WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

WTF?

oh god please let this to be not real....

first the disk top stores, then the communities on the ps4 and now this?

what's next, killing the live with Playstation and shutting down the Share Factory?

What The HELL is going on with Playstation recently?

what made these situation to be frustrating is that Sony is been silent with all the shitstorms they caused lately.

for god sake i'm one of the fools whose still using and playing the ps3 and buying stuff from its store, and I'm the one who was hoping for a one big ps3 final sales then we got a frightening news like this? Jim Ryan leadership is really bad! this is the same idiot that claim no one wants to play these classic games and he got some backlash on that statement.

now that Digital Only ps5 is started to sound so silly if this is true,

Players Has No Limit my ass! 

2 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I *really* hope that if it’s true everything’s discounted. Games, avatars, themes, DLCs, etc. Because forking over $50, $80 & $60 for BO2, BO1 & MW3 respectively is ALOT compared to current gen games that go down to <$40 just a few months after release.

Yup, some prices are ridiculous. I want some of the Cod DLC but no way I'm paying full price. I regret not buying a lot DLC while it was on sale, that's a mistake I haven't made on PS4. Well actually i have with 1 game, Infinite Warfare, i forgot to buy the season pass last time it was on sale, that was aged ago 

Sony don't want us to be playing games from their older systems anymore. And that really sucks. 😒

I think they are freeing up bandwidth to expand on psnow and add a dlc payment option to it. i could be wrong. but i hope im not.

With how close we are to April 1st, I chose to remain skeptical about anything on twitter until Sony gives their official word. 

Could it be Sony is testing the waters and letting a 3rd party announce this to see how people react first?

47 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I know, but at least a year advance warning would give people enough time to spread out the cost. As I said previously, they gave a whole year's notice of monthly PS Plus games ending on PS3 and Vita, you'd think permanently shutting down storefronts would be a tad more important than that, and would also warrant a year's notice minimum.

Right now, this is just information from a random website nobody knows anything about. This may all be nonsense and Sony will give more notice when it does become a reality. All I'm saying is don't delay too much on buying stuff. 

My friend called Sony, they said that report was fake.

1 minute ago, 90sGamer said:

If you are serious you have made my week!

Even if it’s not true, it’s motivation for me anyway to platinum my PS3 backlog. 

8 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Right now, this is just information from a random website nobody knows anything about. This may all be nonsense and Sony will give more notice when it does become a reality. All I'm saying is don't delay too much on buying stuff. 

I know, I said as much myself, but I got a bad feeling. Also said I already bought everything I want for PS3 and Vita ages ago. I'm more worried about preservation and other online capabilities if this does turn out to be true for me personally.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, 90sGamer said:

A person from a support team wouldn't have a clue about it until Sony announces it, or it's like 24 hours prior to the announcement. That's typical for most support teams.

Edited by Starlighthed211

2 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

A bit of repeat of my last post, but I've been using the links provided in this thread:

And I did some math on how much I need to spend each month before the store closes by the rumored date: About U$10 per month (After currency conversion) until July worth of DLCs if I don't buy Mass Effect 3 DLC, not half bad as thought it would be. This list is missing some PS1/PS2 RPG Classics I would love to have it digitally in my account but I have other "means" to get them anyway, so it's all good. Unfortunately with the direction Sony is taking recently, I can't help but believe that this rumor may be true after all. I hate rumors and spreading misinformation and that's why I'm still taking this with a grain of salt, but I'm also preparing myself if it comes to be true, better be safe than sorry I guess.

u may as well get the mass effect collection on ps4 later this year, will possibly have better frame rates per sec and bw compatible on ps5 and im sure the dlc will be on disc 

37 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yup, some prices are ridiculous. I want some of the Cod DLC but no way I'm paying full price. I regret not buying a lot DLC while it was on sale, that's a mistake I haven't made on PS4. Well actually i have with 1 game, Infinite Warfare, i forgot to buy the season pass last time it was on sale, that was aged ago 

Yeah. I made that mistake too. Right when I picked up BO2 for like $5 the season pass was 50% off. That was the last time it was on sale too. Pretty sure BO1 & MW3 DLCs were discounted then too 😔 

12 minutes ago, 90sGamer said:

You are not funny.

According to Thomas, it was supposed to shut down in 2018

I’m more upset with the fact that it took this terrible news for me to buy a Vita and memory card. I’ve been wanting to try to handheld system for years. They were very expensive purchases, and I do believe the prices will continue to increase due to demand over the coming weeks.

I am f pissed about this. That is all I gotta say.

no big loss as everything in the ps3 store already has at least one remaster...haha...

6 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

no big loss as everything in the ps3 store already has at least one remaster...haha...

GTA4 still not was remastered 

This is why I don’t watch the news 🙈

This has to be fake btw. No way. Not this soon after rolling out the new store and telling us all to use the slow console stores.

This doesn't even make sense, since you'll still be able to access licensed content, why would they close the gates for more potential purchases?

Would you say "No" to free money??...