Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

2 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

I've noticed lately, and maybe it's just me or something I'm doing wrong, but both my PS3's, when you go on the store, games don't have that download option, or even a buy one.  I'm hoping it's like that.  Not that it would help but the less they mess with the infrastructure, the less likely it is they botch something mess up the ability to download you're old stuff.  

Yes, the store's a bit broken at this point. There is no buy option on games. You have to hover over the picture of the game itself and click on that to add it to your cart.

1 minute ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I think the PSP does this, so that's most likely what would happen.

There are still some lingering questions that I doubt we're going to have answered until the stores shut down though: What about content that you own/bought, but can't find in your download list? How exactly will we be able to re-download content on Vita (I imagine it will be as it is on PSP, but who knows)? Will we still be able to use the PSN store to search for content we own, or content in general, just not be able to buy it?

Time will tell, but there's a whole can of worms this has opened up which rightfully has people concerned, myself included. I have everything I still plan to play plus games important to me already downloaded on PS3 and Vita, but I do worry if I'll be able to re-download everything if I ever need to for whatever reason.

I've been doing it the past week to backup my digital content but you can download Vita content on to your PS3 and transfer then to the Vita itself. I can only assume this is what Sony expect us to do if the Store App on Vita doesn't allow us to access the download list there.

Just now, GregHouse007 said:

So, how long do we have until PS3 stops syncing trophies?

I wanna say for another few years, probably not until PS Now stops offering PS3 games at least (if it ever does). But I just don't know any more, this recent decision by Sony has genuinely surprised me.

Personally, I'm more worried about Vita trophy syncing going away before the PS3's does.

Just really hope they don't give another short notice announcement and we're all rushing to finish what remains of our trophy backlogs on just 3 months notice or something, whenever the time comes. Hopefully trophy syncing just won't ever go away until they shut down online functionality for those consoles indefinitely (which hopefully won't be for a very long time, considering we still need that to be able to re-download our content and all).

• Like 1

I'm definitely going to buy Medal of Honor: Frontline HD now, as it is digital only on PS3, and there is no disc on PS3. I played the game on PS2 when I was teen growing up and enjoyed it. Some DLC on PS3 games are going to be lost forever, if not available as a Complete/GOTY edition of a game. Someone should make a list of DLC that is not available via disc.

Edit - Never mind it is available on a special edition disc of Medal of Honor.

Edited by x7251
update
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, x7251 said:

I'm definitely going to buy Medal of Honor: Frontline HD now, as it is digital only on PS3, and there is no disc on PS3. I played the game on PS2 when I was teen growing up and enjoyed it. Some DLC on PS3 games are going to be lost forever, if not available as a Complete/GOTY edition of a game. Someone should make a list of DLC that is not available via disc.

I think this came with one of the modern Medal of Honor games on disc.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Thankfully most of my ps3 collection is physical but my vita.. 

Yeah me too 

I'm fine if they're closing the stores, but let us download/re-download what we already bought, I guess. it's not ideal, but at least we don't lose access to what we've paid for.

5 minutes ago, x7251 said:

It's on disc for the limited edition version of Medal of Honor. Like, the reboot one before Warfighter. <$10 on ebay.

• Like 2

I guess now that it's confirmed which honestly isn't surprising being old hardware.  I just really dislike how Sony will offer no good services / sales to play old games again or even consider preserving online for old games.  Though it can't be easy with title ownership. 

Only options at the moment

- Buy Games/DLC &  whatever you feel like on the storefront before it closes (memory cards included lol)

-  Homebrews and torrents seeing how looks like  there won't be any support anyway. 

Honestly wouldn't be surprised Jim Ryan decides to can Media Molecule and they'll make their own independent studio heh.

At this point the more PS3 library and Vita library goes into other storefronts the better imo. 

But I did enjoy PS3 and Vita for all it's worth, I did feel like PS4 was like a PS3.5 with a blocky interface on storefront/HUD. Their services need to get better and honestly hate PS+ because Online multiplayer on console became less predominant and Steam Online multiplayer became more popular.

• Like 1

Sony sent an email about it, here are the important bits:

You can download your owned content onto your PS3, PS Vita, or PSP by accessing the Download List on the respective device.
• If you have purchased a PS3/PS Vita cross-buy bundle and have only downloaded either the PS3 or PS Vita version, you will need to download the other version prior to the closure of PlayStation™Store on the relevant device.
• You will still be able to re-download and play game titles you have claimed through PlayStation®Plus as long as you remain a member of the service.

• Like 1

Never would I think I'd be buying £30 worth of ps3 avatars lmao. I just hope they do a big sale because I don't like the idea of spending about £400+ on DLC for all the games I have just to ensure that it's there if I want to play them. Looks like they removed the ability to buy ps3 items on desktop. That was a big help with the wishlist but it's gone now ugh

• Like 3