face in a platformer in your lifetime. Unless you are extremely dedicated to getting this platinum don't even start. The trophy is "String it Together" Watch a few YouTube videos of people doing it before you decide if you're going to go for this platinum or not. inb4 some try hards come in here beating their chests bragging about how easy it was for them. Watch the videos, decide for yourself, consider yourself warned.

"the hardest challenge you have ever or will ever face in a platformer in your lifetime"        did you try Hollow knight? White Palace is quite a chalenge as well?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the video linked above and i'll not deny i got sweaty hands but i was thinking the time was going to be something ludicrous like 8 minutes for Gold, surprised it was 10 minutes.

Probably difficult but one of those that once you've done it a few times and have a decent run, you'll do it with a decent margin to spare, seems more about using what you've learned through the game and the mechanics but doesn't seem massively punishing once you get a good idea of layout.

Took me like 400 tries before I got the trophy. But it was really tough, especially when you get frustrated because you then begin to rush...which leads you to making stupid mistakes.

It's the hardest gold trophy I've done in years, probably since Hatsune Miku...and that wasn't a platformer.

Edited by Starlighthed211
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you're not good at platformers that's okay.  But if you can dominate 3D Mario games, this game is a cakewalk.  Looks like a 3/10 plat at best.  I respect your opinion, but coming to terms with being bad at kids games would be hard, so l have empathy for you there.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2021 at 4:14 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Wow. After watching a video I agree this is a 9/10, maybe even a 10/10. I haven’t seen another difficult platformer that can compare to this insane challenge. 

Thanks for the heads up. I will skip this game.

You’re gonna skip a game because of a trophy?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 1:13 PM, Starlighthed211 said:

Took me like 400 tries before I got the trophy. But it was really tough, especially when you get frustrated because you then begin to rush...which leads you to making stupid mistakes.

It's the hardest gold trophy I've done in years, probably since Hatsune Miku...and that wasn't a platformer.

your joking right, you did 

Prototype is one of the hardest games to plat because of the challenges. 

i be laughing if someone says this game is harder than 

Prototype and cod world at war. this game can not be harder than these 2 and lbp 1 had some of the toughest levels to ace

1 hour ago, TheGameCapsule said:

If you're not good at platformers that's okay.  But if you can dominate 3D Mario games, this game is a cakewalk.  Looks like a 3/10 plat at best.  I respect your opinion, but coming to terms with being bad at kids games would be hard, so l have empathy for you there.

Your profile says that you are not that far into the game yet. Get back to us when you get to that trophy. 

What is with people gatekeeping what is and what is not hard lol. There are dozens of people asking for help online, struggling with this one trophy. People asking for devs to make it easier on twitter and so on. You guys can do it easily? Sure, more power to you, but don't be all "git gud kid". Last Knitted Knights challenges and string it together trophy have huge difficulty spike compared to whole game. It's laughable for you to judge other people for "being bad at kids game" when you haven't played that part yourself. 

• Like 3