Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

WTF?

oh god please let this to be not real....

first the disk top stores, then the communities on the ps4 and now this?

what's next, killing the live with Playstation and shutting down the Share Factory?

What The HELL is going on with Playstation recently?

what made these situation to be frustrating is that Sony is been silent with all the shitstorms they caused lately.

for god sake i'm one of the fools whose still using and playing the ps3 and buying stuff from its store, and I'm the one who was hoping for a one big ps3 final sales then we got a frightening news like this? Jim Ryan leadership is really bad! this is the same idiot that claim no one wants to play these classic games and he got some backlash on that statement.

now that Digital Only ps5 is started to sound so silly if this is true,

Players Has No Limit my ass! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I *really* hope that if it’s true everything’s discounted. Games, avatars, themes, DLCs, etc. Because forking over $50, $80 & $60 for BO2, BO1 & MW3 respectively is ALOT compared to current gen games that go down to <$40 just a few months after release.

Yup, some prices are ridiculous. I want some of the Cod DLC but no way I'm paying full price. I regret not buying a lot DLC while it was on sale, that's a mistake I haven't made on PS4. Well actually i have with 1 game, Infinite Warfare, i forgot to buy the season pass last time it was on sale, that was aged ago 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I know, but at least a year advance warning would give people enough time to spread out the cost. As I said previously, they gave a whole year's notice of monthly PS Plus games ending on PS3 and Vita, you'd think permanently shutting down storefronts would be a tad more important than that, and would also warrant a year's notice minimum.

Right now, this is just information from a random website nobody knows anything about. This may all be nonsense and Sony will give more notice when it does become a reality. All I'm saying is don't delay too much on buying stuff. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Right now, this is just information from a random website nobody knows anything about. This may all be nonsense and Sony will give more notice when it does become a reality. All I'm saying is don't delay too much on buying stuff. 

I know, I said as much myself, but I got a bad feeling. Also said I already bought everything I want for PS3 and Vita ages ago. I'm more worried about preservation and other online capabilities if this does turn out to be true for me personally.

8 minutes ago, 90sGamer said:

My friend called Sony, they said that report was fake.

A person from a support team wouldn't have a clue about it until Sony announces it, or it's like 24 hours prior to the announcement. That's typical for most support teams.

Edited by Starlighthed211

2 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

A bit of repeat of my last post, but I've been using the links provided in this thread:

And I did some math on how much I need to spend each month before the store closes by the rumored date: About U$10 per month (After currency conversion) until July worth of DLCs if I don't buy Mass Effect 3 DLC, not half bad as thought it would be. This list is missing some PS1/PS2 RPG Classics I would love to have it digitally in my account but I have other "means" to get them anyway, so it's all good. Unfortunately with the direction Sony is taking recently, I can't help but believe that this rumor may be true after all. I hate rumors and spreading misinformation and that's why I'm still taking this with a grain of salt, but I'm also preparing myself if it comes to be true, better be safe than sorry I guess.

u may as well get the mass effect collection on ps4 later this year, will possibly have better frame rates per sec and bw compatible on ps5 and im sure the dlc will be on disc 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yup, some prices are ridiculous. I want some of the Cod DLC but no way I'm paying full price. I regret not buying a lot DLC while it was on sale, that's a mistake I haven't made on PS4. Well actually i have with 1 game, Infinite Warfare, i forgot to buy the season pass last time it was on sale, that was aged ago 

Yeah. I made that mistake too. Right when I picked up BO2 for like $5 the season pass was 50% off. That was the last time it was on sale too. Pretty sure BO1 & MW3 DLCs were discounted then too ? 

I’m more upset with the fact that it took this terrible news for me to buy a Vita and memory card. I’ve been wanting to try to handheld system for years. They were very expensive purchases, and I do believe the prices will continue to increase due to demand over the coming weeks.

If this does turn out to be true, I wonder how Sony will react to the backlash, if they do at all.

It is interesting to see how much backlash this is getting when it's still just a rumour. I don't remember the Wii Shop shut down getting tons of backlash, and that was official from the start if memory serves. As far as I'm aware, you can still re-download previously purchased games from the Wii Shop as well. Though I imagine many people emulate the Wii nowadays, or have a homebrewed Wii. Perhaps how easy the Wii was to mod was part of the reason there wasn't such a huge outcry. Not everything on PS3, PSP or Vita is backed up elsewhere, even now, and homebrewing Playstation consoles involves far more risks than the Wii (possible account bans, bricking the console, etc.), not to mention I don't think hacking any Playstation console is anywhere near as easy as a Nintendo one, but I haven't ever tried myself so I'm not 100% certain. And emulation for PS3 is still pretty crap, Vita emulation is even worse.

Certainly going to breathe a massive sigh of relief if this whole thing does turn out to be fake.

• Like 2